Origins Modern Friction

Origins Modern Friction

3.8

Aqueous infusion; rosa damascena (rose) flower; oryza sativa (rice) starch; sodium laureth sulfate; glycerin; cocamide mea; flycol disterate; acylates copolymer; pentylene flycol; polysorbate 20; essential oils (olea); citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot); citrus limon (lemon); cucumis sativus (cucumber); cinnamomum camphora (shiu); litsea cubeba; citrus aurantium (petitgrain); ocimum basilicum (basil); citral; linalool; benzyl salicylate; limonene and mentha piperita (peppermint), aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice; scutellaria baicalensis; pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract; cucumis sativa (cucumber) fruit extract; textrahexyldecyl (vitamin C) ascorbate; butylene glycol; hexylene glycol; sodium cocate; caprylyl glycol; sodium sulfate; hydroxypropyl methylcellulose; sodium chloride; laureth-2; tetradibutyl pentaerithityl hydroxyhydrocinnamate; edta; disodium edta; trisodium hedta; methylchlorosothiazolinone; methylisothiazolinone; sodium benzoate; penoxyethanaol; titanium dioxide (ci 7789).

This is definitely my go to scrub. I have combination skin that is sensitive. I love how I can use it on dry skin or wet skin. I usually wet my face first then apply a nickel size amount. After scrubbing it all over except for my eyes. I rinse it off with water. I love how my skin feels after. Its so soft. It sloughs off the dry skin on my face. I always have it on hand.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

It's the best exfoliator ever compared to at least 20 other products that I'ved used.

I found Origins Modern Friction in 2008 when I visited New York for the first time. Since then I started using it. Over the years, I tried other brands for exfoliator, because Origins was not in China before 2010 and still doesn't have a flagship store in Australia now at the moment. I could only buy it now in China every time I go back (like once a year).

I love it's rice texture that won't hurt my face skin.

Other products that I tried will more or less make harsh friction.

The only problem of it is that it's to stingy for eyes, so I have to put it in the shower room and use it only once or twice a week.

To Read all 425 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/28/2015 7:07:00 PM

I love this scrub! This is the only scrub which doesn't make my acne-prone skin break out - it's totally worth it.

on 12/28/2015 11:47:00 AM

I'm almost finishing up my second tube of this and I love it! I have sensitive oily acne prone skin with lots of hyperpigmentation and this really helps smoothen out my skin. It feels a little harsh if you only have a thin layer..you're recommended to put a thick layer on..and that's the downside..it's not cheap! would repurchase though

Used alone, this was too harsh for me. but I've since found a use for it - mixed in with Origins Never A Dull Moment face polish, it gives me a gentle yet effective scrub and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Word of caution though, be careful not to get any of this product in your eyes, it stings real bad!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

SUPER gentle exfoliant. The "exfoliating" particles in this are random and scarce. It lathers rather nicely, it smells pleasant too, and it softens the face, but if you have very dry patches of skin and you're looking for real exfolation and 'dermabrasion', this might not make the cut for you.

on 4/24/2015 10:22:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

kind of harsh

on 3/19/2015 1:19:00 AM

I really like this exfoliator, I usually wash my face and remove all makeup and then dry it off with a towel. I like using this product when my face is semi-dry and really work it into my skin (I don't have sensitive skin and I do have a few dry patches/dry T-zone) so I need to remove all of the dead skin. Anyway, once the product is worked in I add water a little at a time, this helps turn it into a milky consistency and I exfoiate for a few more minutes after that.

The results after are great! my skin feels amazingly soft and clean and then I put Origins Clear improvement, Drink up intensive or Aesops Parsley seed mask depending on how my skin is doing and what I need. I really enjoy this product and it's definitely a part of my face routine.

on 2/18/2015 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I think this is a nice exfoliator. Probably one of my favorites, in fact. It's a viscous pasty sort of texture. It's so thick it's kind of hard to squeeze out of the tube. The scrubbing granules aren't super fine or grainy, they're right somewhere in between and as you scrub they seem to almost disappear. This scrub leaves the skin smooth and even, helping scrub off dry flakes without being drying. It's not as good as my favorite scrub, the Aveeno Skin Brightening Scrub, but it's definitely very effective. I use this two times a week, as I think any more would be too much for my skin but I can see people with less sensitive skin or oilier skin using it more often. I do have one issue though. Sometimes it stings like heck on the skin and if you get it in the eye, it burns like heck! But all in all, I say this is a great scrub and I recommend it.

Surprisingly this does feel like you had dermabrasion without any of the pain. This scrub goes on your face like a soft gummy cream. The large chunks don't bother me because they're more like soft rounded eraser bits that rub all over your face. Add more water as needed to build up a better lather and the chunks will disappear. After you're done, your face will be noticeably brighter, smoother, and everything you put on afterwards will feel more tingly, like your pores are wide open and everything you put on is just sinking into your face. I wouldn't use this more than twice a week though because it does feel like you just gently stripped off a layer of your skin afterwards. But if you're looking for an effective exfoliator, this one is pretty good. I just want to note that I have very dry sensitive skin and I've had no bad reactions to this scrub.