Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser
No Title

3.6

Not tested on animals

2015 formula:Water (Aqua), Hydrogenated Polydecene (emollient thickener), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (mild cleansing agent), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (antioxidant plant oil/emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Laureth-4 (emulsifier), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (stabilizer), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (mild cleansing agent), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Beta-Glucan (soothing agent), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (surfactant/emulsifier), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin (preservative).Old formula:Water, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (very mild cleansing agent), Hydrogenated Polydecene (emollient), Acrylates Copolymer (suspending agent and film former), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (plant oil/emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (thickener), Polysorbate-80 (emulsifier), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (lather agent), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) (emollient), Beta-Glucan (skin-conditioning agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (thickener), Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol (slip agents), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Laureth-4 (surfactant), Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin (all preservatives), Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster).

on 11/25/2017 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have extremely hyper sensitive skin at the moment following a severe reaction to sulphates. This cleanser was great for a week, then it started to break me out and irritate. It would be okay to use occasionally for me, but not daily.

on 1/27/2016 4:31:00 PM

I was happy w/ this product until it was reformulated. While I can't be certain (there are so many variables), I believe the reformulated product irritated my sensitive skin w/ rosacea. I'm using PC's Calm Redness Relief cleanser now which is the same as PC's Moisture Boost (per the FAQ's for each product on the PC site). The PC website still says Skin Recovery Cleanser is a good product for rosacea but I've moved on. Calm/Moisture Boost seems like the original version of Skin Recovery and so far, it is helping my skin recover from PC's Skin Recovery Cleanser! I gave the packaging one lippy because it did not come w/ a pump and while PC used to sell pumps, they eventually did away w/ them.

on 11/10/2015 2:46:00 PM

EDIT**** I think my skin due to age has just gotten more and more sensitive, I have used this cleanser for years and loved it, bought backups etc., recently my skin has lost it's mind, breaking out - I'm sure it's hormonal but I finally figured it out, this cleanser is even to harsh for me, I couldn't believe it either... I have found Graydon's aloe cleanser with several other products in that line, my skin is almost perfect. Good Luck Everyone!

I have been reading a few pretty bad reviews, I was worried that they changed the formula. I have been using this for about a year.. the best cleanser I have ever used. It's even better for me than Cetaphil. Cleans my face and I have never broken out or it's never stung or anything.. just cleans my face, keeps it moisturized. I just bought it again about 2 months ago, so unless they've changed the formula since then ... this stuff is still excellent for me, and I would never use anything else, I have two large bottles, on by my sink and one in the shower and many samples for traveling. I also use the toner.. I've tried everything under the sun twice for my face, breaks out, dries out, except for when I use this.. which is everyday - twice a day.

Keep in mind though, this cleanser does not take off makeup, I use refined coconut oil for my waterproof mascara (there's nothing better ) and Neutrogena's make up wipes on my face before I use the cleanser. Paula's choice sells this in samples as well.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Beware! This product has recently been re-formulated and now doesn't even resemble the previous cleanser. The old formula was wonderful - it was very gentle, non-irritating, and did a great job of removing my makeup - including my eye makeup, and rinsed easily.

The new formula is awful, and I will not be purchasing again. It does a lousy job of removing foundation, much less eye makeup, and it irritates my eyes. And I do not use any waterproof makeup, so makeup removal shouldn't be that difficult. It also leaves a residue on the skin. The worst part is that I saw it was "new and improved" before I ordered, but they did not yet have samples available for the new product, so I was stuck with trying an expensive bottle of the new formula (smallest bottle was $17). I don't want to pay shipping to send it back, because they don't have anything remotely like the old formula, so I'll use it, but will NOT repurchase.
ON TOP OF THAT: When I went to write a review on the Paula's Choice website, I got a message after I submitted my review that the review would be posted "if it was approved" and that "reviews can be edited without notice". I wonder if my review on their website will even show up.

on 5/19/2014 11:39:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

A fragrance free, dye free gentle cleanser that effectively removes makeup and sunscreen without drying the skin. This seems actually soothing to my combination skin that is prone to redness.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a decent cleanser which removes my makeup without drying my skin and there is no annoying fragrance.
It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes which is a big plus as well.
The amount of product is fairly generous too.

I don't think I'd re-purchase this as I have to order it online and wait about a week before it arrives (the convenience factor) and I think there are cleansers that work as well for the same price or less at the drugstore.

Still, Paula's Choice has some great skin care products, especially if you're battling acne or clogged pores.

on 8/1/2012 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just bought 3 bottles of this b/c they had the old packaging on clearance. This is my HG of cleansers - I have normal/dry skin (DRY in the winter, plus I use RAM) and it doesn't sting, it doesn't dry my face out, it just cleanses gently but thoroughly. It has no scent, at least to my nose, and no color added. It's just nice, gentle, and effective. What else can you ask for? If they ever change this I will break down and cry - it just works. "Nuff said. :)

on 11/21/2011 12:53:00 PM

Finally, an HG cleanser for my dry, sensitive skin. It's creamy and thorough--if it doesn't dissolve all the makeup the first time, use it again with no resulting irritation. It melts eye makeup as well. Highly recommended!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

My skin and eyes became a huge problem so I decided to try this cleanser. I like it, it has a nice lite creamy consistency and cleans my skin without leaving it tight or dry. All the irritation and redness I had seems to be gone (yeah!) I use it am and pm with a cotton cloth and follow with witch hazel. It takes my powder foundation off easily, I can't say if it works on eye makeup as I haven't been able to wear any for sometime now. I will keep using until my eyes are well again, then I may switch to another cleanser but I would definately keep this on hand in case of another flare. Very nice gentle, effective cleanser at a very reasonable price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Holy grail material. I have been using this cleanser since it was introduced. It removes make-up without drying or leaving a greasy film. I use it year round--in the drying dead of winter and the heat and humidity of summer. The price for the quality can't be beat, imo. When it comes to quality skincare at affordable prices, Paula rules.