The Body Shop Blusher Brush

Filtered by skin type : Normal

2.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hm... Ok, here goes:

Pros:
Dosent shed
Keeps it's shape
Feels very smooth and gentle on the face

Cons:
It may pick up too much powder, so u need to have a light hand.

For blusher, I prefer angled brushes, I picked this up cuz my ELF blush brush was shedding. Overall an ok product, but it can be a little bit tricky to get used too.

Don't think I'll be repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

At $26, this is a pricey brush! I do not think that I would have gotten it if I hadn't gotten a $50 gift card.

PERFORMANCE - Although the brush fibers feel super-soft, the shape is a little awkward to use for blush sometimes - it's smaller and not as fluffy as I would like. It's kind of like the child of a Filbert and a Fan brush. It usually performs well with my blushes, but when I try and use it to place bronzer precisely, the bronzer looks patchy.

DURABILITY - Really disappointing. I've owned my brush for a little over a year, but the two parts of the handle came apart recently. It's nothing that some super-glue won't fix, but a brush that you pay $26 for should not fall apart!!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The brush tip is not round, it's more a flat oval. Because of this, it leaves patches when I try and swirl my blush on. I am a painter, so I figured out a way to apply my blush using strokes. This is MUCH HARDER; I can do it but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone. And it doesn't look as good as swirling with a fluffy brush.
It's not angled so it's not good for contour. I'm think of using it for my setting powder? I heard it's shape is good for that. Meanwhile I am using my kabuki to apply blush until I get a different blusher brush!
Don't get me wrong- I love the body shop brushes. They are super soft, and don't waste product. Very good quality & last a long time. But this one is kinda odd.

UPDATE- I tried using it to stipple setting powder. Any round brush is still way better than this one. Oh well, can't win every time.

Its Okay blush brush. I would like it to be more angled like MAC one for more precise application of blush. IMO it is too big as a blush brush but too small for bronzer. I use it as my back-up brush.

This is basically the Face and Body Brush in a smaller size, but the shape works much better for a blush brush. It applies blush evenly, and is easy to control, whether you want a light or heavy application.

You can't use this brush head-on, but there's really no need to. The bristles are very, very soft and pick up color easily. The handle isn't too long or short, and it can stand up on its base, which can make storage easier. I'm a very happy owner :)

It's a good brush! Not anything too exciting or wonderful about it, but I love it! :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I hate this brush. It's soft, but it's very flat and the bristles snap back and forth. It barely picked up any prodect. It feels like a cheap drugstore brush, and is ridiculously priced at $26.00 (USD). I used it twice and returned it. I purchased the kabuki brush at the same time. I didn't use it, but I returned it too. I cannot recommend this brush.

My first pricey brush.. and I'm disappointed. It's too soft, I feel like I have no control over the brush.. very comfortable though.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i bought this brush as a replacement for a Sephora pro brush (which had a wooden handle that cracked, chipped, & fell apart)... i absolutely hated the new body shop brush until i figured out that it's *completely* different from my other brush and has to be used completely differently!! i have no idea how to explain this, but i'll try... it's sort of "sculpted" -- ever so slightly fan-like... so you have to kind of use the side of it and let it splay out a bit. what i mean is that you have to hold it at a 45 degree angle to the plane of your face, instead of the usual 90 degree straight-on approach! if you don't use it correctly, you will definitely get a big pink line on your cheek!! just takes a bit of figuring out. other than the steep learning curve, i am very happy with it. durable plastic handle, very soft bristles (and it hasn't lost any yet!).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't really have any brush experience but I picked up this brush for $20 CAD. It is really soft, and picks up pigment well. I hope it lasts (I will update on the longevity of this brush). It's kind of ugly but works well. I will buy again.

Popular Makeup Brushes