Lancome Effacernes

Lancome Effacernes

4.1

Ingredients: water, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan isostearate, propylene glycol, titanium dioxide, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, ozokerite, hexylene glycol, urea, stearic acid, glycosaminoglycans, honey, tocopherol, sodium hyaluronate, silica, chamomilla recutita extract, aluminum hydroxide, magnesium sulfate, disodium edta, disodium stearoyl glutamate, centaurea cyanus extract, disteardemonium hectorite, polydihydroxyindole, acrylates copolymer, methylparaben, propylparaben, diazolidinyl urea. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 3/15/2017 4:34:00 PM

This is my FAVOURITE concealer! I was having a lot of trouble with concealer making the skin under my eyes look dry and crepey, so I went on a quest to find a new concealer. Thanks to Sephora's great sample program, I was able to test many. This one came out on top. It gives great coverage, doesn't sink into fine lines and stays put all day. I also like that it doesn't look heavy and cakey under the eyes. Since discovering this concealer 3 years ago, I haven't tested any new concealers. That's how happy I am with this one! I apply it with a small brush and then tap it out with my baby finger. Let it set for a few minutes, then tap out any that has slipped into the fine lines. Then set it with a tiny amount of powder. I use the NARS Light Reflecting Loose Powder (another favourite!). This combo works perfectly for me. I have fair skin with a warm undertone (NC20), and the shade IVOIRE is perfect! If you have dry under eyes, or even if you don't have dry under eyes, this concealer is worth trying.

on 2/3/2017 6:04:00 AM

I have dark eye circles and some puffiness around my eyes and i have tried everything, Nars and Mac overall are the best ones i ve used. But all concealers including the mineralized ones made my undereye area drier. I have been using this with the Lancome Advanced Genifique Yeux Light Pearl and Lancome Renergie Multi Ligt eye cream and believe me this trio gives me perfection. Fine lines totally gone, much less puffiness, firmer undereye area, dryness is never a problem anymore and the dark circles are not even an issue. Maybe because these 3 work together i dont know but i really really recommend them. the biggest problem is the price but overall if you always try to find the better undereye products you spend more anyway. Definately buy again.

This is a creamy liquid concealer, not too thick or thin, texture reminds me of Rimmel lasting finish foundation. You have to tap it with your fingers otherwise it will look streaky and just take off the foundation underneath. The coverage is medium, it's not going to cover major under eyes circles but does a decent job. I personally find this concealer works for dry skin as its not overly matte and has a soft flexible formula. It last the whole day provided that you lightly powder underneath. I only use this for under eyes. For blemishes/pigmentation I use something a bit more dense like MAC studio finish concealer NC30 or Laura Mercier secret camouflage SC3.

The shades, in Australia there's only 4 shades available which is ridiculous if you ask me. I use this in 02 beige sable, it's pink undertone but it's the closet I can get to fit my NC20-25 skin tone. I use Teint Idole Ultra foundation in 01 with a tiny bit of 03 mixed in. I watched a number of LancĂ´me videos and it seems they used 02 on models with my similar skin tone.

01 is pink undertone too but even more paler. 03 has a beige neutral undertone but is way too dark on me, more suited to NC30-35. 04 has yellow undertone but it's too light, did nothing for my under eyes, in fact made it look worse.

It cost $60 AUD for 15ml. I will repurchase because I can't find anyone else better. Tried Maybelline fit me concealer and MAC prolong wear concealer but still found them to be too dry. The packaging is in a squeeze tube which is prefect, I get to control how much I want to use...now if only the la base pro primer was in this packaging.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Absolutely amazing. This is a wonderful full coverage concealer that lasts all day. The colour beige sable matches my skin tone to a T and originally when I had just the sample size I would frequently use it all over the face and it lasted me 5 years...thats just the sample size!

A great concealer, worth your money, long lasting on the face, in product use and on your wallet.

on 3/23/2016 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have 01 Beige pastel with SPF 30 in a beige tube (no golden line on the black cap). I don't find that this one is available anymore, I see them in back tubes, which may or may not be the same product. I bought it in a store in Belgium and it was the lightest shade available, it seems different shades are available in different countries (I hate that, guys, consistency please).

This shade is a bit peachy for me, but this seems to help with purplish undereye. It also does a decent job of covering redness though. I really like the texture, it kind of melts and you have to use very little. The tube is small (15ml) and very expensive, but it does last a long time. I'm going to have trouble finishing it before it goes bad, so sometimes I sheer it out from the centre of my face a bit as a foundation. It stays put and doesn't dry the skin out, very good.

If and when I run out I will check which shades and consistencies they have available and probably repurchase.

on 3/15/2015 10:39:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this concealer to cover the blue under my eyes. It does a good job as a concealer; it's fairly creamy, it has SPF, it gives good colour and it covers my dark circles relatively well (but not completely). I cannot stress enough though that very little goes a long way. if you use too much, it will settle in the lines under your eyes and it will look extremely cakey. So, it's expensive, but it will last you forever. Even though I like it, I am convinced that there are better and cheaper concealers out there, but despite that, I think I would buy it again.

on 3/7/2015 7:25:00 PM

I have repurchased this three times now. The new formula is amazing. I used "Ivoire" in the old formula and now am using "Beige Sable" in the new formula with SPF. I took a break to try NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer but the NARS was so much drier (despite being called "creamy"). This, I find, is much more RADIANT, illuminizing, moisturizing, easy to work with - it's just perfect for a concealer, especially for an undereye one. I do use it all over my face and I'm very acne prone but I don't have a problem with it. I compared the ingredients to those of other foundations and I don't see the big deal - looks pretty comparable, plus has extra benefits for the undereye (and more gentleness that someone with sensitive skin should love.) Oh, and I love the fact that it is a squeeze tube. So much easier to travel with, use, and much more hygienic. I think it's the one makeup purchase I will never regret making.

on 3/4/2015 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have pretty bad dark circles and have been looking for the perfect concealer for a while. Unfortunately, this isn't it. It works fine when I have some redness, but for dark circles this really isn't that great. It does lighten up the eye area, but compared to bobbi brown corrector this doesn't do the trick.

The colour (Beige Sable) is a pretty good match for my skintone. A little pink though, but it looks ok and if I want a flawless look I just top it off with MAC select sheer pressed powder to completely even out my complexion. I love the packaging, it's hygienic and easy to get the right amount of product. It blends like a dream, covers redness very well, a little goes a long way and it stays in place for a long time. The little tube seems to last forever, so I find the price very reasonable. Also, my skin doesn't react to it in any way, no break-outs, it's not drying, no redness, my skin stays calm when I use it, which is a very big plus! I do think it looks kinda dry once set. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't dry my skin, it just LOOKS dry. My expressionlines are ten times worse with this concealer, makes me look old. Not the look I'm aiming at usually.

It's a good concealer and I guess it works fine if your dark circles aren't really that bad, or if you're just using it to conceal some redness, which is my main use for this now. But for us unlucky ones with severe dark circles, this is not the miracle we've been hoping for. It works pretty good on top of the Armani master corrector, but still, that grandma-look, nooope..

on 1/19/2015 12:19:00 PM

Love everything about this!
Good coverage, lasts forever and therefor relatively cheap.
Colors are good, blends in really nice!
You do have to let it set though, its a little watery..
Only reason why i wouldnt rebuy tbis is because its not oil free. My dermatologist strictly told me to only use oil free :s

on 12/12/2014 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am not one who uses the words HG, but heree I make an exception: this is my HG when it comes to concealers. It has the perfect consistency and finish. The coverage I would say is medium,which I like because any heavier than this, then I look unnatural. I generally don't like undereye concealers with highlighters, which I find looks too 'made up' especially for daily wear. Effacernes matches skin colour well, and blends in easily to a silky, semi-matte finish. Best of all, it lasts all day long.