Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser
No Title

3.8

Not tested on animals

2015 formula:Water (Aqua), Hydrogenated Polydecene (emollient thickener), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (mild cleansing agent), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (antioxidant plant oil/emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Laureth-4 (emulsifier), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (stabilizer), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (mild cleansing agent), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Beta-Glucan (soothing agent), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (surfactant/emulsifier), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin (preservative).Old formula:Water, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (very mild cleansing agent), Hydrogenated Polydecene (emollient), Acrylates Copolymer (suspending agent and film former), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (plant oil/emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (thickener), Polysorbate-80 (emulsifier), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (lather agent), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) (emollient), Beta-Glucan (skin-conditioning agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (thickener), Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol (slip agents), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Laureth-4 (surfactant), Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin (all preservatives), Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster).

on 2/16/2014 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really wanted to love this cleanser, having been a big fan of Paula. Before getting myself a biggest size bottle (wanted to save money), I had read really really a lot about cleansers because I have a very dry skin. I have got a problem with almost every cleanser available in the market. The only brand I could use was a local-made cleanser (which I guess was so very basic in terms of ingredients). When I decided to try this Skin recovery cleanser, I had a high hope. Turned out it dried me out and gave me little fine lines!

Sorry, this one is really not for me. I envy you those who are happily using this product!

This is a free product which the distributor gave to me when I first ordered PC's products online. It says a lot when they shipped a 237ml "sample" cleanser for you FOC. I started using when I ran out of my Dermalogica Ultra sensitive cleanser and decided to give this a try as a morning gentle cleanser. I realized that although it claims to be suitable for sensitive, dry and very dry skin, it actually works fine for my oily/combi skin but not when I have super sensitive skin on days when my skin is under stress. I had since added on Neutrogena Gentle cleanser as I read on MUV that it is very gentle and does not smart my skin, however I found that the Laneige Sensitive Liquid Gel Cleanser is the best for days when I had ultra-sensitive skin condition.

on 11/24/2012 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

After trying a lot of PC products and not seeing much results in a lot of them I was about to give up hope. Thankfully I did not :) Recently I orded this cleanser since I was looking for a good cleanser for dry skin. I have dry acne prone skin, which is also quite flaky. So I was looking for something which wouldnt cause break outs and hopefully help a bit with the flakyness. Im so happy with this :) Its a very milky like texture and removes make-up very well. Its also very soft and gentle and I havent noticed any break outs since I used this. I've been using this for 2 weeks together with some samples I got from the resist toner and the AHA 8% exfolliant (BHA, only causes more break outs for me) and my skin has totally cleared up. Its no longer flaky and my break outs are now up to a minimum. I really recommend this cleanser for everybody with dry (acneprone) skin. The only thing I dislike is the smell, it smells really bad. The cleanser doesnt contain any perfume, so I have no idea what it is, but It aint nice. However who cares if it works this great anyway :P

on 1/27/2007 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't like many of Paula's choice products and frequently return them but I will keep reordering this cleanser. My skin has mild rosacea, constant background redness, breakouts from time to time, enlarged pores. The cleanser is milky, smells nice but not perfumy and did not irritate me even using it twice/day nor aggravated my sensitive skin. It does not contain Sodium Lauryl Sulphate and really doesn't leave a residue after washed off despite the oils it contains. Added bonus is that it removes waterpoof sunscreens like Shiseido in a single step - just massage it into skin to emulsify the sunscreen and then wash it off. Much harsher cleanser could not do that. I guess it is due to the extra oils and emulsifiers this cleanser contains. It can make your skin feel slightly taught but nothing serious like the SLS cleansers.

UPDATE[April 2008]: I think M.A.C. cleanse off oil does the same job as Paula's cleanser but makes skin a little less taught after cleansing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this cleanser!!! I have oily, blemish prone skin. I have tried other cleansers meant for oily skin such as Paula's Skin Balancing Cleanser and Eucerin Pore Purifying Wash, but they were too drying. Skin Recovery Cleanser is so much better. It is non-irritating on my skin. I was even able to use it during my 5 month Accutane treatment. This leaves the skin feeling clean, unlike Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser which leaves a residue after rinsing. The only thing it doesn't do well is remove sunscreen, so make sure you have another product on hand to do that, whether it be a cleansing oil or a toner. I highly recommend this cleanser. You can always buy sample packets from Paula's website if you wanted to test this product out.

This is my absolute favorite winter cleanser. I love the way it feels on my skin, but I love the way my skin feels after using the cleanser even more. It's a bit too emollient for combo or oily skin types, but perfect for someone with dry, sensitive skin. I've found that I only need this cleanser for winter and cooler transitional months when the air is drier.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I ordered the $4 travel size to try. OMG. The first night the velvety smooth cleanser stipped the dead cystic acne hardened skin off my face and left smooth new skin with no hardening underneath. The cleanser is gentle and amazing. If u must try one of Paulas products try this. I have very dry skin with mystery adult horrible breakout. Nothing helped. Not the purest gentle skin lines and not the expensive ones that made it much worse. Before Paula at best all I could do was hope that my heavy coverage makeup would hide some. Thanks to Paula my skin is on the way to a smooth recovery.

on 6/2/2003 8:26:00 AM

Well, I agree with geckowoman. I can't stand the smell. It really turns me off.

on 10/26/2002 12:55:00 PM

I love this cleanser! Finally I found a cleanser really helps my skin without dehydrating. I have been searching for a good cleanser for a long time, all the foam cleansers I used dry out my skin, while creamy ones always hard to rinse off. This is the only cream cleanser that do not dry out my skin while thoroughly cleans. Everytime after washing my face, I feel sooo clean and fresh, and no tight feeling at all.
My skin is combo but dehydrated in Fall & Winter.