NARS Nico

Amour, O, Silvana, Penny Lane, Nico, and SertaoNico

on 9/24/2017 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I clicked the "no" box on would I repurchase b/c I seldom use highlighter and that is what this is for me. I've had this for years and it isn't even half used up but I unfortunately dropped it and the lid and color part are now 2 separate pieces, though luckily the contents didn't crack, so still usable. Yes it is quite subtle compared to other highlighters but I don't want a "look at my highlighter" look. So, I keep it and occasionally pull it out from my blush stash, mostly after I've watched one too many Youtubes that included highlighting. My complexion is pale neutral to yellow and on me the color looks champagne with the slightest shimmer - much less shimmer on me, though a totally different color than Orgasm.

on 10/22/2016 12:31:00 PM

I use this as a setting powder, its wonderful, I hit pan a few months ago and ive been rationing what ever little bit is left until I can replace it. I absolutely love it so much.

This is my all time fave. As its kind of a cross between a highlighter and a blush, it is so versatile. I use it as a subtle highlight, a luminous finishing powder, and a neutral blush to build on top of others, especially if you are fair like myself and can easily overdo this blush a little bit. Nico will totally tone it down without diluting the blush color or overdoing your glow.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm surprised that this product doesn't have any recent reviews, especially considering the fact that the "lit from within" look has been trending lately.

Nico is marketed as a highlighting blush but I can't think of a single skin tone that this would be a blushing color on. This product is a lightly warm pale beige with a slight sheen. The color is unique. I think this is more like a highlighter than it is a blush. Though I have to admit... I haven't gotten into highlighting at all. I think it's absolutely beautiful but I have no cheekbones to speak of. Depending on your skintone I think this could work as a very subtle highlight.

I use this as a finishing powder. I'm not as pale as it gets skintone wise but am only a few steps above that. Sometimes I put a light dusting underneath my eyes or sometimes all over my face. It gives a subtle, natural glow and adds a certain softness to the face. The brightening effects are real. It could also be used as a browbone highlight or eyeshadow, or to add dimension when paired with matte blushes.

The formula is extremely silky and finely milled. I got this as part of a limited edition NARS cheek palette and am really glad I did because it's something I never would have thought to pick out on my own but it's a nice powder to own. I feel like this makes me look fresher, illuminated, and radiant.

The only reason I won't repurchase this is because NARS isn't cruelty free (I got the palette Nico was included in as a Christmas gift.) If you're interested though, I think the full-sized product (which is .16oz) is $30.00.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I can't believe I have not written a review on one of my HG Blushers of all time. As of today I have hit pan on NICO blush. This is marketed as a Blush although, it is so versatile it can be used as an all over highlighter for a candlelight glow, a soft focus eyeshadow and lastly and most used by moi a fabulous blusher. I am a huge Nars blush wearer and lover. I own a few Nars Blushers from Amour, Orgasm, Super Orgasm, Mata Hari and Nico. I love them all as they each help achieve a certain "look" when I am playing around with my makeup. I like to mix stuff up from Goth Rocker to Fairy Ethereal Rocker.
I wear Nico when I am playing up the lips and lining out the eyes for example today I am rocking out Rebel lipstick by MAC, Nico blush, They're Real Mascara by Benefit with eye look Pearl CCB by MAC all over the lid, upper lid eyeliner in Alligator by Gosh and Urban Decay liner on lower lid in Graffiti, inner corner Lemon Soda eyeliner by Gosh. I love this look! Green and Burgundy! Nico Blush pulls this look all together. Try it you will love it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have always loved the look of highlighters, but it is a challenge to find a good one for an oily-skinned girl like me. While others love Albatross, I found that the whitish gold frost was just too much for me. I've actually been eyeing this blush since I was 17 (I'm currently 24!!). I did not know the concept of highlighting back then, I just admired its description on the official website as a "natural glow." I feel that NARS doesn't always get their shade descriptions right (how many "peachy pink" shades do they have that aren't the same?). However, this is one instance that NARS gets it right. The finish is not frosty or shimmery. It is a somewhat sheer, creamy satin that livens my face. At least for my NC25/NARS Fiji skin, I can be as heavy handed as I like without looking like a newly fried chicken. I really feel that this is an underrated product and will repurchase!

on 11/10/2013 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I just shamed myself into writing a Nico review, as I'd mentioned it doesn't get enough MUA love, then realized I'd also failed to formally give it its due. As someone else already said, Nico is neither a true highlighter nor a true blush, hence, perhaps, its uncertain MUA status. It's too light for most as a proper blush, and lacks the more obvious sparkle and shine of a highlighter like Albatross, since Nico's ever so slight beige/cream color tones down that starker, golden/white Albatross appearance. Which is why, for those of us who have tried Albatross and other 'subtle' highlighters (Mac Soft and Gentle, Hard Candy Tiki, and their ilk) and STILL find them a bit over the top for daily wear (and yeah, I confess, I'm in my early 50s so that could influence also), Nico is perfection. Just the slightest whisp of a warm glow, but nothing one could directly spot-even in front of a magnifying mirror. And yet it brightens and does help to very discretely highlight this NC20-25 warm toned skin. I use it under my eyes as a brightening concealer helper, under brows as highlighter, and also toss a brushful around my cheeks on days when I'm just looking a little less perky or tired than usual. And, voila, a Nico pick-me-up! I will spring for a truer highlighter at night sometimes, but Nico is a daytime workhorse for me, and I'll definitely buy another when the time comes.

on 9/18/2013 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Like everyone said below, I use this as a setting powder; buffing in with a kabuki brush.

Most dewy look ever. I look like I sparkle from within! No white cast, or powdery residue on top of the face. Just very natural.

I fully understand that some people may not get this product - it is not a blush in spite of being sold as one! This is a brightening powder, and a lovely one for that. It isnt gaudy or sparkly and wont make you look cheap. It is silky and if buffed in with a kabuki brush (of small to medium diameter) it sinks into your skin and brightens it. I used as an eye shadow, from lid to brow, as a brightening powder on my cheekbones and any point I want to bring out. If this sounds appealing to you,you may want to consider Shiseido Luminizing Satin Face Color in BE206 - it is the same kind of product only in a yellow shade. If you are near a NARS counter, give this one a go.. you may have a eureka moment like I did..

Am I the only person who actually uses this as a blush? I recently hit pan on my Sex Appeal, and whilst I didn't buy this to replace it (I bought this to highlight, after having read all the reviews on here- I have Albatross but it's too weird and frosty green on me!), it may have done so anyway! On me it is not a highlighter, it's a sheeny peach blush. I am very very fair. I'd probably be a NW5-10! And I love it! It makes me glow and tones in wonderfully with my blonde hair and the few freckles I have (it's the end of summer). So good!