L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder

L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder
image 1image 2image 3

3.5

Talc, Zea Mays/Corn Starch, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Octylododecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, BHT, Panthenol. ( /- May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 15850/Red 7 Lake, FIL 026863/1. (Taken from packaging, 09/2010, USA)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is my go-to powder! I have combination skin and I find that this doesn't make me break out even if I'm sometimes guilty of retouching and covering my oily T-zone with this powder.

I used to adore this powder, I used it with the coordinating foundation for years, especially as a teenager. It works really well as a setting powder, taking away shine and helping your foundation stay on longer...

But as I grew older I explored other powders and wanted more coverage than this could offer. This powder doesnt provide coverage, you could probably get any shade within a few levels of your coloring and still use it because it applies almost translucent! It can also be rather drying on my skin especially if you dont moisturize enough it will cling to dry areas.

I also think this powder is becoming TOO expensive for what it really is..being made with cheap ingredients (second ingredient being CORN STARCH) they shouldnt be charging so much for this powder..on the website they have it listed as $10.95 in my opinion its should be half that price since it is mostly corn starch...

I havent used this in a couple years, I think I will buy one for nostalgia reasons and see if I still like it but lately i have been using sephora's baked foundation powder (which provides coverage). I will update my review ...if I find anything has changed.

To Read all 805 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Bought this in W1 to go with the matching foundation and concealer. Here's what went down. :P

Price- I think this was about $9 at Target. About as much as my Colorstay pressed powder, but there's a little less powder in this than the Colorstay. Wish this powder was a couple bucks less, but price is not terrible.

Packaging- Standard pressed powder compact, nothing new here. Has a mirror and small round sponge puff thing on the bottle half, but I never really use this part. Powder part on the top half. I use a kabuki brush to apply this for a more even look. Sometimes when applying the powder, it leaves, well, powder on stuff, lol. :D But this happens to me with most pressed powders, so no big deal. I just try to tap off the excess. Compact is a little small, wish this was bigger like the Colorstay.

Appearance- This is not the palest powder I've seen, so it's not a 100% match to my pale skin. But close enough. :) It's not quite a matte powder (I find the Colorstay to be more matte), and it has little tiny specs of shimmer in it (which I think is what gives it the slight dewy appearance). Not usually a fan of shimmer, but it's not a total deal breaker. I find I don't need to apply a ton of this powder- it's light coverage, but I only need a dusting to set my foundation anyway. Hopefully this lasts awhile before having to repurchase (I do remember going through my Colorstay powder quickly, and that's a bigger pan. So we'll see). I reapply about halfway through the day when my chin and nose areas start to look and feel a little oily.

Acne- Did not notice any acne with this product. :) But did notice an increase in dry skin. Definitely would moisturize with this.

Overall- Not a HG powder, but good enough. :) Wish the price was a little cheaper. Wish it was a bit more matte, but again, it's not a total deal breaker. All you really need is a light enough dusting to set your foundation, so you don't need to go crazy with this (I think if you apply too much, it will look cakey and just not good). Better applied with a kabuki brush than the little sponge thing it comes with. Lightweight feel, also. Recommend giving this a try at least. :)

on 3/6/2016 2:22:00 AM

Did the formulation change or did I get a dud? I repurchased L'Oreal True Match in Natural Beige after loving it the first time around. I don't know why it makes me so orange and cakey-looking now. My pores are visibly noticeable! Pros are that the selection in this line are quite varied, price is relatively reasonable, and packaging is sturdy. I still hit pan the second time around because it was still usable and I did not want my money to go to waste. However, I will not be purchasing from this line again because it was just an average effect the second time around.

I'm a big fan of this powder. You will be able to find a powder that matches you perfectly. It really is blendable and smooths out my skin beautifully. It is not totally matte and gives a nice natural finish and I do use it for touch ups on my oily skin. It also gives a bit of coverage on it's own and I have been wearing just this as a light coverage powder foundation recently although it works on top of makeup as well. The packaging is a little annoying because both the top and bottom of it open. The top opens to reveal the powder and the bottom compartment holds the makeup sponge and a mirror. I have to awkwardly hold the compact with both sides open to get more powder on the sponge and then use the mirror on the flipside to see where i'm applying it. Slightly annoying but totally worth it and not an issue if you're near a regular mirror.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I purchased this powder in shade W8 Crème Café from my local walmart. Originally I purchased the N8 but the color is too cool toned for me.

According the L'Oreal website it is supposed to:

Match skin tone and texture.
Non-Cakey.
Oil-free.
And that you can... "blot shine, blend for a natural finish, or build for more coverage. True Match™ Powder’s formula contains a hint of pearl pigments that enhance your skin’s tone."

I say ... TRUE. This is probably the second drugstore product I can rely on (aside from my Revlon Colorstay) and say that it truly delivers. And I was really impressed.

I'm not a big fan of powders because they always look cakey to me but this doesn't. It is more of a winter shade for me, as I'm lacking my gorgeous Vegas summer glow. I do not wear this alone I use it to set my foundation ONLY. So I can't really give a review of using this AS a foundation. I prefer liquid foundations. It definitely helps correct any orange tint on my Kat Von D foundation.

Cost: $10.95 (on their website varies in store)
Finish: Matte
Comes with a mirror and a sponge (I use a brush)

My application:

After applying my foundation I use a fluffy powder blush to apply it as a setting powder or just to even out the orange undertone of my foundation or even bring color back into my face after using an invisible (no such thing on brown skin I'm sorry) powder.

Pros:
-Affordable
- "Available in 33 true-to-you shades. " according the their website. (My Walmart had about 10)
-Works great as a setting powder
-Blots shine
-Looks natural
-Easy to go Compact
-Easily accessible to buy locally (walmart, target, drugstores etc.)

Cons:
-Have to color match in-store

Overall this performs really well as a setting powder. I don't see myself really looking for another setting powder because honestly, why bother when this performs. I didn't find that it transferred more than any other powder if at all. I would repurchase it.

on 1/29/2016 9:17:00 PM

I have this in the shade cocoa just for contouring. The powder is very pigmented and creamy, so its extremely easy to blend this. You only need a little!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was the worst powder I have ever purchased in my life, and I've tried tons...yes it seems so soft when you apply it yet it sinks into your pores, and the color range is horrible all I saw was orange in my pores, it accentuated every crevice of my skin, and made my skin look dry and I'm an oily girl ughhhh waste of mola.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm a little surprised at the 3.5 overall rating on this product. I think it's quite a gem, personally.

I use the L'Oreal True Match in C3, creamy natural. I suffer from terribly red skin, and use the L'Oreal green primer under my c3 foundation.

But this little powder is what puts it all together. It blends out beautifully and while nothing covers all your flaws, this is pretty close.

My one nitpick is the packaging, as it hinges on both sides. The puff I feel is rather small, and I wind up using one of my own. Small price to pay, IMO. Love this product and will definitely be repurchasing.

on 1/1/2016 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Amazing powders. These powders are probably some of the best you can find in the drugstore. They come in lots of colors, are finely milled and of good quality and are around $10.

Looking for a matte bronzer or a matte highlighter or a contour powder? Check out these powders. Need a compact powder for touch ups? Need a powder to set your makeup? These powders will get the job done.

Video Reviews & Tutorials