L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder

L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder
True Match Super-Blendable PowderLoreal True Match CompactL'Oreal True Match Powder UK

3.5

Talc, Zea Mays/Corn Starch, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Octylododecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, BHT, Panthenol. ( /- May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 15850/Red 7 Lake, FIL 026863/1. (Taken from packaging, 09/2010, USA)

I have N1, to use as a setting powder for my oily nose/forehead. I apply using a Sonia Kashuk powder brush, and this makes my skin look smooth and matte, without looking dry/powdery. I also purchased C8 Cocoa to use as a matte bronzer, since every drugstore bronzer I have tried has been too orangey or too glittery for my taste. I probably should have chosen N8, which is lighter but still relatively cool toned, because this has more pigment than I expected (I am quite pale)! I apply *lightly* with a Luxie duo fibre brush, to the hallows of my cheeks, and this works so great for contouring. Powder is silky smooth, and blends so nicely. Would totally recommend for those wanting a cool toned matte bronzer, or a nice, lightweight setting/blotting powder.

on 4/4/2017 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I enjoyed this a lot and then realized that it lists cornstarch as an ingredient. Any food ingredients can turn into bacteria on a acne prone oily face! No thanks. Moved onto maybelline fit me matte and poreless and love it!!

I have used this powder for a year and these are my

PROS:
-has coverage
-keeps skin matte for a few hours
-has several shades to choose from

CONS:
-breaks me out, always!
-at the end of the day it will leave your skin oilier so you have to retouch till you cake up

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The line is all about finding your perfect shade. Well I really didn't find much tailored to my light neutral, yet olive tone. It covers well, but it gets very cakey at the end of the day and dry. Then there's the weird case that you have to flip upside down to get a good look in he mirror.

I like this powder a lot. The reason I'm writing a review is poor packaging. Ever since the day I bought it, I can't close it with the sponge inside. It came with it, but I cannot get it to close with it. VERY FRUSTRATING!

on 3/18/2017 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This is the first drugstore face product I've ever used (Bobbi Brown and Clinique are my staples). I thought I'd try it out with some store reward points and keep it for casual just-going-to-the-supermarket days.
I got shade 6.D/6.W (Honey) which is yellow toned and a good match for my MAC C40/BB 4.5 skin. This product gives a little more coverage than my usual setting powders; I don't usually wear foundation nowadays because it can feel heavy and often emphasises my pores, but True Match gives me a polished finish without the problems I get with foundation + powder. It stays reasonably matte for a few hours and doesn't break up on my skin.
I swatched some foundation on my hand and thought I was 4W, but the L'Oreal consultant tried a few powder shades on me and we decided 6D/W was the best match. I'm not sure how their shade system works but clearly you can't work on the basis that if you're one number in one product in this range, you'll be the same in others.
Overall, I'm quite impressed with this powder and am using it more and more. A great budget product.

on 3/18/2017 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

amazing. I use to contour my face & i love the way it blends.

on 2/20/2017 7:03:00 PM

love this. its good for an all over face powder to add a bit more coverage to make the foundation last all day. I just with there was more product

on 1/17/2017 3:45:00 PM

You definitely need to test this product out on your skin. I first got this in W4...when swatched on the inside of my wrist (in store) it looked like a good match. I even went out in daylight to make sure. However, when i applied it to my FACE... it turned ORANGE. I don't know what the heck went wrong...but the warmer shades lean VERY peach. I have neutral/cool undertones in my face but on my neck/body I have a warmer undertone so I decided to try the W line so my face and body would match.

I exchanged it for N4 (Buff beige) and that one works a lot better. It does oxidize a bit...and becomes darker but doesn't turn orange like the warm line. I think N4 would be a better summer shade for me. Will go back to get a lighter shade. I'm MAC NC20-25

It has decent coverage and gets the job done for me. It's also very finely milled and feels nice and smooth. I normally just spot conceal and then apply powder all over and this works wonderfully. This powder can be built up to a medium coverage on me. Keep in mind, my skin is pretty good now. I don't have much to cover - just a few acne scars and redness. I don't like the feeling of having makeup on my skin so i tend to stay away from liquid/cream foundations.

For ref: I have hyper-sensitive skin and this hasn't caused me any reaction. Will update if it does with continued use.

These powders cost $16-19CDN (depending on where you buy them) for 9.5g of product. While it's still "affordable", I don't think it's cheap. Then again, drugstore makeup has gone up in price these days.

***UPDATE*** I went back to get a lighter shade and let me tell you, finding your shade in this line is a real chore especially when the store doesn't have any testers!!! N3 came out orange just like W3 and W4 on my skin. N1 and N2 was waaaaay too porcelain for me. However, W2 while I thought would be too light for my skin, turned out to be the PERFECT match for my skin tone after it oxidized. These powders oxidize A LOT. My suggestion is to pick 1 or 2 shades lighter than what you think you are, because when it oxidizes...the color will be a shade or 2 darker. I honestly don't think there is a point for the W, N, C categories if you ask me.

I highly recommend you test these powders in store against your skin if possible or purchase from stores that allow returns/exchanges.

on 12/5/2016 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a great powder! I use this as a powder foundation because I don't like using liquid products on my face. Even though this is not meant for oily skin, it has great coverage using it as a foundation.