The Body Shop Blusher Brush

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my first decent blush brush and I have been using it daily since 2007.
It looks like new, the shape exactly the same as day one and not one bristle has fallen or bented. And that's about 400+ washes later - I wash my brushes with baby shampoo weekly and after every use with spot cleaning.
Still incredibly soft too. It picks enough product for me because I'm fair and prefer to layer my blush. For super pigmented blushes I keep a fan brush on hand.
The only thing that makes me consider buying a different one is it's shape; since it's tapered and not round or really fluffy it's best for precise blush application. Of course you can blend with no problems but if you prefer your blush readily diffused with one stroke might not be for you.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ummm... Pretty strange brush...
Right now I'm not completely sure why I bought this one, but I think it was because I wanted a really soft brush for using on my skin (and this IS really soft and feels great against the skin).
I agree with the review under - hard to figure out what this actually is really good for. It's flat,so a little bit difficult to use for blush (although my MAC blush brush also is a bit flat), it's too soft for foundation, doesn't work very well for my powder because it feels like it kinda sticks to the brush and come off patchy... Also, it's pretty expensive, so I would not recommend - there are better things out there.
UPDATE: put on a lippie. I now use this for my NYX cream blush, which is a really... creamy blush. This works well for blending it out. I'd actually say that there are probably not many brushes that would work as well with this when applying over foundation. Because the blush spreads so easily, this brush can actually handle it. Because it's not a powder product and needs to be smeared out, the very soft bristles can manage this without rubbing the foundation off.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

The head is narrow, long and floppy with not fluffed out in a tapered shape. So it doesn't give a professional even application and or good control. It feels soft but I expected more considering the high price. the only quality body shop brushes are the 2 eye brushes and the mineral kabuki brush IMO

I love the Body Shop brushes. The blusher brush is - like all the range - super soft and smooth, and doesn't shed much at all. The new(ish) shape is slightly more precise than the old one - an improvement on what was already my fave blush brush! - and after several months' use and washing it has retained its shape well. I find it good for both precision application of colour, and for blending, although I do also tend to buff out with a bigger, fluffier brush. Good pick-up of product (I can't imagine why some reviewers find it doesn't get enough) without excess or fallout. Pricier than many cheap brushes - but the quality is as high as many that are far more expensive.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's one of a great product from The Body Shop!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The Body Shop Brushes are pricey but worth every cent. They're the smoothest brushes I have ever come by and this is one of my absolute faves. I don't use it for blush though, I apply my powder foundations with it and wipe away e/s fallout. Works like a charm.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this!!!! It is so pleasant to use over my cheeks. Not pricey at all! Love it!

Tanja

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Update:

My comment was for the previous bodyshop blusher brush, back in the 90s which was made from coconut husk. man that sucked in applying blusher. Regarding this new edition brush, have yet to try

-------------------

I agree with kate5 below... this sucks in blending and tends to make us look unnatural. I bought mine way back in 1999...and if i am not wrong, the fibre is coconut husk yes? *thats what i was told*

The brush wasnt soft at all... it was kinda hard and pokey. I let my sis try it, and she also complained it sucked... but over the years and many washings it softened but still not as soft as my other synthetic brushes...

also the shape is too "rectangle" imo, not very gd for contouring or blending

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This brush feels really soft despite its synthetic bristles. I like just a tinge of color on my cheeks and I usually end up with too much color. So this brush is great because it picks up verrry little color.

UPDATE: I recently found a way to use this brush to create a better, prettier effect. I use a smaller blush brush to apply the blush to the apples of my cheek and then use THIS brush (purely) for blending it out, fading the color as I blend and swoop the color towards my ears. Works great!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this brush! I like that it's shaped so you don't get a strip of blush but at the same time, it's not fanned out so you start getting blush all over your face. The bristles are unbelievable soft and DON'T SHED. I know it's not natural hair but at the low price, I'm not complaining.

Popular Makeup Brushes