Biosilk Silk Therapy

Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Eugenol.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Smells good, works well. Is on the thicker side of serums which is kind of annoying. Not sure if it gives me that much shine, but makes my hair manageable and smooth.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used to use this quite often (until I started cutting down on silicones in haircare and skincare products) as this would make my hair feel exceptionally soft and managebale. I would use a small amount on towel dried hair, right before blow drying and actually never minded the floral fragrance as it disappeared fairly quickly. The 'feel good factor' of Biosilk could have been partly down to the couple of beneficial ingredients in the formulation, namely: Panthenol (a derivative of Vitamin B5) and hydrolyzed silk. Or it could have just been the good old silicones. Or a combination of both! Nevertheless I only use this on the rare occasion now, not as frequently as I used to.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have used this for nearly 20 years, so I think a review is in order. First off, oils are now a thing, but when this came out there was nothing much else like it. I remember being wowed by the results so many years ago and my stylist saying "it's the best in the industry." So what does it do? Well it really does soften, silken and detangle. I have long, chemically treated hair that is increasingly prone to tangling after washing. I apply about a quarter size blob evenly through my hair (avoiding the roots) and voila! Zero breakage and much softer hair. You can use a small amount applied to dry hair to prevent fly-aways as well. As someone who doesn't wash their hair everyday I can say this really does leave minimal residue/build-up. Other oils seem to compare well on the detangling, softening front, but usually very quickly my hair feels heavy and weighted. I have tried the MoroccanOil Argon Oil and found that Biosilk put it to shame (MoroccanOil left my hair heavy and dirty feeling). Same with various other oils from brands ranging from Aveda to Sally Beauty generics. Anyway, this used to have more of an "exclusive" feel, but now I routinely find it for a song at TJMaxx. I think it's even sold at Walmart, which is kind of funny because it used to be such a big deal. Honestly I could live without the scent. It's a light floral smell that does fade quickly, but I just don't like florals. The scent is gone almost immediately though. Packaging is not great for travel, but otherwise it's fine. I recommend this over all hair oils, high-end to budget.

Smells beyond beautiful! It doesn’t darken my platinum hair and helps keep it strong/shiny.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Last week I had my hair done...My hair stylist Rosemary put BioSilk on my towel dried damp hair...When my hair was dry & straightened I was so pleased...My hair was soft & shiny...I bought it that day...So Happy to have my BioSilk...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This product isn't meant to make your hair healthier long term. However, in the short-term, it does an excellent job of making my hair soft. Pretty much makes you think your hair is healthy. It does have a generic hair product scent which it could do without though. I don't use this when I blow out my hair bc it doesn't give me the volume that I need. However when I leave my hair curly I apply this before any of my other curling products, gives me the perfect amount of softness and definition I need.

I like biosilk. I use it on towel dried hair. Then I blow dry and flat iron it. I feel like it helps my flat iron glide more easily through my hair. Hopefully it is giving it protection too.
It smells very nice:)

All time favorite! Great smell

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of my Holy Grail products! I have fine (but lots of it), short hair (pixie cut style). I use this after blowdrying to get all of the fly-aways laying down nicely. It doesn't weigh my hair down, or make it look greasy & a little goes a long way.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I am mixed and this stuff does great with my hair when I have it curly and it lays it down great and makes it silky (My hair is not as poofy though I had a relaxer)