Biosilk Silk Therapy

Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Eugenol.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have used this for nearly 20 years, so I think a review is in order. First off, oils are now a thing, but when this came out there was nothing much else like it. I remember being wowed by the results so many years ago and my stylist saying "it's the best in the industry." So what does it do? Well it really does soften, silken and detangle. I have long, chemically treated hair that is increasingly prone to tangling after washing. I apply about a quarter size blob evenly through my hair (avoiding the roots) and voila! Zero breakage and much softer hair. You can use a small amount applied to dry hair to prevent fly-aways as well. As someone who doesn't wash their hair everyday I can say this really does leave minimal residue/build-up. Other oils seem to compare well on the detangling, softening front, but usually very quickly my hair feels heavy and weighted. I have tried the MoroccanOil Argon Oil and found that Biosilk put it to shame (MoroccanOil left my hair heavy and dirty feeling). Same with various other oils from brands ranging from Aveda to Sally Beauty generics. Anyway, this used to have more of an "exclusive" feel, but now I routinely find it for a song at TJMaxx. I think it's even sold at Walmart, which is kind of funny because it used to be such a big deal. Honestly I could live without the scent. It's a light floral smell that does fade quickly, but I just don't like florals. The scent is gone almost immediately though. Packaging is not great for travel, but otherwise it's fine. I recommend this over all hair oils, high-end to budget.

Smells beyond beautiful! It doesn’t darken my platinum hair and helps keep it strong/shiny.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Last week I had my hair done...My hair stylist Rosemary put BioSilk on my towel dried damp hair...When my hair was dry & straightened I was so pleased...My hair was soft & shiny...I bought it that day...So Happy to have my BioSilk...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This product isn't meant to make your hair healthier long term. However, in the short-term, it does an excellent job of making my hair soft. Pretty much makes you think your hair is healthy. It does have a generic hair product scent which it could do without though. I don't use this when I blow out my hair bc it doesn't give me the volume that I need. However when I leave my hair curly I apply this before any of my other curling products, gives me the perfect amount of softness and definition I need.

I like biosilk. I use it on towel dried hair. Then I blow dry and flat iron it. I feel like it helps my flat iron glide more easily through my hair. Hopefully it is giving it protection too.
It smells very nice:)

All time favorite! Great smell

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of my Holy Grail products! I have fine (but lots of it), short hair (pixie cut style). I use this after blowdrying to get all of the fly-aways laying down nicely. It doesn't weigh my hair down, or make it look greasy & a little goes a long way.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I am mixed and this stuff does great with my hair when I have it curly and it lays it down great and makes it silky (My hair is not as poofy though I had a relaxer)

This has been a mainstay for me for over 20 years. You just can't beat a classic. Biosilk keeps my hair smooth, shiny, and healthy. I switched to Moroccanoil for a while but Biosilk works well and is much more affordable.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

My hair always needs a leave-in conditioning product because I have naturally kinky/corkscrew hair. I keep it short because it is also VERY thick and simply takes too much shampoo and all types of products to maintain it, otherwise. I ran out of my usual stuff (Soft & Beautiful Botanicals Ultra Nourishing Lite Creme Moisturizer), and decided to try this.

I really like it. Before my first use, I washed and towel-dried my hair. I put a little bit of the product in my palm, rubbed my hands together, and then massaged my scalp and hair for a few minutes. I left my hair alone for about 20 minutes (without combing, etc.) and then began to feel about to see if there was any oily residue...NONE at all! WOW! Now, I'm really impressed.

My hair certainly feels like silk, and it's nicely conditioned. (p.s., I don't use traditional conditioners on my hair when I wash it, and I use VERY basic, paraben-free, shampoos).

I think this product is best used after washing your hair in the morning because of the oils. If used before bed, you may be taking chances at staining your pillowcases, etc.

PRICE: I cannot remember how much a I paid for the product, but I bought it at WINNERS, so I'm assuming that I didn't pay too much for it.

PACKAGING: I would much rather a screw cap, which then uncovers a "pin hole" cover on the top of the bottle (similar to what I often see on nail polish remover bottles). It would be great if I could better control the amount that comes out into the palm of my hand.

I would definitely buy this product again! I like how my hair feels, my kinks and corkscrews look well-groomed with no dry fly-aways or frizz! YIPEE!