Mary Kay TimeWise 3-in-1 cleanser C/O

Mary Kay TimeWise 3-in-1 cleanser C/O

3.8

water, tea-lauryl sulfate, hexylene glycol,disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, triethanolamine, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, burdock extract, grapefruit extract, hops extract, equisetum hiemale extract, salvia officinalis (sage) extract, witch hazel extract, horse chestnut extract, propylene glycol, disodium EDTA. diazolidinyl urea, carnauba wax, mannitol, methylparaben, cellulose, butylene glycol, propylparaben, C9-15 alkyl phosphate, lauramine oxide, glycerin, thermus thermophillus ferment, ethyl linoleate, ethyl lnollenate, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, phenoxyethanol, talc, ultramarine, Red 30

on 1/22/2011 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This cleanser (and the matching moisturizer) is amazing, and I will be forever grateful for it for giving me what I have always wanted: completely clear skin! I have to admit, this stuff took me by surprise. I had never tried Mary Kay products before this, and all I knew about Mary Kay was the pink emollient night cream that my mom used (which I would never ever put on my very oily skin). So I wasn't expecting much when I went to my first MK party. The day of the party was a humid summer day and my face already felt gross and oily, so I gladly used some of this cleanser to cleanse and remove my makeup. We didn't use water, just wet wipes to remove the cleanser...and yet it got my face completely clean and refreshed feeling. So needless to say, I ordered the cleanser and moisturizer. And using only those two products, my face completely cleared up! I did not break out even once while using those two products. I guess what my skin needed all along was a gentle cleanser and moisturizer instead of all the harsh oil- and acne-fighting products I had used before.
The cleanser is an unfragranced gel with little "exfoliating" beads. It doesn't really foam up and create a lot of lather, which I wasn't used to, but it works. Also, I don't think the beads are very exfoliating. I think a previous reviewer got it right by saying they just have beneficial ingredients that burst during cleansing. So don't expect much in the way of exfoliation with this product.
Unfortunately, it is a bit pricey for me right now, and I was having to use too much of it to remove my very water resistant sunscreen, so I had to switch (Right now I'm using Purpose gentle face wash). But overall, I love this product and plan on using it again someday. It's seriously the reason why I have great skin now!

It made my face feel clean but I broke out in hives!

on 3/28/2013 12:43:00 PM

I use both the C/O and N/D cleansers and am beyond pleased with both. I use the C/O in the spring and summer and it keeps my skin in check. I don't feel like it tightens my skin, it leaves it refreshed. I like that it doesn't foam too much. Cleansers that are overly foaming strip your skin of needed oils which isn't good. This cleanser leaves you with the right amount of natural oil which is good. My oil stays in check and a good normal level with this, I will continue to use this. Also I have found that both formulations work well with y clarisonic mia.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This made me break out bad, looked like i was a teenager with extreme acne!
Never going to purchase this product or brand again. People should be warned. Way over priced, don't let them tell you how good this product is, because it isn't.

I marked that I won't be buying again as A) I don't have oily/combination skin, I have dry/sensitive skin and this was a gift but it worked so well without stripping my skin that I actually found that I was able to use it every night and did not have to list it as a swap.
B) I didn't buy it. and C) I won't be buying a $15 tube of the wrong skin type (for my skin) cleanser....having said that....

If you have sensitive skin, this is a VERY gentle cleanser that will work well for you. I actually have dry sensitive skin. This cleanser was given to me as part of a gift pack and I (inwardly) groaned when I realized that it was for oily/combination skin but thought that I would try it at nightime sunblock and makeup removing time for a couple of nights and see how it went.

I was pleasantly surprised that this cleanser is so mild and hypo-allergenic that it did not strip my skin and yet clensed it thoroughly. I used just about a 50 cent sized amount on a clean wash cloth each night and it was enough to clean both my face and neck. And then I would rinse thoroughly with tepidly warm water and use moisturizer and whatever treatments I needed (sadly I STILL have to spot treat for acne at my age. And my dermatologist has confirmed acne, not rosacea.) I was VERY pleased that this cleanser did not seem to stick in my pores or aggravate that problem.

I am thinking of trying the Mary Kay Timewise cleanser now that is actually meant for dry skin as I am so pleased with this one.

Overall, if you have sensitive skin, I can recommend this product.

on 8/18/2012 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Overpriced and didn't clean well. Broke out from this. Stay away if you have sensitive skin, you will regret your purchase.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

been using for 6 months and my skin loves it. My skin no longer loves salicylic acid it actually breaks me out. this stuff is gentle. it the only MK stuff i will use everything else is always a miss with me or just don't like.

I've been using the cleanser for years. It does a great job of cleansing and leaving skin soft, but not greasy, and certainly never dry. Excellent year-round cleanser, I highly recommend.

on 12/3/2009 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a good, basic, fragrance-free cleanser. It removes makeup well, and my face doesn't feel overly dry or tight afterwards. I do notice some dry flakiness around my mouth and just under the inner arch of my eyebrows, but as those are naturally the only dry areas in my otherwise very oily face, and just about every other cleanser I've tried for oily skin dries out those areas too. The instructions for the cleanser state to keep away from around the eyes, but when I wash my face, I rub cleanser everywhere and I haven't noticed any stinging, and it removes eye makeup well.

I wish the packaging was different. I really don't care for tubes all that much. Much prefer pumps or squeeze bottles.

I don't think the beads are meant to be exfoliating; rather I think they're supposed to be filled with beneficial ingredients for the skin, just like the Nightime Moisturizer (but those beads are "popped" with each pump).

I have noticed that my skin has been better since using the TimeWise line in that it takes my nose longer to develop noticeable blackheads. I've had blackheads since puberty, and think I always will, or until my skin stops being so oily. Typically, I wait until the blackheads are noticeable (and I always notice them before anyone else), and then I attack them with Biore Pore Strips and manual extraction. The TimeWise has been a blessing in that I can go longer between attack modes.

Another substantial side benefit to using the TimeWise is that I don't have any clogged pores on my chin. I don't get inflamed pimples on my chin, however, I used to see tiny whitish "quills" sticking out of my chin. These were impossible to extract manually, and just about the only way to get rid of them was to apply Biore Pore Strips to my chin area regularly. The tiny whitish "quills" have all but disappeared, but now I do have to deal with dry, flaky skin around my mouth and chin area, which is easily taken care of with generous applications of the TimeWise Moisturizer.

on 11/6/2006 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I decided to give this a try only because my mother sorta had a point in saying I should start using "anti-aging" products BEFORE I ever even start "the" aging process to prevent wrinkles, etc., hince the "anti" ( I'm only 17!). LOL. Anyway, This REALLY dryed my face out. And I have OILY skin. I loved the gel-texture, not so runny,.. really nice. Obviously the little beads aren't necessary as they don't do anything as far as exfoliation goes. I started getting PATCHES of dry skin on my cheeks and chin, and some parts of my forehead.. peeling really. The parts that were peeling on my chin actually HURT. Ouch. I have NEVER had this happen to me. And how unfortanete, my tube is practically full. I used it for about... 3 weeks? Yeah. I still think it's worth giving a try cause even if it didn't work for me, it might work for others.