77%
package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

This was my first ever foundation and it's a good one! It has a very natural finish and looks like your natural skin. The shade 101 ivory beige matches my skin perfectly. It's not super high coverage but is buildable.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I found this product very long time ago (approximately 10 years ago) and it is still the best foundation I ever tried. I stopped using it for ethical reasons and turned my preferences to cruelty free brands. Sadly, I haven't find anything that could give me the same result. It is a perfect buildable foundation for hiding spots, pimples and acne scars and at the same time, it doesn't look like a mask or leave cakey finish. It also stays on during the whole day and allows easily make corrections if needed. Futhermore, when I was using this product my skin didn't go worse, so it somehow didn't clog the pores and my skin was fine. So, if Max Factor would be cruelty free brand I would definitely still use it. But as I believe animal testings are not worth the beauty I'm not capable for buying it anymore.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

Over the last few years I have always bought expensive high-end foundations thinking that they were the only way to go. This foundation has made me completely change my mind. I think it's great. It goes on smoothly, doesn't cling to dry patches, actually lasts all day on my oily skin, has a matte finish without being cakey. The only negative is that it does oxidize, I definitely look slightly more orange at the end of the day than after I've put it on in the morning. I also like the packaging because it is lightweight, the more expensive bottles look great but are heavy and clunky. I am actually slightly annoyed at myself for spending a fortune on expensive foundations over the years and still being disappointed. Overall I think this is a good one for those with oily skin who need their foundation to last.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

HairBrunette, Straight, Other

2 years ago

The best affordable foundation I've ever bought - a little more expensive than I usually go for, but totally worth it. It applies very easily: smooth and even. Great buildable coverage. Wonderful for covering my acne and works really well with my dry skin. Couldn't recommend enough!!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

3 years ago

This is quite expensive but with the amount of product you get- it lasts forever; especially if you don't wear foundation daily, This gives build-able coverage. When I want a 'no makeup' dewy look; I mix a pea sized amount with face cream and apply. It leaves the skin looking satin smooth and brighter. Application lasts 8-10 hrs. The only thing is they don't have many colour variations. All the shades are quite light.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3 years ago

Would buy forever and ever and ever! I had acne all the way throughout school so found it very difficult to find a foundation that wasn't oily, slippy or feel like it was creating 100 more spots (I tend to feel a horrible warm/itchy sensation on my face when I can feel spots coming on from foundation). Luckily my acne has cleared up but my skin is still temperamental & I have a lot of scarring/redness along with huge pores. I find this foundation to be perfect (for me) because it actually gives a light/cooling feeling instead of instantly feeling heavy & warm which is a bonus if I have break outs. It doesn't cake and is incredibly blendable but isn't slippy/oily. Covers all my redness and even covers dark circles without need for concealer. Also I'm very pale and it took me years to find a good formula AND the perfect shade for me, so this was like finding gold. It lasts around 12 hours and fills in my pores aswell. I wholeheartedly reccomend this foundation for anyone with post-acne skin/combination skin. However, I don't mind paying £10 per bottle because I've been looking for so long and I can make it last for about 2 months but I can see why that might seem quite expensive as it is quite a small bottle. Also, it can be quite drying if you don't use moisteriser before but not terribly and if you have oily skin this might not happen.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

3 years ago

I purchased this foundation on a whim when I spotted it on a deal. I think the packaging is hygienic and easy to use but I can see that it may be tricky to get the last bit of foundation out. Other then this potential issue, I really like this foundation - it applies easily and blends very nicely. It provides a lovely medium coverage with a natural yet slightly matte finish. It lasts all day with a bit of powder.. I real love everything about this foundation - colour match, finish and coverage.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age36-43

HairBlond, Kinky, Medium

EyesHazel

3 years ago

This is just really good product for a small price! I am allergic to sun screen ingredient in foundations, they cause me small cosmetic acne. I was looking for a foundation without sunscreen and was really happy to find a long-lasting, matte, and inexpensive foundation. I would say it a medium-coverage finish. Stays well. Does not have scent as in many similar products. I am NC20, dry and acne-prone skin and have hard time finding yellow-based foundation. I have this in shade 105 that is neutral and enough yellow-based for me.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

4 years ago

I have found my holy grail foundation, at last! I tried the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and loved it but it was a bit too high coverage and dried too quickly for my liking. I decided to give this a try after reading good reviews about it online and am very very pleased. It is a medium coverage, great for a natural look but easily buildable for those bad skin days. Other reviews have said that it oxidizes but that has never happened to me and the colour 100 Fair is a perfect match for my pale skin (the only downside is that I can't buy this shade in Australia) For 12 Euro, you can't go wrong!

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

Oh my god, I love this foundation! It's now my HG!! I've been searching for a new foundation for, what feels like, forever. I was having issues with foundation sticking to my nose, giving enough coverage, not separating and flaking on my T-Zone and thank god I've found it! Stumbled across it in Boots and thought I'd give it a go. So happy I did, then I found the reviews were so good on here so I was super excited to try it out. I have combination/oily skin which can be very oily in summer. At last, a foundation that is working for me! I apply with a beauty blender style sponge (a tip from another reviewer on here) and it is awesome. Lovely finish, looks nice and natural, I feel as though I look "fresh" all day without having to touch up and it's given me my confidence back. It covers my redness and acne scarring and doesn't look crepe-y or cake-y. My routine to apply is: powder underneath, foundation, concealer, (leave to sink in for a bit), setting powder. I usually have to use a setting spray as well but with this there is no need, it lasted me all day at work and then the gym too! I have even forgot powder underneath some days too and it's still worked great. Great price, great product!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure