L'Oreal Color Pulse [DISCONTINUED]

L'Oreal Color Pulse [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Ingredients: Water , Laureth-12 , Behentrimonium Chloride , Dimethyl Ether , Cetearyl Alcohol , Isobutane , Glycol Distearate , Amodimethicone , HC Red No. 3 , Butane , Fragrance , 3-Nitro-P-Hydroxyethylaminophenol , Propane , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , HC Orange No. 2 , Trideceth-12 , Basic Red 51 , 4-Amino-3-Nitrophenol , Methylparaben , Cetrimonium Chloride , Butylparaben , Ethylparaben , Isobutylparaben , Propylparaben

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used this in hot mahogany before I started permanently dying my hair. It did not color my natural black hair at all.

Huge fan of these. I have purchased their funky purple, electric black (which is a really dark purple) and light pink shade they had on special edition.
These make my hair feel gorgeous, add shine and colour without damaging them.
I used the purple and pink ones on my platinum blonde hair. They didn't fade to weird colours which I was impressed with. They will stick to bleached hair like any temp colour will, so be careful.
I now have dyed my hair back to black, and I love using the electric black. It's a really dark purple. I have purple and blue chunks in my hair, but I have to use specialty dyes to maintain those. When I get a little lazy, and want to spruce up my whole head, I use this. I leave it on for a long time, almost an hour or more. I generally put it in on, and go about doing chores. Always makes my hair feel soft, shiny and healthy looking. It smells fruity, which I don't mind as it doesn't last.
I'm sure they won't drastically alter your hair colour unless it has been bleached or dyed already, but they're a fun and safe alternative.
I do believe it has been discontinued, so I'm picking up as many on clearance as I can!

Note: My mom is a natural redhead (darker red, not bright orange red), and she has never dyed her hair. The most has been sun-in haha.
She used their auburn shade and it looked great on her hair. It didn't really change her hair colour that much, made it a touch darker at most. But since her hair had natural highlights, it just made them more vivid. She has no grays, when she used this everyone thought she had her hair professionally done. It looked very pretty, but not in your face.

on 1/26/2010 10:08:00 PM

I loved, loved, LOVED ColorPulse in Copper Blast! It was perfect for my naturally blonde hair, turning it a gorgeous coppery, strawberry blonde. Initially, the color was a bit jarring (meaning: orange), but after a couple of shampoos it was just beautiful...and very NATURAL LOOKING. Everyone I encountered was sure it was my natural color. It definitely lasted longer than 6-12 shampoos, but did eventually fade all the way back up to my natural color with NO ROOTS. My hair was shiny, and there was absolutely NO DAMAGE associated with the product. And, honestly, the orange mousse was kind of fun to play with. ;-)

I am so sad, because I have been unable to find the product in stores. I fear that L'Oreal has discontinued the line...if so, what a mistake! I have attempted to replicate the color I got with ColorPulse in the salon, and have been unsuccessful (the salon color was much less natural, less even, and left my hair dry). HEAR MY IMPASSIONED PLEA, and BRING IT BACK!!

on 12/23/2009 4:31:00 AM

Words can't describe how much I LOVE this product. I have dark brown hair and I bought colour pulse in "Electric Black".. it's AMAZING. Freaking amazing. There's a lot in the bottle but I used the entire can on my hair and it came out purple when I put the stuff on my hands.. but in my hair after it dried and everything my hair was this beautiful shiny black.. but not a fake looking black, it looked really really natural.. it wasn't a huge difference but it changed the tone of my hair a bit so that it completely complimented my skin tone and everything. The smell is also great and it made my hair really soft and shiny. I wish this was permanent! Two thumbs up!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This review is for the Copper Blast and Espresso Shot shades. I first tried Color Pulse about 4 years ago, in the Copper Blast shade. My natural hair colour is light ashy brown, but at the time of trying it, I had been dying it in a quite lighter, dark blonde shade (Feria #72, which, looking back, looked completeley brassy on me). I loved it! The results were great, I think this shade is the most natural red in the whole collection, and that's what I was going for, because extreme, obvious shades do not go well with my Casper-pale skin. It was the perfect copper-red shade. If I remember correctly, it did take quite a while to wash out, despite the fact that I wash my hair on a daily basis. Perhaps about two weeks or more. It's a much more temporary solution than L'Oreal's Casting ColorSpa, which, in spite of promising to wash out in 28 shampoos, never did. So this one actually washes out completely in the end, so it's a great way to change your look without any commitment. I was also looking into dying my hair in a dark brown shade, but the only brown in the collection, Punchy Brown, seemed to reddish for my liking. And then they came out with Espresso Shot! A natural-looking, true dark brown. Great results with this one as well. Natural-looking colour, however, this one washed out much faster than the red shade, I could see colour washing off the very next day when I shampooed my hair. But that's OK, since a natural-looking colour that lasts even less time is actually better for me when I want to try new hair colours - that way you don't have to walk around for 3 weeks with a bad dye job. It also makes hair shiny and soft. A great way to experiment, but it seems like L'Oreal has discontinued this line, or some of it.

I bought this product only once, in a Copper color, considering I couldn't find any more products of this brand. However, even though the color was pretty good on my dark blond hair, it washed out way too easily. After one wash, there was no color remaining in my hair at all ! Therefore, now when I apply it, I keep the color in for hours if not for a day or two.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I had first used this product almost 5 years ago because I was bored and wanted a hint of colour. The colours I used were Red Pulse and Funky Purple and I loved them. Fast forward 5 years and I once again used Colour Pulse, this time in Electric Black. The mousse has a pleasant fruit scent, but it's really messy. My natural hair colour is a caramel shade with random gold thrown in. Electric Black turned my hair a dark brown shade with a hint of purple. It's a nice shade but not what I want. It faded very quickly; after my second wash! It's a great product nonetheless. I would recommend this to anyone that wants to colour their hair but isn't ready to jump into the permanent territory.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I got this in black about a year or two ago.It turned my hair a dark brown/purpely color.I'll try this again but maybe a different color.

on 2/25/2009 10:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

ive used copper,hot mahogany and chilled plum. i LOVE the chilled plum & hot mahogany, but i think ill pass on the red copper. man that stuff turned my hair electric orange! glad it washed out faster than the plum does. the plum is quite nice though, makes my hair a pretty burgundy color. the hot mahogany made my hair a lovely natural red, like a light auburn. id buy this again in the darker colors if it wasnt DCed.

I just used Red pulse on my blonde hair and it is really bright. I only did it in highlights because I didn't want to much of a change. But it is a really big change for me. I would recommend this to all blondes but it is really bright so don't use the whole can and be careful with dying your whole hair, it is really drastic.

Popular Hair Color Products