Origins Modern Friction

Origins Modern Friction

3.7

Aqueous infusion; rosa damascena (rose) flower; oryza sativa (rice) starch; sodium laureth sulfate; glycerin; cocamide mea; flycol disterate; acylates copolymer; pentylene flycol; polysorbate 20; essential oils (olea); citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot); citrus limon (lemon); cucumis sativus (cucumber); cinnamomum camphora (shiu); litsea cubeba; citrus aurantium (petitgrain); ocimum basilicum (basil); citral; linalool; benzyl salicylate; limonene and mentha piperita (peppermint), aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice; scutellaria baicalensis; pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract; cucumis sativa (cucumber) fruit extract; textrahexyldecyl (vitamin C) ascorbate; butylene glycol; hexylene glycol; sodium cocate; caprylyl glycol; sodium sulfate; hydroxypropyl methylcellulose; sodium chloride; laureth-2; tetradibutyl pentaerithityl hydroxyhydrocinnamate; edta; disodium edta; trisodium hedta; methylchlorosothiazolinone; methylisothiazolinone; sodium benzoate; penoxyethanaol; titanium dioxide (ci 7789).

on 8/4/2017 10:23:00 AM

This is a scrub (not a mask). I love it, although it's too expensive for what it is. Directions for use: 2-3 times a week, scoop onto fingertips and massage over dry, clean skin in circular motions. For sensitive skin, massage over damp skin. Add a splash of water and work into a gentle lather. Rinse well.
So no, you shouldn't leave this on your skin for 10 minutes.

on 8/4/2017 2:35:00 AM

After trying this product and have a sensation of burning I checked the ingerdients:
Water\Aqua\Eau, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Water, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamide Mea, Glycol Distearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil*, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil*, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Oil*, Cinnamomum Camphora (Camphor) Oil*, Litsea Cubeba Fruit Oil*, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Peel Extract*, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Oil*, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil*, Citral, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Cocoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Sulfate, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Sodium Chloride, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-2, Edta, Disodium Edta, Trisodium Hedta, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).

You have Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone in a mask that suppose to stay on your skin for minimum 10 minutes?? That is so harmful to your face. These ingredients are bad even as wash.

Never will buy again.

on 3/29/2017 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I received a deluxe sample of this and have been able to use it several times. I would not purchase this product, however. It is SO expensive for a pretty basic scrub and there are a few other flaws. While it does exfoliate well and leave my face clean and smooth it also burns my sinuses something terrible. I'm not sure what scent/oil is in this to make it so strong and cause the burning, but it's there and uncomfortable. I also am not keen on the fact that it is an abrasive scrub that may damage skin by causing small tears - chemical exfoliation is much better for simply removing dry skin and helping prevent acne. If I revceived samples in the future I'd use it up on the occasional times I do need a good scrub, but I would never pay what this costs, especially since it isn't something I can enjoy using.

on 9/18/2016 3:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

It's so rough.. It is effective, but I feel like I am peeling my skin away. It stings as well if it gets into the nose area. It's definitely not suited for sensitive skin.. Honestly I'm not sure it's suited for anything but teenage acne prone skin - BUT for that it's amazing! When I had acne I loved this product, but now it's just too much.

on 4/3/2017 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

It's not what I expected. It has a few little chunks in it, but they are not microbeads or rough exfoliating particles. Instead, they are soft, gentle, and non-abrasive, which is a change from must scrubs. Rather, it's the cream itself that exfoliates. It seems to heat up with water, and makes a burning sensation if it touches my lips or too close to instead my nose. It does make my skin feel exfoliated and clean without any rough scrubbing which is great, but I do not like the burning sensation on my lips, it freaks me out. Not sure whether I'd buy this again or not.

on 8/26/2016 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was really expensive for what it is. Thought it would help clear up pores/blackheads and help to keep skin clearer, unfortunately this is just a scrub.

It is thick and has a strong herbal/floral scent. The beads are slightly thick rice grains which help exfoliate.

My issue is I've used the St Ives apricot, grapefruit and oatmeal scrubs and like them better, not just because of their price. This seems way to expensive to do anything for the skin in such a short period of time.

I really regret purchasing this, because I could have used a chemical exfoliant instead, which is less harsh and does more.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

It's the best exfoliator ever compared to at least 20 other products that I'ved used.

I found Origins Modern Friction in 2008 when I visited New York for the first time. Since then I started using it. Over the years, I tried other brands for exfoliator, because Origins was not in China before 2010 and still doesn't have a flagship store in Australia now at the moment. I could only buy it now in China every time I go back (like once a year).

I love it's rice texture that won't hurt my face skin.

Other products that I tried will more or less make harsh friction.

The only problem of it is that it's to stingy for eyes, so I have to put it in the shower room and use it only once or twice a week.

on 12/28/2015 7:07:00 PM

I love this scrub! This is the only scrub which doesn't make my acne-prone skin break out - it's totally worth it.

This is definitely my go to scrub. I have combination skin that is sensitive. I love how I can use it on dry skin or wet skin. I usually wet my face first then apply a nickel size amount. After scrubbing it all over except for my eyes. I rinse it off with water. I love how my skin feels after. Its so soft. It sloughs off the dry skin on my face. I always have it on hand.

on 12/28/2015 11:47:00 AM

I'm almost finishing up my second tube of this and I love it! I have sensitive oily acne prone skin with lots of hyperpigmentation and this really helps smoothen out my skin. It feels a little harsh if you only have a thin layer..you're recommended to put a thick layer on..and that's the downside..it's not cheap! would repurchase though