L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder

L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder
True Match Super-Blendable PowderLoreal True Match CompactL'Oreal True Match Powder UK

3.5

Talc, Zea Mays/Corn Starch, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Octylododecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, BHT, Panthenol. ( /- May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 15850/Red 7 Lake, FIL 026863/1. (Taken from packaging, 09/2010, USA)

on 2/20/2017 7:03:00 PM

love this. its good for an all over face powder to add a bit more coverage to make the foundation last all day. I just with there was more product

on 1/17/2017 3:45:00 PM

You definitely need to test this product out on your skin. I first got this in W4...when swatched on the inside of my wrist (in store) it looked like a good match. I even went out in daylight to make sure. However, when i applied it to my FACE... it turned ORANGE. I don't know what the heck went wrong...but the warmer shades lean VERY peach. I have neutral/cool undertones in my face but on my neck/body I have a warmer undertone so I decided to try the W line so my face and body would match.

I exchanged it for N4 (Buff beige) and that one works a lot better. It does oxidize a bit...and becomes darker but doesn't turn orange like the warm line. I think N4 would be a better summer shade for me. Will go back to get a lighter shade. I'm MAC NC20-25

It has decent coverage and gets the job done for me. It's also very finely milled and feels nice and smooth. I normally just spot conceal and then apply powder all over and this works wonderfully. This powder can be built up to a medium coverage on me. Keep in mind, my skin is pretty good now. I don't have much to cover - just a few acne scars and redness. I don't like the feeling of having makeup on my skin so i tend to stay away from liquid/cream foundations.

For ref: I have hyper-sensitive skin and this hasn't caused me any reaction. Will update if it does with continued use.

These powders cost $16-19CDN (depending on where you buy them) for 9.5g of product. While it's still "affordable", I don't think it's cheap. Then again, drugstore makeup has gone up in price these days.

***UPDATE*** I went back to get a lighter shade and let me tell you, finding your shade in this line is a real chore especially when the store doesn't have any testers!!! N3 came out orange just like W3 and W4 on my skin. N1 and N2 was waaaaay too porcelain for me. However, W2 while I thought would be too light for my skin, turned out to be the PERFECT match for my skin tone after it oxidized. These powders oxidize A LOT. My suggestion is to pick 1 or 2 shades lighter than what you think you are, because when it oxidizes...the color will be a shade or 2 darker. I honestly don't think there is a point for the W, N, C categories if you ask me.

I highly recommend you test these powders in store against your skin if possible or purchase from stores that allow returns/exchanges.

on 12/5/2016 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a great powder! I use this as a powder foundation because I don't like using liquid products on my face. Even though this is not meant for oily skin, it has great coverage using it as a foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

(Edit)

The review and thoughts I have below is now changed, as I've used this with a different foundation (Maybelline Dream Velvet), buff it in the skin and blend with the foundation, and it works great. Not mattifying but does an okay job with setting. It really gives that nice natural, semi-glowy skin. It still doesn't keep oil at bay, but anyway, it is a good pressed powder. Just don't use it with the foundation from the same line. You'll regret it.

(Review below is based on using the pressed powder on top of True Match Super Blendable Makeup [foundation])

I supposedly have so-so thoughts about this powder but the cons overpower the pros.

Pros:
• Nice extra coverage
• Wide range of color selection
• Flattering pearl pigments

I have to say that the most of the products from the True Match line is patchy for me, but this powder is by far the poorest in performance. I like the extra coverage it gives on top of any foundation, and the pearl pigments in it is very flattering. It leaves you a matte to semi-matte in between finish. Plus+ too for the color range and undertones they are providing for the True Match foundations and powders (although it's not easy to get hands on some shades as they may not be marketed on my country).

Cons:
• Creases instantly
• Settles in to every line you have in your face
• Emphasizes pores
• Patchy
• Very cakey (although L'Oreal claims this to be non-cakey)
• Bad for touchups, because it will make you look cakey

But no matter how I apply this: basic powder brush, Wayne Goss puff method or even Kylie Jenner's wet sponge, I get instant creasing. I mean it, it instantly creases in minutes, everywhere. Even after richly moisturizing and priming. This settles horribly in to fine lines, smile lines and undereye lines. This gave me the worst, prominent streaks in my forehead just because I raised my brows for half a minute while applying mascara. Another bad thing is that this makes you cakey even in one, ample layer. Because if you apply it thinly and barely there, it wouldn't do anything. This also emphasizes pores like a nightmare, and I can't emphasize that enough.

And I know I have super oily skin but I've had products that keeps my oil at bay for 1 hour minimum. This only lasts for a few minutes in me, even in a nice, breezy day; I am all oiled up by the time I finish doing my makeup. This is also a bad powder for touchups because you will just end up adding more horror in to your face. Without properly blending it, it comes off really patchy on the skin and requires a lot of effort just to make it look decent. I've used this for 2 weeks and I am ashamed of how I tolerated the way this looked in my skin. I would most probably use this alone or just on top of moisturizer instead of throwing it away, but this partners badly even with the foundation from the same line.

on 8/8/2016 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Oxidizes – I love the concept of the True Match line but unfortunately their lightest shade W1 was too dark for me in this powder. In the package it looks perfect but on my skin it goes on too dark and then oxidizes. I was SO disappointed because I wanted the yellowish tone to minimize my ruddiness. If youre not super pale this would be amazing but sadly I will have to return this as it made my face look orange. I also agree that the cost is a little high for a drugstore product as this was almost $9 at Target. I also bought their Mineral Foundation in W1 and it was also way too dark for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is my go-to powder! I have combination skin and I find that this doesn't make me break out even if I'm sometimes guilty of retouching and covering my oily T-zone with this powder.

I used to adore this powder, I used it with the coordinating foundation for years, especially as a teenager. It works really well as a setting powder, taking away shine and helping your foundation stay on longer...

But as I grew older I explored other powders and wanted more coverage than this could offer. This powder doesnt provide coverage, you could probably get any shade within a few levels of your coloring and still use it because it applies almost translucent! It can also be rather drying on my skin especially if you dont moisturize enough it will cling to dry areas.

I also think this powder is becoming TOO expensive for what it really is..being made with cheap ingredients (second ingredient being CORN STARCH) they shouldnt be charging so much for this powder..on the website they have it listed as $10.95 in my opinion its should be half that price since it is mostly corn starch...

I havent used this in a couple years, I think I will buy one for nostalgia reasons and see if I still like it but lately i have been using sephora's baked foundation powder (which provides coverage). I will update my review ...if I find anything has changed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Bought this in W1 to go with the matching foundation and concealer. Here's what went down. :P

Price- I think this was about $9 at Target. About as much as my Colorstay pressed powder, but there's a little less powder in this than the Colorstay. Wish this powder was a couple bucks less, but price is not terrible.

Packaging- Standard pressed powder compact, nothing new here. Has a mirror and small round sponge puff thing on the bottle half, but I never really use this part. Powder part on the top half. I use a kabuki brush to apply this for a more even look. Sometimes when applying the powder, it leaves, well, powder on stuff, lol. :D But this happens to me with most pressed powders, so no big deal. I just try to tap off the excess. Compact is a little small, wish this was bigger like the Colorstay.

Appearance- This is not the palest powder I've seen, so it's not a 100% match to my pale skin. But close enough. :) It's not quite a matte powder (I find the Colorstay to be more matte), and it has little tiny specs of shimmer in it (which I think is what gives it the slight dewy appearance). Not usually a fan of shimmer, but it's not a total deal breaker. I find I don't need to apply a ton of this powder- it's light coverage, but I only need a dusting to set my foundation anyway. Hopefully this lasts awhile before having to repurchase (I do remember going through my Colorstay powder quickly, and that's a bigger pan. So we'll see). I reapply about halfway through the day when my chin and nose areas start to look and feel a little oily.

Acne- Did not notice any acne with this product. :) But did notice an increase in dry skin. Definitely would moisturize with this.

Overall- Not a HG powder, but good enough. :) Wish the price was a little cheaper. Wish it was a bit more matte, but again, it's not a total deal breaker. All you really need is a light enough dusting to set your foundation, so you don't need to go crazy with this (I think if you apply too much, it will look cakey and just not good). Better applied with a kabuki brush than the little sponge thing it comes with. Lightweight feel, also. Recommend giving this a try at least. :)

on 3/6/2016 2:22:00 AM

Did the formulation change or did I get a dud? I repurchased L'Oreal True Match in Natural Beige after loving it the first time around. I don't know why it makes me so orange and cakey-looking now. My pores are visibly noticeable! Pros are that the selection in this line are quite varied, price is relatively reasonable, and packaging is sturdy. I still hit pan the second time around because it was still usable and I did not want my money to go to waste. However, I will not be purchasing from this line again because it was just an average effect the second time around.

I'm a big fan of this powder. You will be able to find a powder that matches you perfectly. It really is blendable and smooths out my skin beautifully. It is not totally matte and gives a nice natural finish and I do use it for touch ups on my oily skin. It also gives a bit of coverage on it's own and I have been wearing just this as a light coverage powder foundation recently although it works on top of makeup as well. The packaging is a little annoying because both the top and bottom of it open. The top opens to reveal the powder and the bottom compartment holds the makeup sponge and a mirror. I have to awkwardly hold the compact with both sides open to get more powder on the sponge and then use the mirror on the flipside to see where i'm applying it. Slightly annoying but totally worth it and not an issue if you're near a regular mirror.