Fresh Lotus Eye Gel

Fresh Lotus Eye Gel

3.6

SEA WATER (MARIS AQUA) BUTYLENE GLYCOL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC/SUCCINIC TRIGLYCERIDE SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL SODIUM POLYACRYLATE NELUMBO NUCIFERA FLOWER EXTRACT COFFEA ARABICA (COFFEE) EXTRACT PORPHYRYDIUM CRUENTUM EXTRACT GINKGO BILOBA LEAF EXTRACT CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) PEEL OIL CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED EXTRACT CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) EXTRACT HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL RETINYL PALMITATE TOCOPHEROL CHLORPHENESIN TETRASODIUM EDTA PROPYLENE GLYCOL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE CARBOMER MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE PHENOXYETHANOL POLYSORBATE 20 CERATONIA SILIQUA GUM HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE LIMONENE ISOBUTYLPARABEN METHYLPARABEN PROPYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ETHYLPARABEN

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I've been using this now for about 4 months and I have to say this will dry your under eye area out slowly. After a month of use, you will see your eye area is extremely dry. I do not recommend this for anyone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This eye cream claims to help fight against puffiness, dark circles and help make tired eyes look more awake. I use this in the morning since it is too light to use for nighttime and there aren't any anti-aging benefits with it. A little goes a long way with this product which makes it last a long time since it isn't that cheap of an eye cream. But once I finish this, I won't repurchase it. I saw no added benefits from this eye cream other than the fact that it kept the area around my eyes moisturized. Once I apply it, it sinks right in without much work on my part which is nice especially if you like to wear eye makeup. It won't cause anything to slip or slide off. If you need something that will do just the basics then this is a great one and the bottle lasts a good chunk of time. But if you need something that has a bit more power, then save your money and look at another one.

I received this in a Fresh multi-product offer from Sephora. I like the portability of the small pump and the fresh cucumber scent. You need to dab it on gently, so as not to pull at the delicate skin around the eyes.

on 4/7/2015 4:08:00 PM

I bout this in a set with a moisturizer and a cleanser. This eye cream burns the area around my eyes! I do have sensitive skin but this is the worst that any eye cream has done for me. I have really intense dark circles and this doesn't have much of an effect.

on 1/3/2015 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I thought this would be what I have been looking for in an eye gel but I was very disappointed. There seemed to be little hydration and those pesky fine lines were very noticeable under my concealer. My eyes felt tight and heavy and actually sore with a need to rub them.( Not good for my panda eyes!) I tried putting a more moisturizing cream over the top but the gel locked everything in. I took it back and on the hunt again!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this in a package with the Soy Face Cleanser, Youth Preserve Moisturizer and Rose Face Mask and I used the entire line for about 10 days.

I have to say first that the bottle is awful (but that may just be because mine was teeny tiny) it did not so much stand as balance and fell over lots... dropping right into my sink and on the floor)

I think it really does freshen up my eyes, I did not notice a strong stench like I did with the other products in the line.

I would not run to buy it though, it is just too expensive.

UPDATE: Meh, I just don't know if this does anything. It feels nice and cooling, but over time I haven't noticed much of a difference. I'm going to purchase the ASDM Beverly Hills Caffeine Shot next, which has better ingredients and is half the price.

OLD REVIEW
I like this as a morning eye cream. It hydrates, de-puffs and makes under eyes look moist, supple & refreshed. It also feels very refreshing - I love to take it on plane journeys for this reason.
I have tried the Origins GinZing eye cream, which is also advertised as a morning depuffing eye cream, but did not feel like it did anything - the Fresh Lotus eye cream is much better.
I cannot say if this removes dark circles as I don't have a big problem with that, and I also do not know about its wrinkle reducing properties as I don't use it for that reason (and also don't use it at night, only in the morning). But for what I'm purchasing it for - bright, rested looking eyes in the morning, it's just fine, and I will repurchase.

on 6/19/2013 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm really surprised this product doesn't get more love! First off I will start by saying I am 20, severe dark circles due to allergies, very sensitive skin prone to severe allergic reactions (usually manifests itself by my skin actually being burnt by a product), and acne. Fresh Lotus Eye Gel was a god send to me, I will explain in detail as to why below.

I decided to try a Perricone MD firming eye cream in December and after two weeks had one of the worst skin reactions in my life. After burning and stinging one night I woke up, rubbed my very sore and swollen eyes and the entire top layer of my skin came off from the lower orbital area. The skin underneath was red, raw, and severely inflamed (made it very sore to go out in in -20 Canadian winter mind you), my actual lids looked scaley, red, and were swollen in very small patches. I started with Origins Eye Doctor. Slowly it healed, but the small scaley patches on my lids persisted even when putting a layer of Vaseline over them for over a month! My skin was so sensitive any time I tried something new it would cause a painful reaction and more swelling.

I picked up lotus eye gel because Fresh's Umbrian clay and lip sugar are my HG products. This was the answer to my prayers. Within three days (hallelujah! testify!) the dry patches were gone! It was also the only product that did not cause burning other than "Eye Doctor". It smells delightfully like cucumbers and has the nicest consistency. The pump keeps it sanitary (but you only need half a pump, there's an issue with the packaging there). I honestly don't have any qualms with the price as I find my dark circles are reduced as well as it doesn't break me out around my orbital area. Usually being so acne prone ill break out by or under my brows with eye creams. This was perfect. Literally zero complaints. Can't see this being much for antiaging. But as a basic moisturizer for somebody in their twenties and thirties with sensitivities it's the best!

Also, works great under concealers! Not greasy, keeps it from creasing, fast absorbing. I will stop now. :)

There are plenty of other products out there that outperform this one. It didn't give me an adverse reaction but didn't do much for me. Won't repurchase.

on 7/27/2011 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love the texture, smell and how long it lasts. I also like the fact that it has a pump, but I feel it dispenses a little too much product. I am not fully convinced that it is the most effective on the market for the price point.