L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Concealer

L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Concealer
True Match Super-Blendable ConcealerTrue Match Super-Blendable ConcealerTrue Match Super-Blendable ConcealerHeart My Concealer! <3loreal true match super-blendable concealer

3.5

AQUA / WATER / EAU • CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE • GLYCERIN SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE • PROPYLENE GLYCOL • TITANIUM DIOXIDE • OZOKERITE • PHENOXYETHANOL • MAGNESIUM SULFATE • DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE • DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE • METHYLPARABEN • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER • BUTYLPARABEN ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE • ALUMINA • MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE • CALCIUM PANTETHEINE SULFONATE • DEXTRAN SULFATE • SILICA [+/- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES MICA ]

This concealer has a good color for fair skin, but the sad part is that it breaks down after 3 - 5 hours. The color is like almost gone and it is quite sad. I set my concealer with Laura Mercier secret brightning powder still it does not last long enough on me. I have dry skin.

This concealer is a miss for me.

HG concealer! Best concealer at the drugstore along with Maybelline FitMe (although those ones are too pink). I prefer this over my high end concealers as well. Very pigmented, suitable for neutral and warm skintones! Super brightening under the eyes but covers skin imperfections as well.
PROS:
- great color match! only drugstore concealer that is not pink based
- good price
- brightening
- covers breakouts very well
- not cakey
- blendable
- long lasting
CONS:
- not many options for darker skins

on 12/11/2016 4:19:00 AM

this is okay concealer, not as much coverage as i would like, and it dies down terribly...however it is great to use with too dark foundations, to lighten them, i love this product for that, and i love the applicator.

on 11/28/2016 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

While perusing some Black Friday sales, I saw this concealer on a steep discount. Despite the low ratings, since I'm a huge fan of the True Match foundation, I thought, "Eh, why not?". Unfortunately, this was majorly disappointing.

First of all, the color range is awkward. They bundle 3 shades into one. How can skin 3 shades lighter/darker share the same color of concealer? Anyway, being a W2 in the True Match foundation, I picked up the W1-2-3 concealer. Swatched next to the W2, this concealer is significantly more peach than the foundation and a touch darker, too. I guess it could kind of work for the purpose of color correcting dark circles, but the problem is this concealer has pathetic coverage. Don't get me wrong, I hate the stark white undereye concealer look that is popular nowadays, but my (admittedly prominent) dark purple circles just show straight through, no matter how many layers I slather on. And another problem is that this concealer creases like crazy if you try to apply more than like one thin layer, even after setting with powder (which coincidentally was the biggest issue I faced with the True Match foundation, too, despite how much I love it).

So all in all, I would definitely not recommend this concealer. The shade range is wonky (particularly compared to the foundation counterparts) and it's so watery and impossible to build up that there's almost no point in using it.

I have just finished my first tube and I'm awaiting a sale to repurchase this product. I was very happy with the coverage and staying power of this product, however, $20 is a bit steep for the amount of product you get. I used vanilla (#2), and found this of all of the shades the least pink and excellent for brightening under eyes, this shade also doesn't oxidise and remains true to the colour at first application.

The reason why I'm on my 4th "tube" is the perfect shade for my porcelain skin, #1 Ivory. I use it when I'm not using foundation, along with my catrice camouflage cream. It's pretty similar to NARS Siberia, paler and more yellow toned than Mac Pro Longwear concealer NC15. Literally my skin tone in a bottle.
On its on, it offers not more than a medium coverage. Sometimes when I try to make too dark foundation work I apply this concealer along my jawline and on my chin, to match my neck. It's also nice for touch ups because it doesn't look cakey (I apply it with beauty blender).

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Another product I've tried out of the True Match line. And by far, this is the best of the foundation/powder/concealer group. This gives a nice, let's say, 'more on full but pretty medium too' coverage. You could control the coverage anyway by how much product you use. I use 3-5 swipes because I use two shades, a skin-matching shade and a slight highlight/brightening shade. I haven't used this as a contour as I don't have a dark shade but the way this blends is amazing, that I think that would be great too. I use a wet sponge to blend this in by very lightly tapping it in to the skin. And you end up with a beautiful, skin like finish. It's somehow dewy, but it does blend in into naked skin really good as well as it does with foundation. Plus+, this is one of the few concealers that offered me perfect skin match (N6-7-8, alongside with L.A Girl Pro Conceal's Medium Bisque).

Although this fades away somehow quick, even with the beautiful coverage it gives. Especially on my undereyes, I notice that it loses its coverage in minutes. But that would be it for a few more hours, and then you lose more coverage on the later hours of wearing until it settles to a light coverage that shows my redness through by the end of the day. Although because I've set this with the True Match powder (which is an awful powder) and I am very oily and I live in a tropical country, so I might as well try setting this with a better powder next time. But still, I will most probably would repurchase this because it is affordable and works well for me.

I got this to go with the Loreal tru match foundation and I like it! It's super blendable and not cakey at all. You can build it up if you need to. If I set it with powder it lasts a pretty good while. A lot of people say this is a dupe for nars creamy concealer and I do think the two are similar. I reach for this one more because I like the color better and I feel like this one is more blendable and buildable. But this is not a full coverage concealer.

on 5/30/2016 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is in OK concealer for me. It doesn't last long on me but I have an oily skin. It's not pigmented enough for my liking so I end up using more product and that leads to it being apparent on the skin. From the drugstore Hard Candy glamoflauge and NYX HD concealer are more pigmented and more long-lasting specially the HC. This settles and creases on my skin,I don't recomend this for oily skin. I used the shade w1/2/3 it was a little too warm for me. I think it's just OK and I won't purchase it again.

on 4/24/2016 2:44:00 PM

I've been using this stuff for years now and it's an amazing concealer! I think this is a must in your makeup kit. I have two different shades that i use everyday. I like to use cool toned shade (c2) as an under eye concealer because it's kinda pinky and good for circles black things and i also got w1 to highlight my face. I can also say that this could be a dupe for nars radiant concealer which is my previous concealer
PROS:
Blendable
Natural looking
Medium to full coverage
Good for both under eyes and imperfections
Shade range is amazing for a drugstore brand
CONS:
I ran out so quickly
If you don't set with a powder it creases