Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Concentrated Cream

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Concentrated Cream
Cocoa Butter Formula Concentrated Cream

4.5

Water (Aqua/Deionized) (aqua), Cocoa Extract (theobroma cacao), Petrolatum, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil (cocos nucifera), Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Stearalkonium Chloride, Cocoa Butter (theobroma cacao), Palm Oil (elaeis guineensis), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin e), Fragrance (Parfum) (parfum), Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG 8 Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C) (vitamin C), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI #19140), D&C Orange 4 (CI #15510)

on 5/25/2017 11:01:00 AM

I haven't been on here in a while, but the way this product saved my facial skin last winter is something I just had to tell about. I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin that is also now aging. If hot water touches my face, it gets red and irritated, and I love my hot showers. I try to keep the water off my face, but it doesn't always work. I had to use cortisone cream on my face about a couple of times a week, but I know that, with extended use, that can thin your skin, which is something I don't need on top of my other issues. Then I remembered this cream and how it seemed to have a healing effect on my skin. (Yes, I know this is not marketed as a face cream.) So I found some of this and started using it on my face, mostly on my t-zone and cheeks which is where most of the irritation is. It worked great, and I was able to cut down on the amount of cortisone I was using. (And yes, it is also great for winter-dry skin on the body too!) As the weather has warmed up and my skin has become oilier, I can't use this on my face as often without breaking out. Still, I already have a tube of it tucked away for next fall. This is something I definitely don't want to be without.

on 8/10/2016 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I use natural coconut oil as a body moisturiser every time I shower and compared to coconut oil, this has a very strong smell of coconut, which may overpower other perfumes you wear, I use at night both on my hands and my feet so this an issue.

Feels quite rich and thick when you apply and takes a while to work into the skin

on 12/6/2015 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I once had had hand eczema. After much research(google), it seemed like my hands cant have too much contact with water. That is really impossible for me due to my job (I am a nurse). I used and still use this concentrated cream after every hand wash. It alleviated me from the crazy itch and reduced the appearance of redness. It is a tad too greasy but I'm willing to give and take. The cream smells delicious. If you have hand eczema, you might want to give this cream a try!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Just bought this as a sample @ Walgreens and I am impressed with it's richness and quality. It literally melts on my skin. I am have using it as an under-eye cream too. Love, love the smell. Smells just like hot chocolate. Love it!

on 7/27/2015 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

There is no denying the benefits of Cocoa Butter. It is amazing and really does moisturize. I was laying out a lot in my young adult years when living near Diamond Head and one time I saw this older man who looked awesome at the beach there. He reminded me of George Hamilton but better. He was fit, tan and his skin was out of this world amazing. He was one of those people who as they say in Waikiki: "Makes looking good a way of life." I asked him what he did to make his skin look so good. He said he used "Cocoa Butter straight from the jar" as soon as he "got out of the Sun." He also said he "only stayed out in the Sun for thirty minutes a day"...of course at high noon. So I went and bought myself a jar and I was using this stuff everyday. I liked the smell of it but it was kind of sticky from the jar. As soon as I used the jar up I got it in the cream and it was a bit more workable. I still use the cream for my body from time to time. I use it for my feet, elbows and knees daily. It keeps the thick skin there nice and moist. I would say this old stand by is perfect for anyone. Just go lightly on the face. The Lotion may be better there for those with oily skin.

I cant say enough about this cream..I drove all over 2 county's to find it. Be sure to look for the blue stripe across the front that says CONCENTRATED CREAM, it's also in a squeeze tube. I made the mistake of picking up the regular formula and returned it. This cream is a must have for softening hands/feet and retaining moisture. The smell is delightful and a litte goes a long way..AND It's less than $4 at Walmart..

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Concentrated Skin Cream isn't a daily body moisturizer I'd typically wear because I can barely tolerate the smell of ANY cocoa butter. I haven't liked it since I was a kid; I remember hiding bottles of it from my mom & grandma so they couldn't cream my skin. I'm in my early twenties now & still avoid it at all costs; I'd just associate the words with an awful smell that isn't anything like cocoa or chocolate to me.

My fiancé bought a tube from Walgreens for $2 - 3 while we were on vacation & his asking me why I don't use this instead of the lotion provided by the hotel didn't even budge me. I was lying in bed with a belly ache & he rubbed some on my body. I would be lying if I said my skin wasn't noticeably softer & incredibly moisturized after he put it on me. My skin looks & feels better whenever I use it & the moisture really does last all day.

I know I would not have worn this under any other circumstance! Basically, I love the benefits of cocoa butter, but I never use it because I can't stand the smell of cocoa butter. I was so skeptical about this but I have to swallow my pride & admit I'm just picky, & this really does work. It may be a great product... I just can't see myself using it daily.

I tried lot's of hand creams over the winter for my dry hands (very expensive to dollar store brands). I love this product, it's rich creamy, moisturizing, smells like cake and I love the small tube for my bedside table. I picked this up for a buck on clearance, I haven't seen this particular formula yet to repurchase. I hope it's not been discontinued.

Bought the one with a pump so it was really quick and easy to use. Kept skin smooth and soft all day. sometimes the smell of cocoa is too overpowering but its easy to get used to after a while. I also tried the olive version of this cream and it is smoother and smells less sweet.

on 11/5/2013 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a go to lotion for me because it smells delicious and is just so thick and creamy. It is one of the only things that keep my feetsies moisturized and soft. Which is of course hard to do during these colder months. And living in Seattle, it gets super chilly/windy here. This does a great job and I will use forever I'm sure.