Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser
No Title

3.7

Not tested on animals

2015 formula:Water (Aqua), Hydrogenated Polydecene (emollient thickener), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (mild cleansing agent), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (antioxidant plant oil/emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Laureth-4 (emulsifier), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (stabilizer), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (mild cleansing agent), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Beta-Glucan (soothing agent), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (surfactant/emulsifier), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin (preservative).Old formula:Water, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (very mild cleansing agent), Hydrogenated Polydecene (emollient), Acrylates Copolymer (suspending agent and film former), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (plant oil/emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (thickener), Polysorbate-80 (emulsifier), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (lather agent), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) (emollient), Beta-Glucan (skin-conditioning agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (thickener), Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol (slip agents), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Laureth-4 (surfactant), Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin (all preservatives), Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster).

on 4/26/2018 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm a product junkie, especially for cream cleansers, for which this is an excellent example. It doesn't foam, but still rinses easily. It removes light makeup, but you may want to use it twice if you're wearing heavy makeup. It's fragrance free and doesn't upset my sensitive skin. It doesn't break me out. I simply wet my face and massage this cleanser in. I rinse with tepid water. There is no residue left behind. It makes my skin feel clean but moist.

It's a little expensive, but you get tons of product, and Paula's Choice runs deals all the time. I just ordered a 16 ounce bottle for 20% off plus free shipping, which ended up costing me around $20.00 dollars. The normal price is $18.00 dollars for a 8 ounce bottle and $26.00 dollars for a 16 ounce bottle. For comparisons sake, I also use Elizabeth Arden's Ceramide Purifying Cleanser, which costs nearly $30.00 dollars for around 4 ounces. Ounce per ounce, Paula's choice costs less than some drugstore brands.

I haven't had a lot of luck with most of Paula's Choice skincare, but the Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser is a keeper. If you like cream cleansers, I'd give this one a try.

on 3/12/2018 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I've tried this several times, as I like the PC line in general and the One-Step Facial Cleanser was my favorite cleanser of all time. Alas, this one is a dud. It leave behind makeup and grime, so while it doesn't irritate or strip my skin, it isn't even doing the bare minimum of its job.

on 11/25/2017 8:00:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have extremely hyper sensitive skin at the moment following a severe reaction to sulphates. This cleanser was great for a week, then it started to break me out and irritate. It would be okay to use occasionally for me, but not daily.

on 10/28/2017 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought a sample of this. I applied it with wet hands to remove makeup, which it mostly did with a washcloth. It didn't burn or cause an allergic reaction for me. It also didn't foam (which normally is a good thing for me).

However, this dried my skin out within two uses. It wasn't nearly as bad as a foaming cleanser, but I had skin flakes all over and my makeup looked really weird :/ I can't use something that does this. I've since discontinued use and will try my other samples of the PC RESIST hydrating cleanser and PC Moisture Boost cleanser.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

While I didn't have any reaction to this product, I also didn't find it did it's job very well. It's similar to LRP TOLERIANE Cleanser in that it's bland and non-foaming but it doesn't remove makeup or even clean skin very well. I find that Cerave Hydrating or Aquanil works better for less $$ though none of the cleansers I've mentioned will remove makeup.

on 11/12/2016 2:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

OMG!HG! Read please!! I have tried everything for taking off my makeup, from Bioderma h20, wipes, Clinique balm, everything!! But this is a hidden gem! It takes my makeup off like nothing else one swipe and splash your face and all of the sunscreen & heavy makeup and mascara everything is off!! I bought it because the UK YouTuber Nadine Bardott she said exactly what it is! Highly highly recommend this stuff. I jave tried the clear to one and it does not take off makeup like this and makes my skin a little bit dryer but this one doesn't!

on 6/23/2016 8:47:00 AM

I use this with the Skin recovery toner, mask and moisturizer and I'm soooo satisfied with all of them. This is the perfect creamy cleanser, with perhaps not the sexiest packaing but def travel-friendly. I'm so glad I tried this brand, nowadays I don't buy a product unless Paula Beogun recommends it on the Beautypedia site :)

This was my HG cleanser for YEARS! It was gentle, yet removed sunscreen and makeup with ease. Despite being clog-prone, I never had any issues.

Then...(as PC seems to be all-too-fond of doing these days) they had to go and screw-up a good thing. The reformulation was/is awful. Little-to-no removal of makeup (I was left with smeared eye makeup, whereas it removed it beautifully before-no need for a separate product) and it was break-out city, besides.

To add further insult to injury, I believe I was told that I would have to pay return shipping when I contacted PC about how displeased I was with the new product.

I also noticed that my negative review never made it to onto their page. I've noticed that only my glowing reviews do! So, something to keep in mind...

I only revisited MUA's reviews for this product, hoping to find a "dupe". Some say the "Calm Redness" for Normal-Dry skin is similar, while others say it is more similar to "Moisture Boost" (which I never cared for).

on 2/21/2016 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was the first product from PC i tried and I am very disappointed. I am glad I bought only the sample.
At first it seemed pleasant and didn't irritate my skin or eyes while washing. But it left a sticky residue that I couldn't wash away and what's worse, it made my skin very itchy- so much that I woke at night and had to scratch my face! I've got face full of pimples now.
Don't recommend this to anyone.

on 1/27/2016 4:31:00 PM

I was happy w/ this product until it was reformulated. While I can't be certain (there are so many variables), I believe the reformulated product irritated my sensitive skin w/ rosacea. I'm using PC's Calm Redness Relief cleanser now which is the same as PC's Moisture Boost (per the FAQ's for each product on the PC site). The PC website still says Skin Recovery Cleanser is a good product for rosacea but I've moved on. Calm/Moisture Boost seems like the original version of Skin Recovery and so far, it is helping my skin recover from PC's Skin Recovery Cleanser! I gave the packaging one lippy because it did not come w/ a pump and while PC used to sell pumps, they eventually did away w/ them.