Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 10% Moisturizer

Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 10% Moisturizer

4.3

Water, Glycolic Acid, Arginine, Whole Leaf Aloe Vera, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Safflower Oil, Emulsifying Wax, Dimethicone, Squalane, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Micellized Vitamin A, Micellized Vitamin E, Oleth-2, Polysorbate 20, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea. 6/11/09

The smell was quite strong, which was unexpected. The moisturizer tingles a bit after applying but it absorbs quickly, and my skin looks great.

on 4/8/2016 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is now a must in my beauty regime. I have just bought my second tube, 8 months using this moisturizer every morning, and I can sincerely say my skin has changed dramatically. Adult acne prone skin, grease bumps, open pores and pitted scars has been my nightmare for years. I have used from La Prairie, Natura Bisse, Chanel to medicated treatments. This product along with a mix of other creams, monthly facials and daily exfoliating has changed my skin dramatically. People ask me if I have had fillers, botox, surgery, peelings etc. :) Definitely highly recommended.

To Read all 40 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/14/2016 7:51:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I read Paula's review of this moisturizer and decided to buy it last weekend. I had been using the Jet Glow serum from Blue Mercury, which is great but extremely expensive - $95 for a one ounce bottle - and was looking for a similar but less expensive product. The Glycolic Acid moisturizer is $45 for two ounces; a bargain I suppose after spending $95 for a similar product. The moisturizer has a gel cream consistency that is very easy to spread on your face. It doesn't ball up when you're applying it, and leaves a matte-like finish. It does sting a little if you apply it immediately after washing your face. However, the stinging goes away after a few minutes and is very tolerable. I apply this at night only because I use a vitamin C serum followed by a sunscreen in the morning. The texture and appearance of my skin have improved since I started using this moisturizer so I will definitely repurchase it.

This cream is amazing! Holy Grail cream for my sensitive, adult acne prone, oily skin.

I have been using it for nearly a week now, and have noticed a reduction in spots, less oil production and a small pitted acne scar is almost completely gone.

The cream is very emollient, but absorbs quickly into the skin.

The cream is moderately priced and comes in a decently sized squeeze tube. It will last a long time. There is some initial stinging upon application, and I avoid my eyes with this. The stinging goes away a short time later, but it is advisable to do a patch test first to see if the cream may be too strong for you.

I am very happy with the results so far, and will continue to repurchase.

This moisturizer is my holy grail!
I've always had skin problems but this creme totally fixed it. You won't believe how amazing it feels not having to worry (finally at 26) about spots and dry patches anymore. I got the softest skin and almost never spots (unless I start picking a blackhead too excessively you know...) My skin doesn't look greasy or grey anymore and I also got the impression that it made the first fine lines on my forehead disappear.
All the red marks are gone and my pores seem to be clearer as well. It tingles a bit when applying but only for like a second and the scent is quite neutral.

BUT: Be careful, your skin will get used to the AHA effect and as soon you stop using it, your skin might get a lot worse. I also recommend using sunscreen when going out in the sun, but you should do it with AHA's in general because they make your skin very sensitive to UV light.

If you live somewhere where you can get it more easily, then go for it!
I repurchased it several times (using it for almost 2 years now) but it's getting harder and harder to buy it in Europe.
I've read many good reviews about Alpha Hydroxy (not much easier to get here as well of course...), so I'm gonna try the 12% soufflé after finishing my last tube of the Peter Thomas Roth 10% Glycolic moisturizer.

I have sensitive skin and very prone to break out.
I am not bless with clear complexion,i have acne scar, red marks and rough skin texture.I brought this cream because of positive review on MUA.
I experience the same effect as other user,stingy sensation when 1st use but you see immediate effect after using this,my skin feel so smooth and the marks on my face is less visible.I must say this ptd is very effective and does not give me any breakout or allergic reaction but I will advice 1st time user to do a patch test under their jaw line to see whether they r sensitive to this ptd although it states that it is non irritating.
Fyi ,I have used this almost 2 weeks and I am very happy with the result.

Love love love this moisturizer. It really seems to plump and smooth my skin, and evens the tone when I mix a little of the PTR CC cream with it. No fragrance, and even though I sometimes like a little fragrance in a moisturizer, I would rather have the results this gives! Great price compared to other products that promise the same results, and lasts a long time. Excellent product. I love this whole line for my aging skin.

on 9/28/2014 8:05:00 PM

Love this moisturizer! I have acne-prone and sensitive skin and had a hard time finding a moisturizer which doesn't aggravate my skin. I've been using this now for at least 2 years on and off and always come back to it. I usually wear it during the daytime as a moisturizer before applying foundation - my skin looks very smooth with this moisturizer, doesn't get oily as much and reduces any minor breakouts I may have, it definitely doesn't contribute to increasing any breakouts. Will buy this as long as they make it, hopefully it's not being discontinued any time soon!!

UPDATE May 15/16
Just found out that we cannot get this moisturizer in Canada anymore, cannot believe this!! First they discontinued the item here in the Sephora stores so I always had to order it online which really was an inconvenience as it took almost 2 weeks to get here and now I noticed on the Sephora website that this item can no longer be shipped to Canada :(. I honestly don't know who makes these laws here - it's just outrageous, now I have to drive to the US to pick it up in person from a Sephora store as I can't live without this moisturizer. Truly a pain in the neck (understatement!).

UPDATE May 21/16
Believe it or not after writing a review about this great moisturizer on the Sephora website and how disappointed I was by it being discontinued in Cananda - the next day the restriction was removed!!!! Voila, now I can order it again from Sephora which I did right away. It wasn't Canadian regulations after all, Sephora was culprit :(. I'm happy I can still get it here in far away Canada ;)!

UPDATE Nov. 21/16
I'm still using this moisturizer daily under my foundation and still LOVE it - my absolutely favourite!! For the past couple of months, since I'm using more and more natural products in my daily skincare, I've been mixing 2 drops of hemp seed oil into the small amount of moisturizer I'll use for my face (mix it on a small glass dish) and the moisturizer glides on like a dream and my face feels like silk. I've put the hemp seed oil in a small glass bottle which has a dropper and keep it in the fridge as it has to be refrigerated. Adding a bit of hemp seed oil also prevents drying or irritating my face at times when it is more on the drier side, I've found my HG!!

on 3/16/2014 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

When I first got it I hated it, after a month my breakouts seemed more and my skin was just dry and flakey. Fast forward another month or two and some research later and I know it's not this moisturizer but the every day clarisonic use. I read somewhere that you're supposed to use glycolic acid for a couple days (a week preferably) and then stop for a week. I started using it at night on clean skin followed by some kind of oil. No clarisonic use until the break and even then just every other day and my face is actually glowing for the first time ever. I have a mark from chicken pox which seems much less noticeable and a sun spot next to it and the sunspot is maybe 70% gone.

on 11/6/2013 10:30:00 AM

I bought this after running out of a sample pack of Neostrata Level 2 smoothing cream that I got an eBay, as I wanted to continue to use a 10% glycolic moisturizer.

Price: ounce for ounce, PTR is a slightly better deal than buying a similar-sized tube from Neostrata. I got this during one of Sephora's F&F sales, so with the discount, I think I paid around $40.

Packaging: Squeeze tube with the cap at the bottom, so you can really get all of the product of out the jar.

Product: I am a convert to glycolic moisturizers within the past year, after exhaustive searching online for ways to combat my dry skin. I live in a cold, dry climate and really struggle with flakes around my nose and on my chin, particularly in the winter when the temperatures drop to below zero. I started with a Clarins facial scrub, but ditched that in favor of Neostrata when I realized the Neostrata would do the same job without rubbing granules into my face and rinsing them off. I then read that this PTR moisturizer was a true 10% glycolic (the Neostrata L2 is techincally 8%), and then with the potential F&F discount, this seemed like a better deal.

I use this at night only, after I have taken off all of my makeup and before I apply my night cream. So far, it seems to be doing a good job, but in full disclosure, I have yet to use it throughout a full winter season yet. I definitely noticed more of a tingling feeling when using the Neostrata vs this, which is a little strange, considering that this is a higher concentration. One of the things I didn't like about Neostrata was its smell, and while PTR is slightly better, I can't say it's great. I have a little more than half of the tube left and will use to its completion, but the true test of whether or not this does as good as job as Neostrata will really be seen in the upcoming months.

Will I buy again? My answer right now is maybe--it really will depend on performance over the next season. If not, I'm looking at Neostrata L3, or perhaps another round of L2.