MAC Cosmetics Tartlette

No Image

4.3

on 6/15/2008 5:58:00 PM

I agree that this was just made for people with with tan/medium skintones. I think it would look beautiful on them! Unfortunately I'm NW15 so it doesn't really work for me. On my very fair skin it has too much orange. I swapped for a couple of these because Bridget Marquardt from the TV show The Girls Next Door said this was one of her favorite lipglosses. For someone with her coloring this would be pretty, but not so much for paler girls.

on 10/17/2007 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was my first MAC lipglass. It's a pretty coralish color and it smells so good. It looks very pretty on a nice tan. The only complaint I have is that MAC lipglass is just too sticky on my lips... It looks good on MAC's cockatease though.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This is a beautiful color for medium skin tones. It is a shimmery peach. I love MAC lipglosses, but a similar version can be found in Milani's Crystal lipgloss in Tantalizing.

on 4/19/2007 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This color is really great for doing a glossy fuschia lip, if you draw a nice shape with some red lipliner. I tend to go for fifties makeup looks, and I really like this as an alternative to my creamier fuschia lipsticks like Impassioned, Girl About Town, etc. It doesn't look amazingly hot OVER those lipsticks, but over a red lisptick, or anything else with a red tone, it works magic at getting a dynamic hot pink mouth. On it's own it is a baby pink with a coral tone inside. Its taken on a slightly ruddier color now that I've used it over so many red lip products, but I don't mind, as that's all I use it for. There is a VERY fine gold shimmer to the gloss, but it's not like 1974 drag queen shimmer, but more of the kind that offsets a tan. I'm actually into pale skin, but when I do opt for a bronze complexion this color really works wonders...as long as it's over a red base. I haven't tried it over a purple color, but I think it would make a really otherworldly plum, maybe I'll try it over Cyber. The only reason I don't give this five lipsticks is because unlike many other MAC glosses, this one LOVES to feather, and not just bottom lip like everything else does, but on top too. But a q-tip in your purse makes that all better.

I can't believe that I've never reviewed this gloss. I got it about a year ago (sheesh - can't believe it's that long) when it was introduced at the counters. It's a gorgeous coraly-peach color with some shimmer and frost to it.

It's a great summer/spring color, but like all MAC lipglasses, this is just way too sticky-tacky for me. I always end up with either that unattractive white ring on the inside of my lips, or else it just looks like plastic. I think I might try to sheer it out by wearing a balm or lipstick underneath.

Anyway, if you like MAC lipglasses and are a fan of corals, then this is definitely for you! continued >>

on 7/5/2006 6:09:00 AM

i love tartlette! i got it at my CCO for $10 USD, and i believe it was LE. the color is a beautifully bright and bold coral peach color, and i generally dab this on and spread it, so that the effect is a bit more subtle. as with all of MACs lipglasses the texture is sticky, and it is vanilla scented. it lasts forever on my lips, and i love wearing this for both casual summer days and when i go out at night. overall an excellent lip product.

on 4/11/2006 4:17:00 PM

Ok so I bought this because of all the great reviews, and I have to say I really like this gloss. I have been wearing it everyday since I bought it :) It looked like my beloved Beaute gloss (my HG sooo sad its LE), but its actually way brighter (more of a pink coral rather than peach coral like beaute) and is shimmery (think Prrr) than glittery. I still adore my Beaute but this definitely ranks up there! The reviewer below said it perfect a cross between Pink Lemonade (LOVE) and PRR (LOVE). If you are fan of both those glosses then you will for sure love Tartlette! UPDATE: 4/13/06 The Sweetie Cakes Launch just came out from MAC and they have a lipgloss called Petit Four I think is that name and it is a dead ringer for Tartlette! Also an LE so grab it now!

on 3/12/2006 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a great color for Spring and Summer. On my NW20 skin and slightly pigmented lips, this shows up as a milky light corally pink. This would look great with tanned skin. Like a previous reviewer, I would give this a 3.5. I would not repurchase this again because it's nothing spectacular, just fun.

on 2/23/2006 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

On me, this is a cross between Pink Lemonade and Prrr. I don't see a whole lot of coral in it; it's more of a pink with a hint of peach (and a teeny bit of coral). A very nice color, but I wouldn't say there's anything exceptional about it. I said that I wouldn't repurchase, both because it's LE and because it takes me *forever* to finish a tube of Lipglass (even the ones I wear all the time!). So this'll definitely last me a while!

I would give it 3.5 lippies actually.
In the tube the colour looks gorgeous - a vibrant coral pink shade. But when I put it on it was way too intense and...shiny/goopy. I looked in the mirror and it was just - LIPS! In a bad kind of way. Plus I hated how sticky and thick it felt. Not cool especially when I wore it out on a particularly windy day!

I kinda solved the colour and stickiness issue though. I just slick on a light coat of MAC's Disney tinted lip conditioner (ULTRA FAB btw get it NOW) before just *dabbing* a few dots of lipglass on my lips and then blend using my fingers. Voila! Its less sticky because of the smoother base which offsets it partially (though I'll still be more careful on windy days) and the colour/shine is less overbearing. It prob also has good staying power since its naturally so darn thick and sticky. In all its not a bad product.