Demeter Vanilla Cake Batter

Demeter Vanilla Cake Batter

2.4

on 10/30/2016 12:48:00 AM

I LOVE Demeter! My favorites are Hershey's Special Dark & Blueberry Muffin. I also like Angel Food Cake. I bought this as a blind buy, so I take full responsibility for not being crazy about it. I had Vanilla CAKE in my head. This is TRUE VC "Batter", just exactly like it says. There is a huge difference in those 2 scents. It's important to know that, so you won't be disappointed. I'll wear it, or use it as room spray, but I'd never buy it again. If you are thinking about it, just make sure you know what the batter smells like BEFORE it's baked. This is it.

on 12/30/2011 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is for the perfume oil. What a huge disappointment! This smells nothing like I'd imagine a vanilla cake batter! It smells plasticky and fake. Yes, it smells sweet but there are no hints of vanilla in the roll-on. Just a synthetic cheap smell. I'd give this a huge 0 if I could. And lasting power is an hour max.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Vanilla Cake Batter (VCB) goes on tooth-achingly sweet and artificial, it has a very plastic feel to it. I remember having a doll with a dress shaped like a cupcake that smelt very similar to this when I was young. There is no creamy or buttery scent to VCB and for the first 20 minutes or so I felt slightly ill, as though I had gorged myself on too many high sugar cupcakes.

I also liken the smell to a vanilla Impulse spray (for those who don't know what Impulse is, it's a cheap body spray favored by girls in early high school, that generally like to apply it a can at a time. I know because I was one of those girls once!) Had Demeter marketed this as an air-freshener I may have liked it, however on my skin it smells cheap and almost harsh.

After about half an hour it softens a little and some of that plastic-ness dissipates. However, by this stage the smell is so faint that I'm already wondering what perfume I should apply next. Not really a good sign for VCB and needless to say I will not be purchasing a full bottle. While it's not the most hideous scent I have ever encountered it's certainly nothing to write home about, especially with so many other vanilla options around.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is not representative of vanilla cake batter. So disappointing. Makes me wonder what sort of testing goes into their fragrances before they hit the market.

on 7/27/2011 3:24:00 PM

I am in love with Demeter Vanilla Cake Batter! It's the soft, non-buttery/brown sugary vanilla I've been searching for! Why the many "plastic-y" and "fake" references to it? It's the purest, most gentle vanilla scent around...not too foody or sugary either. Gentle, pure innocent vanilla, sweet but light. My new signature scent!
EDIT:
The spray on version is NOT as described here! Now I understand the negative reviews! I based the above declaration of love on my roll-on Vanilla Cake Batter, which I'll stick with but never the spray one! Changing ratings accordingly!

I respect what Demeter has created. The label reads: Vanilla Cake Batter. This smells like...vanilla cake batter. Nothing more, nothing less. I am on the hunt for the PERFECT, rich, true, buttery-vanilla perfume. I don't want any additional notes. Yet, this could never do. (If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to message me). Vanilla Cake Batter, like every other Demeter scent that I tested, is pleasant for about one minute and then it completely evaporates. Honestly, there is absolutely no sillage or staying power to speak of. These frags aren't at all pricey, but for something that doesn't last longer than a minute, I wouldn't even pay $20. I do love the idea and the "real smell" that Demeter produces.

on 6/18/2007 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This starts out as a truly buttery vanilla scent....not complex...very basic but sweet and sugary and pleasant. This is one of those Demeter's that fades in to oblivion within minutes. It's strange to me that some from this line have excellent staying power while others are like scented water...this being among the latter....but I think it would make an excellent gift for a young girl. For true gourmand lovers though, I say "PASS" as the staying power is just too sparse.

on 7/9/2007 7:10:00 PM

Smells awesome in the bottle! But once it was on my skin, it turned kinda waxy. Unacceptable. I have this problem with a lot of sweet gourmand scents, they'll smell great in the bottle but once I put them on, they morph into some kinda of waxy, plasticy scent that I would never wear. Oh well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has to be one of my fave demeter scents.Its rich,creamy,buttery vanilla goodness,It also seems to be longer lasting than other demeters I have.Reminds me of making butter cake batter + eating it from the bowl! YUmmmyy!

on 9/5/2008 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

After hearing so much about this scent (and wanting a new Vanilla fragrance) I eventually found it!

What a disappointment!

The "batter" in the name made me think, OK it's probably not a "pure" vanilla scent, but it would smell like pancake/cake mix right? No!

It had a musky incense scent slightly reminiscent of "Dior Addict". If that's the scent you are after this is a bargain. The lasting power is not too bad for a cologne (don't expect too much though).

If you're after a sweet Vanilla scent, move on. There's nothing to see here!

Popular Fragrances