Lancome Effacernes

Lancome Effacernes

4.1

Ingredients: water, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan isostearate, propylene glycol, titanium dioxide, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, ozokerite, hexylene glycol, urea, stearic acid, glycosaminoglycans, honey, tocopherol, sodium hyaluronate, silica, chamomilla recutita extract, aluminum hydroxide, magnesium sulfate, disodium edta, disodium stearoyl glutamate, centaurea cyanus extract, disteardemonium hectorite, polydihydroxyindole, acrylates copolymer, methylparaben, propylparaben, diazolidinyl urea. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Absolutely amazing. This is a wonderful full coverage concealer that lasts all day. The colour beige sable matches my skin tone to a T and originally when I had just the sample size I would frequently use it all over the face and it lasted me 5 years...thats just the sample size!

A great concealer, worth your money, long lasting on the face, in product use and on your wallet.

on 3/23/2016 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have 01 Beige pastel with SPF 30 in a beige tube (no golden line on the black cap). I don't find that this one is available anymore, I see them in back tubes, which may or may not be the same product. I bought it in a store in Belgium and it was the lightest shade available, it seems different shades are available in different countries (I hate that, guys, consistency please).

This shade is a bit peachy for me, but this seems to help with purplish undereye. It also does a decent job of covering redness though. I really like the texture, it kind of melts and you have to use very little. The tube is small (15ml) and very expensive, but it does last a long time. I'm going to have trouble finishing it before it goes bad, so sometimes I sheer it out from the centre of my face a bit as a foundation. It stays put and doesn't dry the skin out, very good.

If and when I run out I will check which shades and consistencies they have available and probably repurchase.

To Read all 544 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/15/2015 10:39:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this concealer to cover the blue under my eyes. It does a good job as a concealer; it's fairly creamy, it has SPF, it gives good colour and it covers my dark circles relatively well (but not completely). I cannot stress enough though that very little goes a long way. if you use too much, it will settle in the lines under your eyes and it will look extremely cakey. So, it's expensive, but it will last you forever. Even though I like it, I am convinced that there are better and cheaper concealers out there, but despite that, I think I would buy it again.

on 3/7/2015 7:25:00 PM

I have repurchased this three times now. The new formula is amazing. I used "Ivoire" in the old formula and now am using "Beige Sable" in the new formula with SPF. I took a break to try NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer but the NARS was so much drier (despite being called "creamy"). This, I find, is much more RADIANT, illuminizing, moisturizing, easy to work with - it's just perfect for a concealer, especially for an undereye one. I do use it all over my face and I'm very acne prone but I don't have a problem with it. I compared the ingredients to those of other foundations and I don't see the big deal - looks pretty comparable, plus has extra benefits for the undereye (and more gentleness that someone with sensitive skin should love.) Oh, and I love the fact that it is a squeeze tube. So much easier to travel with, use, and much more hygienic. I think it's the one makeup purchase I will never regret making.

on 3/4/2015 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have pretty bad dark circles and have been looking for the perfect concealer for a while. Unfortunately, this isn't it. It works fine when I have some redness, but for dark circles this really isn't that great. It does lighten up the eye area, but compared to bobbi brown corrector this doesn't do the trick.

The colour (Beige Sable) is a pretty good match for my skintone. A little pink though, but it looks ok and if I want a flawless look I just top it off with MAC select sheer pressed powder to completely even out my complexion. I love the packaging, it's hygienic and easy to get the right amount of product. It blends like a dream, covers redness very well, a little goes a long way and it stays in place for a long time. The little tube seems to last forever, so I find the price very reasonable. Also, my skin doesn't react to it in any way, no break-outs, it's not drying, no redness, my skin stays calm when I use it, which is a very big plus! I do think it looks kinda dry once set. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't dry my skin, it just LOOKS dry. My expressionlines are ten times worse with this concealer, makes me look old. Not the look I'm aiming at usually.

It's a good concealer and I guess it works fine if your dark circles aren't really that bad, or if you're just using it to conceal some redness, which is my main use for this now. But for us unlucky ones with severe dark circles, this is not the miracle we've been hoping for. It works pretty good on top of the Armani master corrector, but still, that grandma-look, nooope..

on 1/19/2015 12:19:00 PM

Love everything about this!
Good coverage, lasts forever and therefor relatively cheap.
Colors are good, blends in really nice!
You do have to let it set though, its a little watery..
Only reason why i wouldnt rebuy tbis is because its not oil free. My dermatologist strictly told me to only use oil free :s

on 12/12/2014 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am not one who uses the words HG, but heree I make an exception: this is my HG when it comes to concealers. It has the perfect consistency and finish. The coverage I would say is medium,which I like because any heavier than this, then I look unnatural. I generally don't like undereye concealers with highlighters, which I find looks too 'made up' especially for daily wear. Effacernes matches skin colour well, and blends in easily to a silky, semi-matte finish. Best of all, it lasts all day long.

on 12/6/2014 5:11:00 PM

Great concealer! Covers and stays there all day long! Best thing is that it doesn't dry out your under eye area but feels moisturizing and lightweight! Definitely will repurchase!

on 10/19/2014 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my HG concealer, have been using it for years and years. I use this to cover up hyperpigmentation spots and as an undereye concealer. I have sensitive acne prone skin and this is the only one that doesn't irritate my skin or clog my pores. It stays on all day, i only re-apply if I go out at night.

Don't use too much, a tiny bit will cover up just great.
If you do, the product will get into fine lines and show.

on 10/11/2014 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I stumbled across the multitude of positive reviews for it here, and as I had a gift card at the time, I figured I'd try it. No skin off my nose if it didn't work... but it did.

For reference, I have super pale (neutral undertone), extremely dry skin (although it's not sensitive), and I've been looking for a good all round concealer to use to brighten under eye area, and for use on blemishes. I've tried multitudes of concealers from DS to HE and have been 100% happy with none, ALTHOUGH I will say that from the DS Maybelline FitMe concealer is surprisingly good.

Anyway, onto the review. The concealer is extremely pigmented and is ever so slightly tacky to the touch, but it blends like an absolute dream, and a little goes a very long way. Colour match for me is great - I bought 01 Beige Pastel which melds perfectly with my skin tone. It is made specifically for the under eye area, and I found that it brightened up my under eyes brilliantly whilst not settling into fine lines. For me at least, it ALSO worked wonderfully on blemishes - concealing fantastically and not peeling or caking or flaking off, which are usually the complaints that blemish concealers give me. Additionally, I found I got at least 10 hours of wear without having to correct anything. LOVE.

As for the particulars: Packaging is functional and plain - the concealer comes in a small squeeze tube with an extremely small nozzle - perfect because such a little goes a long way, not to mention nice and hygienic :) Colour selection is, admittedly extremely limited. I don't know if the selection has changed, but everywhere I look there are only 3 shades available - all light. This isn't a problem for me at all, but for ladies with darker/warmer skin tones, you might want to double check the selection or look elsewhere. Price is, not cheap - about £20 for a 15ml tube, but I do believe that for the quality of this concealer and how so little goes so far, it's actually a pretty fair price.