Sage regular strength facial shampoo

No Image

4.3

Aloe Barbadenesis Leaf Extract, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocomidopropyl Betaine, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate-20, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Oil, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Red 40, Yellow 5

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Could everyone on MUA please slap me if I stray from this cleanser again? I'd appreciate that.
I've been using it on and off since 2014 but have strayed countless times, thinking I could find something better, less expensive, or more easily available. I only end up regretting it several months down the line, whether it be breakout or irritation, it's always something. So there really isn't anything better for me than this.
Being in my 30's and having troublesome skin since my early teenage years, I can say that I've exhausted every option from the drugstore as well as a good portion of what Sephora, Ulta, Dermstore, and various other e-tailers have to offer. This is the clear winner.
My skin type is a bit extreme though - combination, prone to dehydration, very sensitive and reactive (hives, eczema), prone to SD, clog prone, aging, etc. Fun times.
The price of this one is a bit on the yikes side.. but I guess that's what you have to pay these days to get a no fills cleanser that doesn't contain everything but the kitchen sink or strip your skin to hell and back so it is what it is.
Shipping is around $8 but it's two day shipping, and the 4 times I've ordered from Sage, everything's arrived as ordered and right on time. No complaints.
Like others have stated, it's a thick-ish pink gel that lathers up nicely once mixed with water and rinses clean. It doesn't irritate my skin or my eyes.
I use about a nickel size amount (give or take) A.M. and P.M. and have found it lasts an impressively long time, so that does help justify the price as well.
Will definitely continue to repurchase!

on 1/12/2016 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Amazing, holy grail face wash IMO. I really love this stuff. I have super sensitive skin that seems to hate every face wash I've ever tried, but this has never irritated my skin. It just gets it clean without stripping.

It doesn't claim to do a whole lot other than cleanse, but for a face wash to do that without irritating or breaking out my skin, they get an A+ in my book. I love it and hope they never stop making it!!

on 10/14/2015 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I like the product, but as others have stated, very bad customer service. The product is gentle on my face and isn't overly drying (although the extra strength version dried my skin out quite badly). I had emailed Barbara about returning a product and followed up 4 different times over 3 weeks with zero response whatsoever. I know she received my emails/that I had the right contact information as I had emailed her prior to placing an order and received a response very quickly. Also, very expensive for a face wash. For these two reasons, I will be looking elsewhere when this bottle runs out. Please message me if you have any suggestions for alternatives!

on 4/12/2015 12:16:00 AM

This was not good for me at all. For starters, I woke up with bright red eyelids. I don't usually use cleaners over my eye area but I read reviews that it was gentle to remove all makeup. 1) It didn't remove my makeup at all, and I don't even wear waterproof makeup. 2) ALS is a harsh surfactant IMO, despite people saying its mild. In my experience of course, I can't tolerate ALS in shampoos (prefer SLES), and I guess the same goes for my skin. I believe I also was reacting to the tangerine oil, an essential oil that is problematic and irritating for sensitive skin. I looked at my skin in natural light and was shocked after two days of use my skin was just parched! I spent over $20 on a tiny bottle and unfortunately I can't use it again. I guess it was my fault for not patch testing first!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't say enough about this product. Not sure why I didn't review it when I first joined this board.. been using it since 2001. It really cleans my face yet doesnt completely dry it out and only contains a few ingredients. You can feel good about putting this on your skin but the best thing is it does not cause sensitive skin to break out. Ive tried the sensitive skin facial shampoo before and it just doesn't clean as well as the regular strength for me. Its a pain to order it sometimes having to wait by mail but I just buy a good amount at once and then only have to purchase maybe two or three times a year. I get the big pump. I like being able to clean my face in 1 step. The corrective grains are ok too but for budgeting you could go with only the facial shampoo. I only use the facial shampoo and the spf 40. The spf 40 is very moisturizing. I use another facial cream in the morning then slather on the spf 40 and then my makeup ( my skin is pretty dry) and my face feels so good! I can do without the other products but have to have the facial shampoo. I wish there was a buying option at a store and that it didn't have to be online but once you try it you are hooked and you don't want anything on the store shelf!

I have used Sage off and on for about 15 years. My favorite products have been the Facial Shampoo and Corrective Beads (formerly known and Corrective Grains). I recently had a bad acne outbreak at 45 years old...go figure. I was desperate and recalled that the combination of these two products worked well for me when I was younger. The Facial Shampoo is effective yet gentle. I don't feel overly dried out, but my skin feels really clean. I use it alone at night and it removes nearly all makeup. I don't find that is removed waterproof mascara that well although it claims to. I LOVE the scent - lightly scented mandarin orange. I find it refreshing. In the morning, I use the extra strength corrective beads followed by facial shampoo. Corrective Beads have benzoyl peroxide and are very scrubby. The facial shampoo used afterwards feels so nice and smooth. I love the product. The packaging is nothing special. Standard stuff you could use if you created your own line and used an online company to create your packaging. My least favorite thing about these products is the wording on the back of the bottle. It seems very unprofessional and not very exact. Her choice of words is...odd. BUT the product is awesome, so I just won't read the back :-). It is expensive. $36 for an 8 ounce bottle. But it lasts a VERY long time.

on 4/1/2011 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I've actually been using this cleanser since around 2007-2008, but just realized I hadn't reviewed it!

How much do I love this cleanser? Let me count the ways. Minimalistic formulation that is glycerin-free as well as SLS/SLES-free (yay! for dermatitis-prones). It's effective without stripping the skin. It's foams up without drying. The scent is very pleasant so it's enjoyable to use. And best of all, it's NO-TEARS. I just recently tried using it on my eyes with just my fingers, gently massaging clockwise, then counter-clockwise, lathering, then rinsing. And voila! No more mascara stains on my white washcloths. Love it!

INGREDIENTS: Stabilized Aloe Vera Gel, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Carbomer 940, Polysorbate 20, TEA 99%, DMDM Hydantoin, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Red #4....(May also contain: Hydrolyzed Sunflower and/or Safflower Oil, Bee Propylis Gel, Allantoin, Tangerine Oil or Lemon Mint).

on 10/6/2012 8:02:00 PM

I'm really pleased with this cleanser, it's gentle yet very effectively removes makeup. Zero irritation or breakouts. A little goes a long away. Will definitely repurchase.

I bought this after hearing about it on the skincare board. Gel like texture that lathers nicely and removes makeup very well. Pleasant smelling (citrusy) and gentler being that it is SLS/SLES free. That being said this is a very basic wash, and since I have stopped wearing makeup I no longer need a cleanser this strong. It is effective for the purpose of removing grime and all forms of makeup, even eye but may be too much for someone just doing a once a day face wash with nothing to "remove".

on 4/9/2011 2:37:00 AM

I bought this shampoo after hearing great things about it on the board- Thanks, Barbih! I love the ingredients and that it's aloe-vera based instead of water. It removes all my makeup and sunscreen which is a plus. I don't have to use a separate cleansing oil. I think my skin looks super clear since using it and it has even cleared up some blackheads around and on my nose. I have combo-sometimes dry skin and I am very happy that I came by this!