Cover Girl Cheekers - soft sable

Cover Girl Cheekers - soft sable

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Oat Kernel Flour, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Zinc Stearate, Fragrance, Polyoxymethylene Urea, Quaternium 15, Eucalyptus Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Camphor, Menthol, Propylparaben, Clove Flower Oil, Methylparaben, BHT, Mica, Titanium Dioxide May Contain: Iron Oxide, Carmine, Red 7, Ultramarine, Red 6, Yellow 5

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This gives me a gorgeous radiant look. It shows up on me as soft pretty peach. There is not much product here, as blushes go. But the texture is soft and blendable. I dislike the size and shape of the pan,but that's not a dealbreaker. Right now i use this for lunchtime touchups. I carry one in my purse at all times, and i keep another stashed at work. For less than $4 definitely worth trying.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to get so many compliments on this! I started to wear it about literally 15 or 20 years ago or longer. I love Soft Mink blush too. I like some CG products now, a few are remaining enduring/endearing to me from 15-20 yrs ago & yes they are still around! (E/s quad in Country Woods & e/s single in Champagne). I used to get a lot of compliments on my MU when I wore that w waterline only black eyeliner pencil w a straight up frosty med NON-vampy brown lipstick (not too dark, think something like MAC Cherish/UD 1993/UD Stark Naked/Kvd lolita type Browns), I wore the actual lipstick shade "Mocha Bean" (wetnwild) been DC for many years w (the also sadly DC) CG marathon mascara (black)/CG clean makeup liquid fdtn & pressed powder w wnw black $0.99 long wooden 7" pencils melted w a cigarette lighter on waterline half ways from the outer corner & that comprised my look for about a good 5 years lol I still reenact that look (it may sound dated to some but nah..). I get the most compliments on this look! This blush is s terra cotta deep nude w some sparklies prob this is 1 of my fave blushes & it's small so it fits in any bag. Can be used as an e/s in a pinch. I keep Cheekers bronzer in my bag! The brush isn't stellar but it will do for touch ups on the fly. It needs a mirror! But for $4 it sets the bar high. My other fave blushes are Nars O, Nars Goulee, MAC Harmony, & MakeUpRevolution Fusion. Harmony is most similar to this little DS gem out of my faves list. But harmony is matte & this has a medium amount of sparklies not at all OTT but I know a lot of ladies my age prefer matte. I don't think there is anything wrong w a little sparkle! I also was a fan of CG iced cappuccino which I haven't seen around. Soft sable has stood the test of time & is a legendary classic! I picked up a fresh 1 today from Kroger. It's evolved through a couple packaging edits & no longer smells strongly of Noxzema. It has never broken me out nor looked like my pores were enlarged. I will have this in my collection as long as they keep making it!! I apply this w an ELF powder brush or BareMinerals powder brush. Like I said the brush that comes w this blush isn't too terrible but I'm no brush expert. This blush has sentimental value to me also. Misty watercolored memories of the way we were. When all of my makeup fit into 1 drawer!!!!!!!!

To Read all 42 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference: nc30, light-Med yellow complexion

I am so impressed with this blush! during my vacation, I forgot to pack my favorite Mac blushes so I didn't want to splurge on a replacement. Went to a nearby Shoppers and decided to check out some cover girl blushes because of Chrisspy on YouTube. This color is gorgeous!!!

It's a warm, bronzy peachy pink color. There is shimmer in this product but on the cheeks, it gives your skin an awesome glow. I didn't notice any immediate fading while I wore this. Definitely would t repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Gorgeous!. I picked it up at Target for under $4. All of the Cheekers blush are now fragrance free. Soft Sable is a neutral pinky~brown shade that is highly pigmented. On the skin it gives off just a slight sheen, pretty, not glittery or sparkly at all, just gives a nice fresh look to the cheeks. Lasting power if fantastic. On my normal/dry skin with foundation and powder underneath this blush looks exactly the same when I take it off at night as it did when I first applied it in the AM. I am reaching for Soft Sable every single day since I picked it up, I absolutely love it. If you have my coloring, which is NW20 I think you will love this one for sure!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Having had some hard time with Maybelline's Fit Me blushes, I stumbled upon this CG Cheekers Soft Sable in my local Ralphs'. While I had no idea how this blush would turn out to be, I am pleasantly surprised at the high pigmentation. This blush perfectly fits my Asian warm skin tone and blends well with my contour and bronzer beneath it and highlighter above it. Love this!

I'm shocked this blush doesn't get talked about. It's absolutely beautiful. It's a unique color - a dusty rosy brown with a shimmer. It's not glittery, just gives a natural pop of color with a glow. I know back in the day this blush had a strong scent, they must have reformulated because I didn't notice a smell. I'm so happy I discovered this hidden gem.

on 3/11/2014 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is my go to blush. It is soft and buttery on application, and blends out nicely. It is pigmented enough to give a good flush of color, but unless applied with a heavy hand, it is easy to apply this lightly for a natural glow. It has a nice sheen that reflects the light, but is not shiny, shimmery, or glittery. Because it is a neutral-brown rose color, it works well with any looks I pair it with, and probably would work for a large range of skin colors and tones. It brightens up my whole face, and stays put for most of the day. In fact, as it wears throughout the day, I'd even say it looks better halfway through the day than at the beginning as it seems to melt into my skin. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this product and have been wearing it for over 15 years.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

This blush goes on beautifully with a nice dewy-looking finish. The pigmentation can be built up for a more intense look and the color lasts (though I haven;t worn it in the 100+ degrees weather during the summer yet or the accompanying humidity). The color is hard to describe- it's not as brown as it appears in the pan. I apply it either on my bare skin or on top of a bb cream or tinted moisturizer.

It's pretty enough for the daytime and eye-catching enough for night. I recommend this one!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Covergirl says "blush's basic rules - it has to be easy and it has to look natural. That's Cheekers. Each portable mini compact gives you a sheer blush that goes on to stay true and natural looking for hours. It's the way to glow!" Covergirl offers 18 shades of their Cheekers blush, I'm reviewing Soft Sable. I'm not a very big Covergirl fan, so I never paid any attention to their blush selection. This blusher contains 3g (.12 oz). I received this blush from Free Beauty Events in exchange for promoting a giveaway. This blush retails for between $3-5 and can be bought at drugstores and major retailers. Covergirl is a subsidiary of Proctor&Gamble, so their products are not cruelty free. Covergirl Cheekers blushes are made in America.
Covergirl recently redesigned the packaging for their Cheekers blushes. I cant comment on the new packaging, but I'm glad they updated it, the old packaging looks flimsy and cheap. The old packaging was a grey, rectangular compact with a clear flip up lid. A label on the back of the compact offers the shade name and ingredient list. The blush it's self comes in a narrow rectangular pan, which is inconvenient if you prefer to use a large blush brush. Covergirl includes a tiny brush that's pretty useless. The bristles are scratchy, flimsy, with bristles that are prone to splaying and shedding. Ideally, I'd like to see Covergirl skip the crappy brush and widen the blush pan instead.
The Covergirl Cheekers Blush in Soft Sable is much better quality than I expected! This blusher is well pigmented, it can go on rather strong, but can also blend out to a sheer flush of color with minimal effort. The texture of the Cheekers Blush is kinda impressive, soft but not at all powdery, there isn't a speck of excess powder kick up. Soft Sable wears pretty well, I get about seven hours of wear from it, which is good enough in my book. I also quite like using this blush on the eyes, where it wears and blends equally as well as it does on the cheeks. This blush is very strongly fragranced with a cinnamon like scent. Why? I don't really know, there really isn't a reason to have such a scented makeup product.
Initially, I wasn't a fan of Soft Sable, but it grew on me over time. Soft Sable is a very warm rosy tan shade. There's a moderate amount of gold shimmer in Soft Sable that gives this blush a somewhat frosty finish. Soft Sable is such a strong color, I need to use a light hand when applying it. I feel that this shade can work on a wide range of skin tones depending on how strongly its applied. This isn't a color I'll reach for all the time, but its flattering when I wear it.
Covergirl's Soft Sable Cheekers Blush is pretty good! I expected it to be powdery, chalky, or poorly pigmented, but it isn't any of those things at all! Soft Sable is smooth, soft, pigmented, and blendable. You can't ask for much more than that in a blush, especially one that costs only $4. Soft Sable is an interesting brown pink with a soft frosted sheen. Would I repurchase this blush? No, but I'll no longer overlook the Cheekers line; if I see a shade that catches my eye I won't hesitate to pick it up. I encourage you to look into Covergirl Cheekers blushes if you haven't. If you have, why didn't you tell me they were so good?

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Pleasantly surprised with the look of this product on my skin! I purchased in hopes to dupe Benefit's "Dallas" blush. This color is a close match when held right next to Dallas; on the skin it is a bit shimmery (but I still loved it for contouring!). My boyfriend said he liked the color (he says "give it a thumbs up!") and, even though I was disappointed to see a few too many sparkles in the sun (Dallas doesn't have that so much), it was very, very pretty. The powder takes to the brush very well, and you don't need much to go far. For sure re-buying, I would say a decent Dallas dupe, but I'm still not going to buy it again because of all the parabens in it (I know dallas does too, that's why I opt for smashbox suntanne matte for contouring)

Popular Blush Products