Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser
No Title

3.8

Not tested on animals

2015 formula:Water (Aqua), Hydrogenated Polydecene (emollient thickener), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (mild cleansing agent), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (antioxidant plant oil/emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Laureth-4 (emulsifier), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (stabilizer), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (mild cleansing agent), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Beta-Glucan (soothing agent), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (surfactant/emulsifier), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin (preservative).Old formula:Water, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (very mild cleansing agent), Hydrogenated Polydecene (emollient), Acrylates Copolymer (suspending agent and film former), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (plant oil/emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (thickener), Polysorbate-80 (emulsifier), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (lather agent), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) (emollient), Beta-Glucan (skin-conditioning agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (thickener), Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol (slip agents), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Laureth-4 (surfactant), Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin (all preservatives), Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster).

on 11/12/2016 2:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

OMG!HG! Read please!! I have tried everything for taking off my makeup, from Bioderma h20, wipes, Clinique balm, everything!! But this is a hidden gem! It takes my makeup off like nothing else one swipe and splash your face and all of the sunscreen & heavy makeup and mascara everything is off!! I bought it because the UK YouTuber Nadine Bardott she said exactly what it is! Highly highly recommend this stuff. I jave tried the clear to one and it does not take off makeup like this and makes my skin a little bit dryer but this one doesn't!

on 6/23/2016 8:47:00 AM

I use this with the Skin recovery toner, mask and moisturizer and I'm soooo satisfied with all of them. This is the perfect creamy cleanser, with perhaps not the sexiest packaing but def travel-friendly. I'm so glad I tried this brand, nowadays I don't buy a product unless Paula Beogun recommends it on the Beautypedia site :)

on 12/19/2015 11:39:00 AM

Notice areas of my face breaking out where I normally don't:/ On the flip side, it does not irritate my skin! If you are not acne prone, this is nice! Won't continue using this!

on 11/10/2015 2:46:00 PM

EDIT**** I think my skin due to age has just gotten more and more sensitive, I have used this cleanser for years and loved it, bought backups etc., recently my skin has lost it's mind, breaking out - I'm sure it's hormonal but I finally figured it out, this cleanser is even to harsh for me, I couldn't believe it either... I have found Graydon's aloe cleanser with several other products in that line, my skin is almost perfect. Good Luck Everyone!

I have been reading a few pretty bad reviews, I was worried that they changed the formula. I have been using this for about a year.. the best cleanser I have ever used. It's even better for me than Cetaphil. Cleans my face and I have never broken out or it's never stung or anything.. just cleans my face, keeps it moisturized. I just bought it again about 2 months ago, so unless they've changed the formula since then ... this stuff is still excellent for me, and I would never use anything else, I have two large bottles, on by my sink and one in the shower and many samples for traveling. I also use the toner.. I've tried everything under the sun twice for my face, breaks out, dries out, except for when I use this.. which is everyday - twice a day.

Keep in mind though, this cleanser does not take off makeup, I use refined coconut oil for my waterproof mascara (there's nothing better ) and Neutrogena's make up wipes on my face before I use the cleanser. Paula's choice sells this in samples as well.

on 11/10/2015 2:01:00 PM

If I was rating the old formulation I would have given it a 5. I have rosacea and I have been able to keep it under control with the help of the old cleanser. It was very soothing, took off my makeup well and did not leave my skin tight or break me out. Now my skin is a mess with the new formulation. I noticed my skin was more red when using and I was getting little pimples at first. I gave it a break and tried it again and now my rosacea is worse than it has ever been and I am left with a rash with tiny pimples all over. When looking at the ingredients I can not figure out what is so different to cause this reaction. It is very upsetting because now I am stuck without a cleanser because I have not been able to find one that doesn't irritate. So to be fair, I guess I have highly sensitive skin, but the old formulation was a godsend.

on 2/24/2015 4:32:00 AM

This is a very gentle, unfragranced cleanser that has been great for my sensitive skin. It won't take off eye makeup (even non-waterproof) but it removes my foundation just fine. The quantity is generous and the packaging is well-designed (the top is flat so the bottle can easily be inverted when you get to the bottom).

on 5/19/2014 11:39:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

A fragrance free, dye free gentle cleanser that effectively removes makeup and sunscreen without drying the skin. This seems actually soothing to my combination skin that is prone to redness.

on 1/21/2014 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am not this cleanser's intended audience. I have oily-to-combination skin that develops the occasional dry patch when the weather gets cold or if I've used something too harsh for my skin.

That being said, I like this product. There are no bells, whistles, fragrances, or wild claims. It's a gentle cleanser that removes my makeup thoroughly and does not irritate my skin. (**I do not use this to remove eye makeup as I find it can sting the eyes just a tad.**)

Over the years I've tried several different cleansers from various lines, ranging from drugstore to high end and this one out-performs them all. (But I will say that a close second is Purity by Philosophy, which I use to remove eye makeup. It does not sting or burn my eyes in the slightest, despite the inclusion of fragrant plant oils - go figure.)

When I was younger, it seemed I could use just about anything to wash my face without suffering any adverse effects. As I edge towards 40, my skin has become more sensitive and fussy, demanding a gentler approach. Paula's products are very carefully and thoughtfully formulated, so I never have to worry about dubious ingredients that could cause a reaction. I also appreciate her customer service reps and the company's generous return policy and, last but certainly not least, her stance on not participating in animal testing.

on 4/26/2013 3:00:00 PM

I love this cleanser. I usually use cheaper drugstore cleansers(there are plenty good ones) but decided to try this. Unfortunately I'm hooked. I only use this mornings and my usual simple gel at night.It's a milky , creamy cleanser which is not drying at all. It dosen't foam at first but if you add a little extra water before you rinse it off it does foam up.No perfumes or artificial dyes.. I think perfuming the face be it in cleansers or moisturisers is madness.I read an article by a dermatologist recently saying that fragrance in skin care causes more allergic reactions than anything else, and I beleive it.That' s what I love about this no irritants. Will I repurchase. Definitely !!

on 10/9/2012 8:08:00 PM

Though PC calls this a cream cleanser, it is milky, not what I would consider creamy. The texture is pretty thin, so if you want a true cream cleanser, I recommend getting samples of both this and the RESIST cleanser first for comparison. (Both the RESIST and Skin Balancing cleansers have a creamier texture than this.) Personally, I like milky cleansers. I do find this soothing and mild, and it takes off all my makeup in one to two passes. I occasionally get allergic hives on my chest, and this is a great cleanser for those days. It's also quite economical, especially in the large size.