benefit Cosmetics Show Offs in Mint Julep [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

I really like this product, although it took some getting used to. I couldn't get it to show up very well on my eyes, but eventually I put a tiny bit in the lid with a drop of water and mixed it up before applying to my lid. WOW! Just a little bit of water really transforms the Show Offs from a shimmery sheer powder into a great 2-toned metallic look. Not something I can pull off everyday, but definitely worth keeping around for special occasions.

on 12/11/2007 11:30:00 PM

PRETTY COLOR, NOT TO BOLD BUT BOLD ENOUGH TO MAKE A STATEMENT. THE GREENISH TEAL MIXED WITH A GOLDEN COLOR BLENDS TOGETHER QUITE NICELY. THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE THAT WHEN I RUN OUT, I MAY BUY IT AGAIN.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This was my first high-end makeup purchase and have never regretted it! I have this, lola, pistachio, and bambi. If applied w/ a base it'll last just like a MAC pigment. Yes there's less..but for some pple this is easier to get than other highend makeup. THey're all awesome, IMHO for drama apply wet! just gorgeous.

on 9/7/2005 5:04:00 PM

I lusted after this color for the longest time and finally I just broke down and bought it for myself. It is indeed a lovely gold-green. The gold keeps it from looks crazy and/ or skanky. It blends well with other colors like brown and tan. It looks amazing wet. I do wish the color stayed put a little better though. My only real complaints: there is too little product for the $14 price tag and the packaging leaves something to be desired. It IS better than the old show-offs packaging but sheesh... how hard would it be to put in a pot with a little filter to protect from spills? Sigh... the things we put up with in the name of fashion and beauty!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a teal & gold shimmer dust. I usually use a neutral brown crease shadow and then dust this over the rest of my lid. I don't know how it works without a base--I've always used Benefit f.y.eye with it. I've found that the best way to load up your brush is to tip it upside down (turn it rightside up) and then use the dust inside half the cap for each eye. This color would look good on anyone, if applied with complementary tones.

on 4/14/2005 3:16:00 AM

Mint Julep, looks green, but matches every hue I wear: when you wear gray, looks gray! when green, looks green! when wearing aqua, looks aqua! when wearing blue, looks blue! awesome!

The only down side, is the packaging, they give you sooo much, but if you're clumsy like me, then you'd be wasting it!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is such a pretty mint green with gold sparkles! Very sparkly and shimmery! You will need a base with this for it to stick. My only problem that it only comes with a little for $14

This is one of my favorite eye shadows (although BeneFit does say you can use it anywhere, Mint Julep would look best as an eyeshadow). This is a tealish bluish green color that has golden shimmer laced through it. I love wearing it in my crease, with other blue or green eyeshadows for a sparkly, mermaidy eye effect. It can also be used as a wash over another eye color, or by itself. As with loose e/s, the staying power isn't the best, but for such a delicious color, I will deal. It also lasts longer wet or with a base. I have really dark brown eyes, and am a GGG, but I can see this looking gorgeous on everyone from PPP-DDDs!! Excellent purchase, and my only real gripe is with the pot it comes in. Definitely would repurchase!