Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser
No Title

3.7

Not tested on animals

2015 formula:Water (Aqua), Hydrogenated Polydecene (emollient thickener), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (mild cleansing agent), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (antioxidant plant oil/emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Laureth-4 (emulsifier), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (stabilizer), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (mild cleansing agent), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Beta-Glucan (soothing agent), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (surfactant/emulsifier), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin (preservative).Old formula:Water, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (very mild cleansing agent), Hydrogenated Polydecene (emollient), Acrylates Copolymer (suspending agent and film former), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (plant oil/emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (thickener), Polysorbate-80 (emulsifier), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (lather agent), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) (emollient), Beta-Glucan (skin-conditioning agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (thickener), Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol (slip agents), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Laureth-4 (surfactant), Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin (all preservatives), Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster).

on 4/26/2018 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm a product junkie, especially for cream cleansers, for which this is an excellent example. It doesn't foam, but still rinses easily. It removes light makeup, but you may want to use it twice if you're wearing heavy makeup. It's fragrance free and doesn't upset my sensitive skin. It doesn't break me out. I simply wet my face and massage this cleanser in. I rinse with tepid water. There is no residue left behind. It makes my skin feel clean but moist.

It's a little expensive, but you get tons of product, and Paula's Choice runs deals all the time. I just ordered a 16 ounce bottle for 20% off plus free shipping, which ended up costing me around $20.00 dollars. The normal price is $18.00 dollars for a 8 ounce bottle and $26.00 dollars for a 16 ounce bottle. For comparisons sake, I also use Elizabeth Arden's Ceramide Purifying Cleanser, which costs nearly $30.00 dollars for around 4 ounces. Ounce per ounce, Paula's choice costs less than some drugstore brands.

I haven't had a lot of luck with most of Paula's Choice skincare, but the Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser is a keeper. If you like cream cleansers, I'd give this one a try.

on 11/12/2016 2:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

OMG!HG! Read please!! I have tried everything for taking off my makeup, from Bioderma h20, wipes, Clinique balm, everything!! But this is a hidden gem! It takes my makeup off like nothing else one swipe and splash your face and all of the sunscreen & heavy makeup and mascara everything is off!! I bought it because the UK YouTuber Nadine Bardott she said exactly what it is! Highly highly recommend this stuff. I jave tried the clear to one and it does not take off makeup like this and makes my skin a little bit dryer but this one doesn't!

on 6/23/2016 8:47:00 AM

I use this with the Skin recovery toner, mask and moisturizer and I'm soooo satisfied with all of them. This is the perfect creamy cleanser, with perhaps not the sexiest packaing but def travel-friendly. I'm so glad I tried this brand, nowadays I don't buy a product unless Paula Beogun recommends it on the Beautypedia site :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I finally found the right cleanser for my skin! I have a very sensitive combination skin, both dry and a bit oily as well, prone to spots and blackheads. This doesn't irritate my skin which almost every other cleansers i tried before did so i'm very impressed. It don't dry out my skin which is a big plus because water really dries out my skin and you need to wash of this cleanser with water. I'm prone to redness as well and this don't make my face red after cleansing. I'm so impressed! My skin is so problematic and this one work wonders! I went back and bought the bigger size. I use it this all year round!

on 12/27/2014 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Don't let the price turn you away, it's so worth it! I have very sensitive skin, eczema issues, and acne. This cleanser didn't break me out or leave me with dry skin. My face feels soft after washing and not tight like it usually is with soaps. I made this my HG months ago and I don't regret it. It has a milky consistency, a little goes a long way. You only need about a quarter size amount for your whole face, which ends up justifying the price for me. My 8 oz bottle has lasted me 3 months, and that's using it both day and night.

on 9/22/2014 7:40:00 AM

Holy moly! I love this stuff I had really bad acne and such oily skin but after a couple days using this stuff I noticed an amazing change in my skin! It cleared my skin and ridded it of oil without drying it out! Totally recommend it!

on 7/31/2014 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
This and the toner in the skin recovery line both have a milky cream elegant like feeling on the skin. I don't know how much a face wash can really do to help in moisturizing dry skin as it washes right off but this will not hurt dry skin.

on 4/29/2014 3:47:00 PM

I have very super sensitive skin that is prone to dryness, irritation and break outs.

I like this cleanser because:

- it hydrates my skin & does not dry up my skin
- feels clean and refresh
- calms my redness
- does not cause irritation or break outs
- no fragrance
- gentle

Other products I have tried and like are:

- Moisture Boost Cleanser OR Skin Recovery Cleanser
- Skin Recovery Toner OR Moisture Boost Toner
- Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
- Skin Balancing Anti-oxidant Serum
- Skin Balancing Gel Moisturizer
- RESIST Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator
- The Earth Sourced Skincare Line.

You can order various sample kits and try them to find your skin care regime that works for you. I mix and match my products. Definitely recommend Paula Choice products!

on 1/29/2014 9:52:00 AM

This doesn't leave my face tight or traumatized. It removes most makeup except my Urban Decay eyeliner. I'm very happy with it.

on 1/21/2014 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am not this cleanser's intended audience. I have oily-to-combination skin that develops the occasional dry patch when the weather gets cold or if I've used something too harsh for my skin.

That being said, I like this product. There are no bells, whistles, fragrances, or wild claims. It's a gentle cleanser that removes my makeup thoroughly and does not irritate my skin. (**I do not use this to remove eye makeup as I find it can sting the eyes just a tad.**)

Over the years I've tried several different cleansers from various lines, ranging from drugstore to high end and this one out-performs them all. (But I will say that a close second is Purity by Philosophy, which I use to remove eye makeup. It does not sting or burn my eyes in the slightest, despite the inclusion of fragrant plant oils - go figure.)

When I was younger, it seemed I could use just about anything to wash my face without suffering any adverse effects. As I edge towards 40, my skin has become more sensitive and fussy, demanding a gentler approach. Paula's products are very carefully and thoughtfully formulated, so I never have to worry about dubious ingredients that could cause a reaction. I also appreciate her customer service reps and the company's generous return policy and, last but certainly not least, her stance on not participating in animal testing.