Cellular Skin Rx- C+ firming Serum

4.1

L-Ascorbic Acid, Butylene Glycol

on 3/2/2016 8:47:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I've used this vitaminC serum for about a month. i'm impressed with the result. I tried it by applied on half of my face for 2 wks first just to see if it actually worked like the claim on those medical journals.

In the first week my half side with this serum look worst than the other side due to peeling.
In the second week, over all it still looked the same. But when I looked up-close and smile, the fine line was lessen with the half serum side.
In third and forth week I used on my whole face,I reduced the amount used thus made the peeling gone. My face became so soft and the redness from acne healed faster.

Now my face is more even tone and glowing. I haven't notice the change in sun spot yet.

Be cautious vitamin C might make your inflamed acnes get more inflame. It wouldn't help with deep creased or pitted acne scar. That lies in the deeper layer of the skin where it needs laser or surgery.

In conclusion, this by far and retin-A show obvious positive results, exceeded those overclaim-advertised-skincare. I think you should try any brand vitamin C serum that
1 has 10-20% concentration
2 stablized vitamin C
3 had good vehicle (l-ascobic dissolve in water, while lipid penetrates skin better)
Cellular skin rx has all 3 of this qualifications.

Update july 2016
After 4 months of usage I'm still loving it
Now my face barely need any concealer or foundation
The sunspot hasnt change but all acne scars are all faded(i have only have a few though)
I will continue using this vit C as long as I can find something better, at least years from now. I have to repeat my words again, this vitamin C exceeded those overclaim-advertised-skincare.

I had to write a new review since I just realized I've been using this product for TEN years now. I'm not sure if I've ever used any product of any kind for that long. But, this stuff works, it's inexpensive and consistently keeps my skin even-toned and nicely textured. Each bottle lasts around 3-4 months for me. I use it all over my face - including around my eyes and on my neck -using the backs of my hands to rub it in. Really good for keeping the little brown spots away. I only wish I had known how important vitamin C was for your skin ten years before I started using this serum. Would have helped so much during those years in the sun.

To Read all 17 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/13/2012 11:44:00 PM

This is an amazing product for me. I have been using it for about 4 months now. Slight stinging when applied and minor redness, but this disappears after about 5 minutes. I start my morning with:
Ella bache skin cleanser for dry/combination skin
After cleansing I apply a few of the vitamin c drops on a dry face, patting and then massaging it in. I then wait about 20 mins before applying La Roche posay anthelios 30 sunscreen(eu version). I dont mind getting up a bit earlier and making breakfast a bit longer so I can let the product sink in and work it's magic.
I am on retin a 0.5 alternating nights and I don't find mixing them a drying combination. My freckles have faded and my skin glows. This is definitely a great product I will be repurchasing again.
I will also be trying the Age limit advanced refinishing serum from the same company to try on my nights off retin-a. I can't wait.

on 6/29/2010 10:10:00 AM

Over the years, I have tried various Vitamin C products such as Skinceuticals, La Roche Posay, Skinmedica, Cellex-C, etc. All of them left my skin irritated and broke me out few days after using it. I really thought that I am one of those unfortunate people who cannot use Vitamin C no matter how great the benefit is. Side effects were just not worth it.

Then just a month ago, after a day out at the beach, I noticed a lot of freckles and sun damage on my face even though I religiously wore high ppd European sunscreen. In order to prevent future damage and with a little hope that it can lighten the new spots, I decided to give Vitamin C a try again, this time with C+ firming serum.

At the beginning, it did sting. I only applied few drops on my face and neck in the morning. And I was apprehensive about the bottle, that it may oxidize too soon.

It's been a month now and no irritation, no break out. It has not oxidized even though I keep it in my bathroom cabinet drawer. My face looks more even tone and somewhat brighter. If the results stay like this, I will definitely buy again.

on 10/4/2009 6:22:00 PM

This is a stable form of water-soluble Vitamin C. It made my skin very soft and supple, reduced the appearance of fine lines and frown lines between the brows. Just know that clinical trials show that only 50% of subjects using topical form of Vitamin C showed improvements.
Overall, I would highly recommend this product, but be careful if you have sensitive skin..
EDIT: This product eventually dried out and irritated my skin. I switched to Ester C serum, which is more stable and less irratable.

This is a great c serum at a fabulous price. I got a large sample when I ordered my relax plus with vialox, and I am amazed by how much it has improved my undereye area (I have had bad luck with c products on the rest of my face so I didnt even try it all over). I have been using retinol products under my eyes, and there was some crepiness. In less than 2 weeks, the crepiness is gone. I now have a large bottle, which I am sure will last forever with use only under the eye area. Edit: I have to take away lippies. I have milia around my eye area now from this product (I havent started anything else new). I knew that c products broke out the rest of my face, but thought that I could get away with it around my eyes :(

this serum seems to work well, however I took off one lippie due to the gasoline smell of the product. I really like the fresh pout lip balm and the eye bright serum of this line, the fresh pout lip balm make my lips a bit fuller and moisturized without any tingling feeling, the eye bright serum is good for sensitive eyes, especially those people who can't use anything with oil, this is very light, but not watery, really help with dark circles and puffy eyes.

on 12/27/2005 11:19:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

What a great two ingredient serum. This is 12% L-ascorbic acid in a stabilized butylene glycol base. You only need 2-3 drops from the 1 oz. brown glass dropper style bottle to do your face. It is a bit thick so you have to massage it in a bit. I apply this first then my other serum and moisturizer with spf. I only use this once a day, in the morning. It seems to firm and brighten my skin without irritation. Sells for $38

on 10/26/2005 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought the C+ serum a couple of months ago. I really had high hopes for it, but my skin doesn't like it. I have normal/combo skin, and I can use this on my forehead melasma spots with no problems. If I apply just one drop to the rest of my face, the next day my skin is an angry red color that lasts a couple of days and looks almost like a bad sunburn.

The company had great customer service, and I think their product is a great value if you can tolerate it, but since I can't use it on my whole face, I give it a less than perfect rating.

on 10/26/2005 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Sadly, I can no longer use this product because my sensitive skin has rebelled against it. I've tried decreasing the amount used, mixing an almost negligible amount with other face products, using less frequently, and nothing has helped stave off the redness and flakies. Evidently ascorbic acid is only for those with hardier skin. Three lippies for this serum's initial anti-inflammatory properties, immediate brightening effect, rapid and complete absorption, and the company's fast and inexpensive shipping. The price is reasonable at $38 for one ounce. Those without sensitive skin looking for a C serum should definitely give this a try. I'm currently test-driving a MAP/ester-C serum and pleased with it (so far!).