Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Replenishing Moisturizer

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Replenishing Moisturizer

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (water-binding agent), Glycereth-26 (thickener), Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil (non-volatile plant oil), Cetyl Alcohol (thickener), Cyclopentasiloxane (skin-conditioning agent), Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate (thickeners), Glycerin (water-binding agent), Cyclohexasiloxane (skin-conditioning agent), Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-3 (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (water-binding agent), Tocopheryl Linoleate, Tocopheryl Acetate (antioxidant/vitamin E), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (antioxidant/vitamin C), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (licorice-derived anti-irritant), Sodium PCA (water-binding agent), Panthenol (soothing agent), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant/soothing agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (antioxidant/vitamin C), Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate (antioxidant), Saccharide Isomerate, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate (skin-conditioning agents), Hydroxypropyl Guar (gel-based thickener), Propylene Glycol (slip agent), Allantoin (anti-irritant), Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) Fruit Oil (non-volatile plant oil), Dimethicone, Simethicone (silicone slip agents), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose (thickener), Carbomer (gel-based thickener), Sodium Citrate, Triethanolamine (pH adjusters), Trisodium EDTA (chelating agent), Batyl Alcohol (stabilizer), Benzoic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol (all preservatives).

on 6/23/2016 8:42:00 AM

I never thought I'd find a better moisturizer then Dermalogicas Skin Smoothing Cream, but here it is. I don't see the need to ever replacing it, as it fulfills all the needs my sensitive, dry, flaky and redness-prone skin has. The only negative thing is the somewhat high price, but you truly get what you pay for.

on 4/30/2016 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pros : Goes On Smoothly, Smells Great
Cons : Not Long-Lasting, Irritating
Best Uses : Daily Use, Dry/Chapped Skin

I have extreme combo skin with dry patches on my cheeks and an oily T-zone. At night, I need a good moisturizer to bring my cheeks into balance. My criteria are: no petrolatum or mineral oil, fragrance-free, non-irritating, must last all night.

Most of PCs emollient night creams meet my first 3 criteria, but I've been having a heck of a time finding one that lasts through the night. Unfortunately, Skin Recovery Moisturizer was one that lacked longevity on my skin, even when liberally applied.

The product is a white cream with an inoffensive scent. It is very rich, slightly stiff in consistency, but spreads easily. When first applied, it feels very soothing and moisturizing. Halfway though the night, I can feel that it has started to "fade" in terms of keeping my cheeks hydrated. By the morning, my cheeks feel dry and tight, and slightly irritated. I get much better results with drugstore creams such as CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream or Cetaphil Eczema Calming Body Moisturizer.

To Read all 157 Reviews, Login or Join

I'm a recent convert to the Paula's Choice line, but PC products are quickly becoming staples in my routine.

My regular moisturizer is Cerave PM, which works great for me. However, I've found that in the winter my skin gets extra dry, especially as I get older. :( I wanted a thicker, heavier moisturizer for the winter months so I ordered some samples of this product. (Side note: I love that PC offers samples of everything. This makes life so much easier for those of us with sensitive skin.)

I loved the samples so I ordered a full size bottle. I have to admit I am not thrilled about the $28 price tag. I guess that's not a lot compared to dept store skincare, but I have been using Cerave for a while and this is more than double the cost. However, I would say it's worth the price.

It is heavy, thick, and very moisturizing without leaving me feeling greasy. It is unscented which is a MUST for me. I usually apply about a quarter size amount after cleansing my face at night. Sometimes I will put it over one of the AHA or BHA liquids/gels from PC that I'm currently sampling, sometimes I just use it on its own.

I've been using it for 2 months now with no breakouts or irritation. My skin is looking hydrated and supple and I think this product has a lot to do with that. I use it every night.

I do live in a dry climate, so it might be too heavy for those of you who live in a humid climate. If you are oily it would probably be too much, but for dry or dry-leaning combo it is perfect.

It's probably too heavy to use in the morning under makeup, so I've actually been using Cerave PM for that. But as a night cream it's awesome, and I plan to buy more when I run out.

As far as the packaging I would prefer a pump, but that's really the only change I would suggest.

Overall this is a good quality moisturizer for dry skin. I highly recommend trying out some samples to see if it works as well for you as it does for me!

It doesn't look like my review posted, so I'll write a quick summary. I just tried a sample of this lotion, which I purchased from her website. The smell made me gag and made me incredibly nauseous. I immediately washed it off, but this was difficult due to the thick consistency. I used a fragrant scrub from Lush to scrub off the residue and top layer of my skin. I applied my usual lotion (clinique), and put a dot of perfume on my nose. However, the memory of the scent is ingrained in my mind and I am so sick right now. It actually had a nice texture and if it weren't for the abysmal smell, it would have been a winner. But obviously that's moot now. I do like Paula's eye cream and a couple of the cleansers. But I am literally so sick to my stomach right now from this and am miserable. I strongly recommend not purchasing.

I've re-purchased this cream twice, and use it as a day cream. It's sold as a night cream and also could be used as an eye cream, but I find it too light for both. It's a great primer that I use alone under my powder foundation. It really gets into every nook and cranny and gives your skin a really smooth finish. The texture is velvety and dries to a matte finish. I also love that it doesn't irritate my eye area so I feel confident putting this everywhere. Is this one of those HG, saves your skin type of miracle product? No, but I do love how smooth it makes my makeup look.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Paula has got some nerve criticising products when she rolls out truly awful stuff from her own line. This product turned my skin into sandpaper. Oddly enough, my skin wasn't dry- just getting rougher and rougher by the day. It got to the point whereby people around me started noticing and commenting that my skin had seen better days and asking me if I was getting enough sleep (which I was)! I only used this product for 2 weeks and am not going to continue ever again.

on 2/22/2016 12:04:00 AM

I was having minor dryness issue to parts of my face due to winter. My sister had given me this product a while ago and I thought why not try this product. It worked. I also like it because it didn't leave my skin greasy. It just resolved the minor dryness I was having.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have a hard time finding moisturizers that work for my dry, yet very acne prone skin, but this one is really great! It doesn't break me out, and it leaves my dry skin feeling comfortable. It's quite balmy in texture, so probably not for anyone with oily skin. It sinks into the skin nicely and I don't feel sticky or tacky for long. It has a fair amount of glycerin so I imagine this would work well as a makeup primer too, I just haven't been wearing enough makeup lately to tell. I don't know that this is HG, but it's up there and I definitely plan on repurchasing it when I run out!

on 7/22/2015 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a great moisturizer. I use it nightly with my vitamin C serum. :) I helps with redness and makes my skin very comfortable and calm. It especially helps with Tazorac dryness and and exfoilants BHA and AHA's. Restores my skin to looking great!

on 6/18/2015 2:29:00 PM

I bought a sample of this. It was recommended as an eye cream, since I have very dry skin around my eyes. I didn't find it moisturizing enough for my eye area. However, I also have seborrheic dermatitis, in my eyebrows and the surrounding skin, as well as on my ears. For that, I felt like it was helping, but I wanted a cream that served both purposes, and so I bought a full size of the ultra-rich moisturizer, which I haven't used yet, but I will review it once I do.