Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser
No Title

3.6

Not tested on animals

2015 formula:Water (Aqua), Hydrogenated Polydecene (emollient thickener), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (mild cleansing agent), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (antioxidant plant oil/emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Laureth-4 (emulsifier), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (stabilizer), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (mild cleansing agent), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Beta-Glucan (soothing agent), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (surfactant/emulsifier), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin (preservative).Old formula:Water, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (very mild cleansing agent), Hydrogenated Polydecene (emollient), Acrylates Copolymer (suspending agent and film former), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (plant oil/emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (thickener), Polysorbate-80 (emulsifier), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (lather agent), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) (emollient), Beta-Glucan (skin-conditioning agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (thickener), Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol (slip agents), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Laureth-4 (surfactant), Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin (all preservatives), Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster).

Pros - great for sensitive skin; gentle and moderately effective cleansing; along with other PC cleansers, one of the most reasonably priced PC products (you can get a shampoo bottle size for $25).

Cons - will not remove heavy makeup and most definitely will not remove waterproof mascara

I don't like cream cleansers, so I'm a bit biased. But if you do like cream cleansers, this is a good choice at a good price - especially if you have rosacea or sensitive skin.

on 2/16/2014 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really wanted to love this cleanser, having been a big fan of Paula. Before getting myself a biggest size bottle (wanted to save money), I had read really really a lot about cleansers because I have a very dry skin. I have got a problem with almost every cleanser available in the market. The only brand I could use was a local-made cleanser (which I guess was so very basic in terms of ingredients). When I decided to try this Skin recovery cleanser, I had a high hope. Turned out it dried me out and gave me little fine lines!

Sorry, this one is really not for me. I envy you those who are happily using this product!

on 1/25/2014 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My preferred method of makeup removal is with a cleansing lotion, I hate how oily most makeup removers are. This particular one is nice, but nothing really special. Maybe I'd like it better if I had dry skin, but as a makeup remover it works very well. But I *need* to follow it up with another cleanser, which makes me question how well it removes foundation (it's good for eye makeup). It doesn't break me out in itself, but if I don't follow it up with a deeper cleanser I will break out, so hmm. It also seems to leave a film until I use another cleanser. I'll definitely use it up (I'm almost done anyway) but once I do I'll be on the search for something better.

on 8/26/2013 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

When I use a cleanser I love it when my face feel really clean and fresh, and this is not the case with this cleanser. It is a really creamy, milky product that is really gentle, without any offensive scent or dye, wich is great but I wish I would feel more ''clean'' after using this product. It's quite moisturizing for a cleanser and I love that. I would definitively recommend it for really sensitize skin as it's one of the only cleanser that doesn't leave my face red after using it. It's so soft that I almost feel like it did nothing at all, so I really don't know if I like it or not. It's a good product, I'm just not sure if this is for me. I've finished the bottle so I'll update if I'm missing this product after a while :-)

on 2/14/2013 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

OMG this cleanser is so bad.

I have been using this for a few days, it was a little drying at first so I decided to only use before bed. I noticed my skin started getting a little flaky but not a huge deal... but soon enough my skin was really irritated. My face turned red after use and it felt like i had a bad sunburn. My lips are still burning from using it last night. How is this possibly made for people with dry skin???

Thanks for the free chemical peel but I'd like my money back please.... and my skin.

RETURNED!

on 11/24/2012 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

After trying a lot of PC products and not seeing much results in a lot of them I was about to give up hope. Thankfully I did not :) Recently I orded this cleanser since I was looking for a good cleanser for dry skin. I have dry acne prone skin, which is also quite flaky. So I was looking for something which wouldnt cause break outs and hopefully help a bit with the flakyness. Im so happy with this :) Its a very milky like texture and removes make-up very well. Its also very soft and gentle and I havent noticed any break outs since I used this. I've been using this for 2 weeks together with some samples I got from the resist toner and the AHA 8% exfolliant (BHA, only causes more break outs for me) and my skin has totally cleared up. Its no longer flaky and my break outs are now up to a minimum. I really recommend this cleanser for everybody with dry (acneprone) skin. The only thing I dislike is the smell, it smells really bad. The cleanser doesnt contain any perfume, so I have no idea what it is, but It aint nice. However who cares if it works this great anyway :P

on 8/1/2012 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just bought 3 bottles of this b/c they had the old packaging on clearance. This is my HG of cleansers - I have normal/dry skin (DRY in the winter, plus I use RAM) and it doesn't sting, it doesn't dry my face out, it just cleanses gently but thoroughly. It has no scent, at least to my nose, and no color added. It's just nice, gentle, and effective. What else can you ask for? If they ever change this I will break down and cry - it just works. "Nuff said. :)

on 8/22/2011 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

This cleanser has a sticky feel to it and doesn't spread easily. I prefer a rinse-off lotion cleanser.

on 5/14/2011 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

Skin recovery cleanser was my very first Paula's Choice purchase several years ago and now it's the only kind I use. Before that I was strictly a Cetaphil lady, but I find this actually cheaper than Cetaphil (which is similar, gentle and effective) if purchased during a free shipping time. I use the larger (16oz) size and that lasts about 3 months, so if I order a couple at a time, I'm set for quite a while.

This cleanser is perfect for my morning routine. At night I need to remove sunscreen and light makeup, so I use a washcloth very gently and then a second wash using my hands. If I've worn mascara, I use makeup remover.

I don't like the consistency of this, it's too runny but it cleanes nice and gentle. Try Cliniques redness solution cleanser instead, it's great! ( Even Paula recommends it :)