Urban Decay Shot Gun lipgunk

No Image

3.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/5/2011 10:50:00 AM

The ultimate nude lip gloss. Accept no substitutes.

I'm surprised folks don't seem to like this much round these here parts: "Shotgun" lipgunk is what I use in place of a "nude" lipstick when doing a very full-on dark smoky eye with pale "Mod" like lips - it's the perfect mauvey-pinky-beige for my warm colouring, it is pretty opaque, and actually gives darn good coverage to my lips (which are fairly bright rosey pink, actually a couple of shades darker than Shotgun) without making me look ill. The taste doesn't make me think of grapes, just something really sugary and sweet.... more like some little purple sweets called "Parma Violets" we used to get here in the UK in my childhood... a nostalgic and not unpleasant scent and taste, you would say. The texture of the lipglass is metallic and pretty. I'm on (I think) my third tube of this and think it's simply marvellous stuff.

Before we start... Girls, this is a frosty job. Now, it's okay i quite like it because worn a little lighter - as a stain, it looks pretty good. Smells the same as Area 51 - i think they ran out of flavours! - If fake grapes and frosty beiges are your thing, go for it !

This is a actually a pretty natural, shimmery ylbb mauve color, wasn't as scary as I thought it would be based on these reviews. The only thing I don't like is the fake grape scent it has, reminds me of grape flavored kids vitamins.

on 10/28/2004 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this :) It is not too frosty on me, though I have darkly pigmented lips (for an LLL). On me, it's a shimmery mauve that's pretty much an MLBB color. It's just as sticky as my Hotpants lipgunk, so it lasts just as well. I love the smell-it's like strong grape candy. It is a very strong scent, so it lasts a few minutes on my lips. It's a beautiful cool mauve that is shiny and smells great!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this lipgunk makes me look exactly like edward scissorhands. i dont know why. thats just what it reminds me of. on me it comes off as a sparkly frosty lavendar mauve color. maybe good on someone else, but terrible on me. still has the nice lipgunk consistancy though.

on 5/16/2004 7:29:00 AM

The color looks great in the tube, but on my lips it's too frosty.. I should've picked another color! But then again I love the formula, not too sticky, great taste & smell, and it works for me if I apply it very lightly. Wouldn't purchase this color again, but happily another one!

Color looks very pretty in tube but when applied, it often looks too frosty. The brush it comes with collects too much product. When used with a different brush, it looks muave with pretty subtle silver sparkles. Awesome smell!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really despise grape flavoring. It all goes back to being forced to drink under-sugared grape Kool-Aid while at daycare for years. Luckily for this lipgunk, the color is worth the grape flavor and it will help me work through my grape issues. Itís a shimmery metallic mauve. Like most lipgunks, it goes on smoothly and stays on well.

on 4/1/2004 2:57:00 PM

I wouldn't normally go for a color like this, but it's nice to do something a little different!See I'm a pale blond in love with anything pink-but this works! A deep brownish mauve with silver shimmer that has an awesome grape scent:) I love lipgunks!