Rodan and Fields Calm Skin Care Line

No Image

3.5

on 11/2/2017 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I paid over $300 for the ReDefine skincare line along with the Active Hydration Serum & Eye Cream. The sales consultant asked me to sign up for the PC Perks program. She said I would save on 10% and get free shipping. What she failed to tell me was that, the PC Perks program would automatically ship you another batch in 3months under your account even if you didn't authorize it! Under the FINE PRINT of the PC Perks program, it entails the company to bill your credit card an automatic re-order every 3months! This set off red flags for me and right away was a huge turn-off with the product.

When I asked the consultant, she told me right away to "please do not un-enroll from the PC Perks program" but I felt that it was a very big ethical violation of my purchase agreement and rights as a customer. When she asked me to pay $25 for the program, to get free shipping and 10% off, she only communicated with me AFTERWARDS that there is an "automatic re-order" on my account to get product replenishment's. This would allow the company to bill your credit card automatically every 3months. I DID NOT SIGN UP TO BE BILLED 4x a YEAR AT $300 ($1200 ANNUAL) WITHOUT MY CONSENT!!! This is a very sneaky marketing tactic from the company to keep customers paying into their overpriced products. I was disturbed to figure this out and had to call the customer service line to cancel the automatic re-orders to my credit card, because the sales consultant would NOT withdraw me from the program even though I asked.

I would not recommend this brand to anyone. It's unethical and not worth wasting the time and money!

on 8/26/2017 5:14:00 PM

I have read the reviews posted about R&F, and feel the need to point out that some of the results people say they DID NOT achieve appear to be because the products were not used appropriately. Perhaps they were, perhaps not. I am 67 years old, I smoke, I drink alcohol, I live in a desert. Skincare has NEVER been on my priority list, but looks have. I have been using the first step, SOOTHE for 4 months. The improvement in my skin has generated comments, one from a friend who is a professional make-up artist. I am moving now on to REDEFINE. I shall see where this takes me.
Here are the facts, ladies. A regimen is a twice daily commitment. It is a commitment to the entire process and associated procedures. My regimen takes 2 mins 2 times a day. I exfoliate (with R&F scrub) 2-5 times a week. I follow the steps explained to me by my FABULOUS representative. (Some of you have gotten really bad reps, and I am sorry for you.)

These products, so far, work. When I complete phase two, I will post again letting you know how well it did, or didn't work. Right now I can state without any equivocation that my pores a definitely smaller (almost unnoticeable), my skin is softer, smoother, calmer, more radiant. Now that all the years of abuse have been "soothed", I enter into the firm up and redefine stage. And to be honest, based on what I have seen (and been promised) so far, I have few doubts at all.

At 67 priorities change. I will never be young again, but I sure am looking good for an "older" woman!

on 3/14/2006 4:48:00 AM

I've been using the Unblemish line for about a month now and have to say - it's worth the money. I'm 29, with classic t-zone oiliness and sensitive/easily reddened pale skin. My acne is hormonal and a couple times a year I get a nasty cyst or two. While this system hasn't headed off all of my monthly breakouts - it seems to definitely be keeping things under control. My skin honestly looks better, clearer, than it has in a long long time. And everyone's comments are true - the bp formulation really is fantastic, and yes, the cleanser runs out before anything else does. One of the travel kits lasted me a month though - so at $45 for 3 products for one month, that's not too too bad. I have noticed a little dryness, but what i've done is only use the system at night (just a good splash of water in the AM is enough for me) and I make sure to moisturize. All in all, I'm really happy with the system as a whole! For the moment - as close to an HG as my difficult skin is going to let me get!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i'm still not sure about this stuff. i've been using it for about 7 or 8 weeks, and my skin seems to go through this cycle where it looks very bad for a few days, and then over the course of about 2 weeks it clears up. for about a day my skin will look really good, almost perfect, and then i'll wake up the next with 10 huge new pimples. it's all very strange, which is why i'm not sure. i'm 15 years old, so of course i'm going to have a pimple every once in a while. but if i'm using an $85 skincare system, should they really be a constant condition? i suppose i would recommend it, it might work more efficiently for others than it has for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I am a huge makeup and skincare snob. So much so that I started getting fed up with the skincare products on the market and started making my own. Not just organic make at home type but skincare with actives, peptides, niaciamine and collegian. My girlfriend who never really had the greatest skin bought the Reverse line and I could see a change after 2-3 weeks. I decided to buy and OMG I LOVED it. I am not that surprised though because it is from the same two ladies that created ProActive and for as much crap as they got for being an infomercial it was the quality of their product and word of mouth that made it was it is today. I will say though that the daytime lotion is a little thin and if you are in a cold dry climate you might have to add some of the night cream to make it richer. Anyhoo- I love this line so much I became a consultant.

I began the soothe/calm line of Rodan & Fields at the beginning of winter. I usually have no problems with dryness or oiliness, but in the winter my skin gets pretty dry and flaky. In anticipation of this, I began using this line. It burned immediately after application, but I wanted to believe that it would work based on the price. NOPE. totally f***ed my skin up. I used it for a total of about one month, and my skin never got better. It never felt normal when I applied it. It made my skin look extremely oily. I honestly have a deep hate for Rodan & Fields now. The whole company is a pyramid scheme for buying and selling product - shitty product at that. Yuck. I would STRONGLY advise anyone to NEVER buy any Rodan & Fields product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used to use proactiv untill it sorta stoped working for me:( well....... i decided to give this skincare line a try and i'm very glad i did!!!! :) this is very effective towards my stubborn blemished skin and i found it not too irratating i always use a good moisturizer afterward. overall i'm pleased with this line,it's very good :)

on 2/10/2006 2:37:00 PM

I've been using the Unblemish (formerly Calm) system for the past 5 weeks, and I must say that it has made a difference in my skin. I've had acne problems since around the age of 12. I am now 42. I've done a course of Accutane and still use Retin-A Micro to keep the acne under control. I've also tried a multitude of other acne products, but they always seem to irritate my skin and cause more breakouts, since the Accutane. At night I use MAC Cleanse Off Oil, Clinique DDM Gel and the Retin-A Micro. I use the Unblemish system in the mornings and my acne has calmed down even more. I'm hoping, with continued use, that the acne will totally clear up. The texture of my skin has also improved. I will update again after I've been on it a little longer, but I'm quite pleased with the improvement I've seen in 5 weeks, and will continue to purchase. It is quite expensive ($85 for the full-size kit), but I think it will last me 4 to 5 months using it once a day. I initially bought the travel sizes (all 1 oz. each), and I just ran out of the cleanser after 4 weeks. I think I'll run out of the toner this week, and the BP lotion should last another 2-3 weeks. So, the full size products should last much longer. When you figure the price that way, it's really not so expensive considering all the money I've spent on other products that I had to quit using and never returned.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using the Unblemish line (formally CALM) for a little over three weeks now and I can't say enough good things about it (except the high price tag, of course!). Let me start off by saying that my skin is a weird combination of oily, dry & sensitive -- not a great combination to say the least and especially so since I'm in my mid-tirties and starting to see a few lines. I've tried just about everything out there and I've either gotten zero results, or only one of my "ailments" covered. Products that combat oilyness, dry out and irritate my skin, products that are hydrating leave my skin oily and acne-prone (although I don't have even moderate acne, I am prone to break-outs from time to time and have always seemed to be sporting a zit or two at any given moment).

Once I began using the unblemish line, I started noticing a difference *almost* immediately. I followed the directions implicitly -- used every other day for the first week, then daily thereafter. I only use at night, since I don't have to use more often and I have to say my skin looks pretty fabulous! Neither oily, nor dry (which is a miracle since I live in Minnesota and it's bitterly cold in the winter!) and not even remotely irritated.

Thumbs-up for me -- despite the sticker shock.

on 12/5/2005 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

note: This line is now called Unblemished. This line contains three products: A sulfur cleanser, a toner, and a benzoyl peroxide lotion. Overall, this is an excellent product that delivers in it's claims. It only takes a couple of days to see a difference. I had tried Proactiv before, which was also effective, however the cleanser contained exfoliating beads, and I really do not feel that it is a good idea to subject your skin to that much manual exfoliation. The cleanser is purple which is fun, but you must make you sure you gently massage into skin at least 1-2 minutes. Most cleansers with certain active ingredients are a moot point because you simply wash away the ingredient, right down the sink before it has a chance to effect any result on the skin, so do not get lazy. The toner smells pleasant, and does not sting whatsoever. Finally it is my opinion that both the Proactiv and the Unblemished benzoyl peroxide lotions are the best on the market. They are not drying (or at least minimally, an unpleasant side effect of this ingredient) I did not experience any dryness even in the winter months. They are creamy and feel more luxuriant on the skin than other drugstore or department store comparisons. I like the simplistic packaging, very easy for travel. I gave this product 4 lippies, simply because I think the price is a little inflated. Please note, this is a very effective product that I feel would address almost everyone's acne concerns, it will provide reliably clear skin. I just feel that the products are not so special as deserving a $90 price tag (especially for the small quantities) I would suggest maybe only using this once a day (for me I use it at night) as this will save you money, and I find it to be just as effective. I bought mine in the beginning of October and I am still running strong with a little under half of my product left in the second week of December. I would continue to buy as long as my acne concerns exist, I just feel that the price should be lowered, however it is arguable that consistent beautiful, clear skin is worth any price, I would happen to agree!

Popular Face Skincare Products