Maybelline Makeup Remover Eye & Lip

Maybelline Makeup Remover Eye & Lip

3.3

Water, cyclopentasiloxane, isohexadecane, isopropyl palmitate, panthenol, poloxamer 184, dipotassium phosphate, potassium phosphate, green 6, sodium chloride, polyaminopropyl biguanide

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

By far one of the best makeup removers I've ever used.

If you are one of my beloved followers, you would have came across my reviews on some products and how I gave some of the makeups bad feedbacks not because I don't like the finished look, but because they irritate my skin. However, this product has not irritated my skin, but there are still some flaws.

1. Packaging : 4/5
I don't know what I'd expect from a drug-store makeup remover. Personally, I would rather have them increase the price, but fill the product in a pump-bottle than this sort of bottle. The reason for being, when I pore it on a cotton pad, the product leaks.

2. Scent : 5/5
Long story short: this thing is scentless to me, or even if there is any, it is really light!

3. Effective : 4/5
Normally, I would wear mascara, concealer, taupe eyeshadow, translucent powder, and eyebrow gel out, and it'd take about 2-3 pads of the product to thoroughly clean my skin. However on some days I feel like I wanna be on extra FLEEK, it'd add on CC cream, and primer, which will take about 4-6 pads. Is it effective? For me, I would consider this quite effective, because I am kind of a product waster, and I like to go a mile further just to guarantee that my skin is squeaky clean.

4. Is it suitable for sensitive skin? : YEAH!
If ya don't scrub too hard nor soak your skin with an immense amount of product, I'd say you won't get any burn and irritation. For me, I like to rest the pads on my eyes for about 10 seconds, before GENTLY wipe the makeup off. As for the remaining area of my face, I would just gently dab and swipe around.

5. After effect: 4/5
After using the remover, your skin might feel a bit greasy because of the ingredients (if I'm correct, it is oil-based to maintain skin's level of moisture). It generally takes 2-3 water (you know, like 2-3 times of ya rinsing your face with soap) to clean off all the grease.

Pros:
+ Cheap
+ Easy to find (usually available in all drugstores with Maybelline)
+ Suitable for sensitive skin
+ Cleans off 99% of makeup
+ Scentless

Cons:
- The bottle isn't so convenient

ADDITION: My skin routine for after care
Since I have sensitive skin, my routine is based on my skin type!!
1. Wash face thoroughly, and dab dry.
2. Spray with face mist and leave for 1 minute - I use thermal water by Avene :)
3. Dab on toner, and pat dry - I use Avene gentle toner
4. Apply oil or skin lotion - I use La Mer concentrate
5. Roll on eye cream - I use La Mer concentrated eye cream
6. Massage and pat moisturizer on - I use Creme De La Mer
7. Finish off with lip balm - I use La Mer lip balm

I hope my review helps ya, and I'm sorry if my review doesn't :/ BUT THIS IS BASED ON MY SKIN, YOURS WILL REACT SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT! Have a good day <3 xoxo, take care fellas

on 6/12/2016 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely dislike this product. They might as well package nothing but water. It does not remove eyeliner or mascara - the best it will do is remove a little but of eyeshadow. I tried it for 3 weeks and end up with the same result. The mascara i use is not even waterproof but this product cannot take it off. I paid $5 for it but it is not even worth $2. It does not serve it's purpose AT ALL. Will not recommend or repurchase. In fact I am going to throw away the one i currently have

Bottom line: EXTREME disappointment

on 1/1/2016 5:19:00 AM

This stuff is terrible. Neutrogena make a far better eye make up remover for the same price point. This stuff. I swear a wet face cloth is far more effective. Plain old baby oil is more effective than this stuff, actually this would be the worst performing eye make up remover I've ever used. Its a shocker.

I've tried wetting a cotton round and soaking my eyes.....and it still drags and gets very little product off.

I picked this up on special at priceline, didn't pay a lot for it but can see why it was on clearance. Total waste of money. Stay away. if you have no money and want a make up remover, use water from the tap on a face washer as that will perform better than this product.

I always avoided waterproof mascaras (and avoided normal mascara whenever possible) because I hated having to try scrub it off at the end of the day. But this stuff is my saviour. If you soak your cotton ball with this stuff, all eye make up is a breeze to take off. And it's so cheap!

on 5/16/2015 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

YES they are super good (I tried on different products and this is still my best this far)
But a little too much for the price.($4-$5 in Asia for the medium size.. I use alot so that they run out easily, thats why I feel like soo expensiveeeee) They remove my lipstick n eyeshadow easily but not my mascara n eyeliner ( I have to swatch several times even for Maybelline mascara ) xD..~

on 10/5/2014 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

The BEST eye make up remover ever! Removes waterproof mascara and eyeliner such as Benefit's they're real push up liner, very easily and most importantly, does not sting at all. Comes in a small plastic bottle - convenient for travelling, and is cheap. I've been using this for years and I keep on coming back to it. In the recent past I've bought 2 other brands (because I couldn't get my hands on this one) only to be disappointed because it stings and/or it didn't remove my mascara easily. Had to discontinue using those removers because the performance was so poor. Honestly girls, this is the best stuff. Shake it up to mix the blue oily substance with the bottom liquid, soak your cotton pad and place on your eyes for a few seconds and then wipe clean. Repeat as necessary.

on 3/29/2014 10:16:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I was a pretty upset when my HG 'botanics eyes and lips make up remover' got reformulated.(I also reviewed it) I was no longer satisfied with its quality.
That's why I needed a new eyes makeup remover and I ran into this.

I must say I've found the replacement. This maybelline product dose remove persistent waterproof eye makeup with ease. It doesn't cause any burning or irritation. That's all i ask for an eye makeup remover. I never mind about thin oily residue because I always double clean after and this one is minimal.

The packaging is convenient and spilled-free.
It is cheap and widely available.

I could certainly see myself buying 2nd 3rd bottle of these in the future.

Method of application
Soak cotton pads with the product
Place on my eyelids with light pressure and wait for 30 secs
Move pads side to side very few bit, don't rub
Make up comes off:)

on 6/26/2013 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was first introduced to this product by my mother, who has been using it for as long as I can remember. I use this product for my entire face, not just my eyes and lips, and it works like a dream. I use it to remove my waterproof tinted sunblock, waterproof mascara, etc. and it takes everything right off. What I especially like is that there is no oily residue left behind, and you do not need to wash your face afterwards: The perfect makeup remover after a hard night of clubbing where you just want to take off your makeup and jump into bed! I will definitely repurchase till I find something that works better, but I have been using this product for more than ten years now!

on 8/31/2012 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

afterall, this is the remover i've been using for as long as i can remember..i like it because its so effective to take down all the make up include for the waterproof make-up kind..
but i don't like the greasy oily after-effect and taking enough time to skin to absorb it..

on 12/27/2010 1:50:00 AM

I'm kind of surprised at how much uncritical reviews this product has been gathering.

See, this product can be tricky to use so with a bit less fussing, following directions well, and more research on how cost-effective products doesn't necessarily equate to product performance of other brands, it could be understood that this is a pretty decent eye and lip makeup remover.

First of all, this eye and lip makeup remover is obviously two-phased, and the clear plastic bottle packaging of this product could attest to it. There's this blue phase in the upper layer and the clear water-like phase in the lower layer. Saying so, it is expected that this has oil, otherwise it would not be two-phased. Complaining that this had a greasy after-feel is non-mandatory unless having no knowledge about oil.

Second, in order to make this product work, the directions should be carefully understood, unless neglect to read it properly with the haste to try the product at once. Again, this makeup remover is two-phased so one needs to shake the whole thing up in order to make the two layers of liquid into one solution. While the two layers of liquid is still mixed, that's the time the liquid is poured GENEROUSLY in the cotton pad. And as with any other eye makeup remover that uses an almost-soaked cotton pad, the cotton pad is placed on the area with eye makeup for a few second in order to really break down the mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadows, what have you.

There's really no need for lethal tugging and pulling in order for this product work. If wearing heavier eye makeup, two more rounds would be enough. It all really depends on how one uses it not just on eye makeup but on lip makeup as well.

I have no downside to this because the awesome price, having the option to choose from the different bottle sizes, the gentleness, and the effectiveness of the product is too much to make room for any.