L'Oreal Paris Star Brights Loose Powder Eye Shadow Duos

No Image

2.1

on 9/11/2009 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

i got this product in a sale..like most others did..i was havinbg a gold phase..so i ended up getting the glittering gold duo. hopeless. there was no way i could open it without messing it up..i mean the moment you unscrew the top there is like particles everywhere..and it is sheer..

had a light bulb moment..took some cocoa butter cream and added this glitter to it..mixed it and applied on my eyelids..it kinda stayed there..just for a while..

do not recommend this product..waste of time and money

on 3/10/2005 9:46:00 PM

I decided to purchase these despite reading the terrible reviews....what a mistake. I thought for $1.74 on clearance, it probably wouldn't be a waste of money. I thought wrong. I had planned on transferring them to another container, but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle, or if I could even get a decent amount of product out. These are messy, and I'm not sure why they thought the doe foot applicator was a good idea. The color applies unevenly and isn't as intense as it looks. Horrible, horrible product, and very disappointing considering the OTLs were very good quality. Trust the reviews here...these are so not worth the money!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

worst packaging idea ever. i bought this on sale for 1.77 (thank god i didn't buy it at full price). the container is small and comes with a doe foot applicator that spews the shadow everywhere when you pull it out. and when try to apply the shadow it gets everywhere!!! its gets all over your lashes and cheeks. its terrible don't waste your money!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this stuff sucks. I also got the Amethyst duo and while the color looks beautiful in the container, it sucks. The packaging is so... small and the applicator is just big and awkward that when you pull it out, yeah you do get tons of product everywhere. This isnt even really soft.. just kind of a dry powder and goes on unevenly. The powder quality could have been a whole lot better and the container as well, can we say POT with no sponge applicator? The day that i got this, is the day that i swapped it off. Good thing i got this crap on sale. >:(

I bought these in the Amythest Duo, what a mistake! After using this packaging, I will never complain about BE packaging again!! Tiny amount of product, and most of it came out all over the sink the first time I pulled the applicator out! Awful...

These were super messy because of the packaging. I really wanted to like these. I bought one of each color set. Tiny bottles with messy powdered shadow inside. Don't waste your money.

on 1/11/2005 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Ok, packaging SUCKS. That said, I really don't hate this shadow, but it is very sheer. I have the purple and blue duo's and have to apply them wet to get them to show. They don't stay long at all. This reminds me of those little, cheap shadows for little girls. Boo L'Oreal! :(

I bought this in Glittering Gold. Like others I simply hate these tiny bottles and sponge applicators. It is messy and hard to use.The Darker color reminds me of their OTL Russet color only a softer gold/orange color with shimmer. The lighter color is a cream/white and has chunky shimmer. I have only used this once because I hate the applicators and I can't get any other brush into the bottles. continued >>

on 12/31/2004 6:04:00 PM

I will start with packaging. They come with applicators inside the bottles. What a mess! They are the worst possible way i could think to apply them. I the little white thing in the bottle out with a pair of tweezers (came out very easily) and cut the sponge stick off that is in the lid (if you take the sponge applicator completely out the lid will not fit).

Now about the product, i got the gold duo and the cream colored one is hardley pigmented and the gold color is highly pigmented... but is not a true gold, it has orange undertones instead of yellow.

Overall i would say for the price (2 for $7) they were ok. Since simular products sell for way over that. I would suggest you apply them wet, better color and staying power.

i will not purchase these again, however, i am glad that i bought them since the price was right and the colors are unquie and i have gotten use out of them.

on 12/27/2004 8:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Usually I love L'Oreal products but this was a dud-I got powder all over my face trying to apply the shadow and it was stubbornly sticking to my skin.The shadow wore nicely but imo was too $$ for the small amt and difficulty to apply.