Biosilk Silk Therapy

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40-B, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance)Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Gamma Methyl Ionone, Citronellol, Lilial, Hydroxy Citronellol, Geraniol, Eugenol. Silk Therapy Lite: Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenyl Trimethicone,C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Fragrance (Parfum),Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, GeraniolHydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Pricey but worth it! If you straighten your hair, you NEED THIS!!! A few drops go a long ways. This is great if you have colored or treated hair. Needs a better cap since it's very light in consistency and if it tips over, it will just spew everywhere!

Very hydrating on my hair and did what I expected to a certain degree. Definitely not the best but it is high quality. slightly pricey but I didn't really mind. Took my hair from damaged to somewhat conditioned in a matter of a week.

To Read all 1502 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Biosilk Skin Therapy worked pretty darn well for me. My hair can be a MESS after a beach trip and this had my hair looking supple and beautiful within 3 days after my bahamas trip last summer.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Consistently makes my hair silky soft and feeling salon fresh. Not a fan of salon scent but it's not horrible either. Keeps my hair frizz free.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

GREAT PRODUCT!

My best friend got me hooked onto this a couple years back and I haven't looked back ever since. I just smooth a little bit on after my hair's dried.. comes in really handy to tame split ends when i can't get to the salon right away.

This lasts amazing long!

I love this stuff. It smells incredible, it feels incredible on my hair and *bonus* on my skin too. I'd buy it by the gallon of I could.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

What a disappointment this product was. Made my dry coloured hair feel even drier and definitely didn't add any shine to it. Not sure what I was expecting seeing as alcohol is quite high up on the ingredient list. Think I will just stick to hair oils for the time being.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I remember when silicone serums first hit the market and everyone went bananas over this. Being completely honest, the hydrolyzed silk esters in this is a nice touch; but the formula really isn't anything ground breaking. Today there are TONS of silicone serums to choose from, even at a walmart pricepoint. Biosilk did not evolve much.

The silicone in this acts as an occlusive agent, so you should always apply it to slightly damp hair. That means it can either lock moisture in - or lock moisture out. It builds a protective barrier around the hair. That's also how silicone provides heat protection. Your flat iron should ideally never have 100% contact with the hair shafts.

Silicone serums are a simple concept with simple ingredients, you really should not have to pay much. Here is an ingredient list: Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Eugenol.

One big con I will note is the smell of this. I'm surprised the company never tried to disguise it. Silk Therapy smells like burning rubber. And another gripe I have is the high alcohol content. Alcohol denat is not a fatty alcohol, so it's drying. I'd rather not apply this to my hair long term.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this stuff. My friend gave it to me as a gift and honestly I just love the smell! It smells fancy and clean. I love using it either on damp hair or after I'm done styling it.

After reading all the rave reviews from you lovely lot I purchased a small sample bottle of this to test it out. At first I applied it to dry hair, from roots to ends as instructed on the packaging, but felt it weighed my fine hair down and made it greasy. But it was when I applied it to wet, freshly shampooed hair that I really saw the difference. Once dry, my hair was super soft and untangled. Have been lending this to friends to try. Worth the money!

Popular Hair Treatments