Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser
No Title

3.4

Not tested on animals

2015 formula:Water (Aqua), Hydrogenated Polydecene (emollient thickener), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (mild cleansing agent), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (antioxidant plant oil/emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Laureth-4 (emulsifier), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (stabilizer), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (mild cleansing agent), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Beta-Glucan (soothing agent), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (surfactant/emulsifier), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin (preservative).Old formula:Water, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (very mild cleansing agent), Hydrogenated Polydecene (emollient), Acrylates Copolymer (suspending agent and film former), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (plant oil/emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (thickener), Polysorbate-80 (emulsifier), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (lather agent), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) (emollient), Beta-Glucan (skin-conditioning agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (thickener), Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol (slip agents), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Laureth-4 (surfactant), Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin (all preservatives), Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster).

on 8/30/2015 7:28:00 PM

I used to love this cleanser. In fact, I ordered it for years. My skin felt clean.It removed my makeup, didn't dry out my skin or cause breakouts, and rinsed off completely. Now, it's pure crap. The formula must have been altered because it doesn't rinse off well and my face feels STICKY with this cleanser. No matter how small amount I apply and how long I rinse my face, my face doesn't feel clean, just tacky and sticky. Complete fail.

on 4/26/2013 3:00:00 PM

I love this cleanser. I usually use cheaper drugstore cleansers(there are plenty good ones) but decided to try this. Unfortunately I'm hooked. I only use this mornings and my usual simple gel at night.It's a milky , creamy cleanser which is not drying at all. It dosen't foam at first but if you add a little extra water before you rinse it off it does foam up.No perfumes or artificial dyes.. I think perfuming the face be it in cleansers or moisturisers is madness.I read an article by a dermatologist recently saying that fragrance in skin care causes more allergic reactions than anything else, and I beleive it.That' s what I love about this no irritants. Will I repurchase. Definitely !!

on 8/22/2011 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

This cleanser has a sticky feel to it and doesn't spread easily. I prefer a rinse-off lotion cleanser.

on 5/14/2011 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

Skin recovery cleanser was my very first Paula's Choice purchase several years ago and now it's the only kind I use. Before that I was strictly a Cetaphil lady, but I find this actually cheaper than Cetaphil (which is similar, gentle and effective) if purchased during a free shipping time. I use the larger (16oz) size and that lasts about 3 months, so if I order a couple at a time, I'm set for quite a while.

This cleanser is perfect for my morning routine. At night I need to remove sunscreen and light makeup, so I use a washcloth very gently and then a second wash using my hands. If I've worn mascara, I use makeup remover.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I experiment with so many cleansers and skin care products. I have to say that this is the cleanser I always come back to. I've been looking for cheaper alternatives and I really like some of them. Nothing cleans and feels comforting on my sometimes irritated skin than this Paula's Choice Cleanser.