Origins Modern Friction

Origins Modern Friction

3.8

Aqueous infusion; rosa damascena (rose) flower; oryza sativa (rice) starch; sodium laureth sulfate; glycerin; cocamide mea; flycol disterate; acylates copolymer; pentylene flycol; polysorbate 20; essential oils (olea); citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot); citrus limon (lemon); cucumis sativus (cucumber); cinnamomum camphora (shiu); litsea cubeba; citrus aurantium (petitgrain); ocimum basilicum (basil); citral; linalool; benzyl salicylate; limonene and mentha piperita (peppermint), aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice; scutellaria baicalensis; pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract; cucumis sativa (cucumber) fruit extract; textrahexyldecyl (vitamin C) ascorbate; butylene glycol; hexylene glycol; sodium cocate; caprylyl glycol; sodium sulfate; hydroxypropyl methylcellulose; sodium chloride; laureth-2; tetradibutyl pentaerithityl hydroxyhydrocinnamate; edta; disodium edta; trisodium hedta; methylchlorosothiazolinone; methylisothiazolinone; sodium benzoate; penoxyethanaol; titanium dioxide (ci 7789).

on 9/18/2016 3:48:00 PM

It's so rough.. It is effective, but I feel like I am peeling my skin away. It stings as well if it gets into the nose area. It's definitely not suited for sensitive skin.. Honestly I'm not sure it's suited for anything but teenage acne prone skin - BUT for that it's amazing! When I had acne I loved this product, but now it's just too much.

on 8/26/2016 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was really expensive for what it is. Thought it would help clear up pores/blackheads and help to keep skin clearer, unfortunately this is just a scrub.

It is thick and has a strong herbal/floral scent. The beads are slightly thick rice grains which help exfoliate.

My issue is I've used the St Ives apricot, grapefruit and oatmeal scrubs and like them better, not just because of their price. This seems way to expensive to do anything for the skin in such a short period of time.

I really regret purchasing this, because I could have used a chemical exfoliant instead, which is less harsh and does more.

To Read all 427 Reviews, Login or Join

This is definitely my go to scrub. I have combination skin that is sensitive. I love how I can use it on dry skin or wet skin. I usually wet my face first then apply a nickel size amount. After scrubbing it all over except for my eyes. I rinse it off with water. I love how my skin feels after. Its so soft. It sloughs off the dry skin on my face. I always have it on hand.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

It's the best exfoliator ever compared to at least 20 other products that I'ved used.

I found Origins Modern Friction in 2008 when I visited New York for the first time. Since then I started using it. Over the years, I tried other brands for exfoliator, because Origins was not in China before 2010 and still doesn't have a flagship store in Australia now at the moment. I could only buy it now in China every time I go back (like once a year).

I love it's rice texture that won't hurt my face skin.

Other products that I tried will more or less make harsh friction.

The only problem of it is that it's to stingy for eyes, so I have to put it in the shower room and use it only once or twice a week.

on 12/28/2015 7:07:00 PM

I love this scrub! This is the only scrub which doesn't make my acne-prone skin break out - it's totally worth it.

on 12/28/2015 11:47:00 AM

I'm almost finishing up my second tube of this and I love it! I have sensitive oily acne prone skin with lots of hyperpigmentation and this really helps smoothen out my skin. It feels a little harsh if you only have a thin layer..you're recommended to put a thick layer on..and that's the downside..it's not cheap! would repurchase though

Used alone, this was too harsh for me. but I've since found a use for it - mixed in with Origins Never A Dull Moment face polish, it gives me a gentle yet effective scrub and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Word of caution though, be careful not to get any of this product in your eyes, it stings real bad!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

SUPER gentle exfoliant. The "exfoliating" particles in this are random and scarce. It lathers rather nicely, it smells pleasant too, and it softens the face, but if you have very dry patches of skin and you're looking for real exfolation and 'dermabrasion', this might not make the cut for you.

on 4/24/2015 10:22:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

kind of harsh

on 3/19/2015 1:19:00 AM

I really like this exfoliator, I usually wash my face and remove all makeup and then dry it off with a towel. I like using this product when my face is semi-dry and really work it into my skin (I don't have sensitive skin and I do have a few dry patches/dry T-zone) so I need to remove all of the dead skin. Anyway, once the product is worked in I add water a little at a time, this helps turn it into a milky consistency and I exfoiate for a few more minutes after that.

The results after are great! my skin feels amazingly soft and clean and then I put Origins Clear improvement, Drink up intensive or Aesops Parsley seed mask depending on how my skin is doing and what I need. I really enjoy this product and it's definitely a part of my face routine.