L'Occitane 25% shea butter ultra rich body cream

L'Occitane 25% shea butter ultra rich body cream
25% shea butter ultra rich body cream

3.8

Water**, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)**, Glycerin,Cyclomethicone, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch**, Isononyl Isononanoate, Cetearyl Alcohol**,Sodium PCA**,Mel Extract/Honey Extract**, Dimethicone , Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract**, Sorbitol**, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols**, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil**, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil**, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract**, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract**, Tocopherol**, Fragrance, Xanthan Gum**, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract**, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil**, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Alcohol Denat**, Ceteareth-33**, Laureth-7**,Phenoxyethanol, Methyl/Ethyl/Butyl/Isobutyl/Propyl/Paraben, Benzyl Alcohol**, Benzyl Benzoate**, Citronellol**, Hydroxyisohexyl 3, Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Coumarin**, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool**, Hexyl Cinnamal, Alpha,Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene****Natural Origin Ingredients

on 2/14/2016 4:32:00 PM

Moisturizing but not enough for winter. It did not last the whole day. Scent was subtle, linger a bit to much.

on 1/14/2016 2:39:00 PM

I have really dry skin with wet patches mostly on my forehead, so I really need a very moisturizing cream. This one, however, doesn't moisturize so well keeping in mind that it is on the expensive side, and it didn't live up to my expectations. moreover, it left my skin red and feeling really tight. I do not recommend this for dry and sensitive skin.

To Read all 84 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/19/2015 7:02:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I'm about to go out and buy another tub of this ridiculously expensive body cream. Why you make be asking yourself? Very simple - it works for eczema. Specifically for my toddler son. We already have a huge collection of prescribed eczema creams from various pediatricians and dermatologist. The other emollient creams make him cry out because they 'burn'. This is the first product that doesn't make him next to Dermalex. **For those that don't know, Dermalex is a British eczema cream. At almost £20 a tube (about $35 USD) it's actually cheaper to buy this than Dermalex and I get triple the amount of cream.

I have eczema too, but not to the extent my toddler has. I also use this on my legs after I shave, but sparingly. It has a scent, but it's not to overpowering.

Expensive - yes. Great for eczema - yes. Will I buy again - you bet.

L'Occitane does shea and body products very well. This body cream is exactly what it says - ultra rich body cream. But ultra rich without being sticky, greasy, cluggy. If you have a dry, dehydrated patch of skin, this goes over it so comfortably, a nice thick (but hydrating) consistency and leaves your skin feeling so soft.

Yes it's fragranced, and yes it's too heavy to use in summer or if you live in humid climates. But in winter, when you want more heaviness in your body products, this one is a HG.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

First product I think I will put on automatic replenish. I have psoriasis and eczema and I have all kinds of prescriptions that are strong and scary. Tried this, use it every evening after my shower. It sinks in immediately, leaves my skin soft and feeling very comfortable. And it is clearing up the dry patches handily. I use the shea butter on the really tough spots in addition. I do like La Mer body cream too, but his is cheaper so I don't mind using as much as I want and I just love it. Yay!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

L'Occitane is well known for their shea products and the reasons for it are justified. Their shea hand cream and body cream are creamy and super moisturizing; the only thing you can beat them on is pricing as L'Occitane is not cheap. But if you feel like splurging and want a quality cream, this is it.

I must say it does take some massaging of the skin to get it to absorb as it is rather thick in consistency. The scent can make or break it I suppose but I for one love the clean powdery smell of the cream...it's really not that overpowering compared to, say, fragrance laden products you find at B&BW at the mall.

Packaging for the body cream is pretty solid; it is all heavy duty plastic so there is no worry of dropping the container and shattering it (as you would for the equally delectable Almond Milk Concentrate body cream/lotion).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a wonderful product as it delivers a crazy amount of moisture and will soothe even the driest skin without feeling greasy, but the scent killed it for me. It smells so strongly of baby powder (maybe diaper wipes?) that it not only scents the entire room, it completely takes over whatever perfume I'm wearing. And I've only been using it on my hands (I just have a small sample packet I got from Sephora) - I can't imagine using it all over my body as I'd probably end up with a headache. Normally I don't mind scented products, even scents that I'm not particularly fond of, but this is way too much for my nose.

on 8/4/2014 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is very moisturizing! I used to use Vaseline until I realized the ingredients in it so I'm avoiding it now. It's a tester one so I can't comment on its price but I've used it on my cracked feet and now they are so soft and moisturized and most importantly - they aren't as cracked! Love it, going to buy the full size one tomorrow!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a very heavy, thick body cream. Almost more of a body butter. The formula is very creamy and luxurious, and my skin absorbs it very well. Sometimes with thick lotions they sit on top of my skin and have to be worked into the skin, but this is very nourishing and moisturizing. The only negative lippie is for the scent. It's almost an herbal/medicine-y scent that is just not pleasing to my senses. It's not overpowering or anything and even still feel the formula and overall pros of this product outweigh the scent factor. I'm probably a little more interested in trying other L'Occitane products that are similar but smell a little different. (I would imagine they have something similar that works just as good!) This definitely comes in handy during dry winter months or in my case after shaving/being in the sun all day since it is summertime here!

on 4/8/2014 10:25:00 AM

Really enjoy this cream for soothing/healing extremely dry winter skin. The scent is very faint but pleasant (a clean smell), and the cream is thick but absorbs well. I actually really like a tub for cream, even though I know about the hygiene concerns/concerns about air spoiling the product. I'll definitely repurchase to get my skin through the winter.