NARS Orgasm

NARS Orgasm
Orgasm2nd attempt on Orgasm:worked!!(over LipFusion XL)

3.5

on 1/21/2017 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I found this lip gloss to be especially sticky. The color payoff was next to nothing on my pigmented lips. It does live a peachy sheen to the lips, so if you have minimal pigment on the lips this may work for you. I only use it to highlight the center of my bottom lip when I wear nude lippies.

on 1/19/2017 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I legit forgot about this gloss for a hot minute, because I have been using so many liquid lipsticks over the past year or so, totally neglecting my glosses. It wasn't until a few days ago that this gloss got revived, as a "topper" for a few dark brown-ish liquid lippies that I wasn't really feeling. This gave new life to those shades, as well as revived a nice healthy look to my lips on its own, without any additional colors or products.

I am glad this product's forgotten state was only temporary, because I really do think this is a wonderful gloss. The formulation is great IMO; light weight, comfortable, and not sticky in any way. The color is just lovely - on me its a pinky peach shimmer. I love the shine of this alone along with the pop of sass it gives, but I really think it works amazingly in conjunction with/over brown, berry, and red shades (I LOVE this over JSC's Unicorn Blood and it makes it less drying). Although I am a fan of other Nars glosses, this one just has a lil' more "oomph" to it. This will always be a staple in my arsenal, and for good reason.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I was hoping this would be more pigmented, especially because it has the exact same texture as many other drugstore lip glosses. The quality is no better, so it's hard to justify the high price imo.

I bought this strictly for the color; I already have Nars Orgasm blush (which I LOVE), so I was hoping to complement that beautiful color with this gloss.

Unfortunately, it's way more glittery and transparent than I was expecting. The tube makes it look shimmery, so I thought it would be fine.

Honestly, I'm past the point in my life where I think glitter on my lips is appropriate, but for those of you who are either in your teens, twenties or are young in spirit, you may adore this gloss. I'm happy for you, and wish I could enjoy it more too.

on 9/8/2015 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

*Edited* This is the most I've ever spent on a tube of gloss! Orgasm is very opaque and pigmented for a gloss. It is more of sticky gloss and this doesn't really have a fragrance. I find it performs better with a small amount because it can be really tricky to spread on the lips with the doe foot applicator. I also found the the gloss doesn't have a lasting staying power and can be quite drying. I wouldn't repurchase this because I don't think it's worth the price tag.

Pros:
    - flattering pink/peach with gold shimmer
    - opaque in 1-2 coats
    - typical sleek Nars packaging
    - no fragrance

Cons:
    - pricy for a lip gloss
    - drying on lips
    - not long lasting
    - easy to over apply
    - tacky, sticky consistency

on 8/7/2015 1:21:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I hated this initially, I felt it was too orange and too glittery for me. But after wearing it in sunlight and natural light (not my bathroom lighting) I realized it looked really nice. Peachy and the glitter was not as noticeable as I thought. Comes across as more glittery/shine than straight up glitter. Not sticky either. I wish it wasn't so expensive and that it lasted longer on my lips. Would repurchase.

on 7/13/2015 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love love love this gloss. I don't use the blush because it doesn't show up on me but I wish I could because I love the color. Solution: use the gloss! Great texture, good staying power (I drink tea all day so I always have to reapply no matter what lippie I'm wearing. I love the packaging too. Such a beautiful product!

on 6/15/2015 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Peachy pink with gold shimmer, this is a warm color rather than a cool color. Most lip glosses are varying degrees of sticky. This isn't terribly sticky, compared to other glosses, but it is, after all, a gloss. If you can't tolerate any stickiness, balms or lipsticks are probably more suitable formulas for you. For me this is a very flattering shade - I am NC20 in MAC foundations and find peaches and corals to be good colors to complement my skin.

It is a subtle color because it's not heavily pigmented. My experience is better than some of the other reviews here - I actually found the gloss to be emollient enough. I have been eying this gloss for awhile, as well as Risky Business which is more of a raspberry shimmer and probably a more universally flattering shade. As luck would have it, I received a travel-size "Orgasm" as a Sephora bonus, so I got to try it for free, and I'll use it up before buying a full size.

As of this writing, Nars doesn't test on animals, which I truly appreciate. They have some great products including the famous Orgasm blush and Radiant Creamy Concealer. I also had good luck with Nars Eyeliner Stylo in the dark brown shade, Carpates, although it's not as long-wearing as gel liners that come in little pots. Nars Sheer Glow is a nice foundation for normal skin. I used up an entire bottle of Deauville Sheer Glow, and didn't repurchase only because my skin is getting shinier and I wanted something designed for oilier skin.

For a nice coral lip, I suggest NARS Fantasia lip pencil all over the lip and top it with Nars Orgasm lip gloss.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I like the color and name of this lip gloss but it was nothing special. I realize I am not a fan of lipgloss in general though so you might want to take my review with a grain of salt. I just felt like it was kind of sticky and did not last super long. At least it isn't tested on animals. Anyways, too expensive.

This lipgloss is a pretty pink color and it has a fun name. It's not my favorite lipgloss though, I'm going to try some other lip glosses. It's too expensive and felt kind of sticky and didn't last super long :-/ It's okay but I was let down.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

A strongly frosted/glittered gloss that is more orange than pink. Dries out my lips. Not long wearing at all. Not flattering on my porcelain, cool toned skin.