The Body Shop Blusher Brush

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

its about time i wrote a review for this brush coz i just realized that this brush has remained so faithful to me, even after all these years. i bought it about 4-5 yrs ago and till now, it looks as good as new. ive experienced no shedding at all. the handle and ferrule are very sturdy too. its bristles are super soft and blends my blush and/or bronzers so well. due to its shape, u can apply blush to one side and apply that side first and then use the other side of the brush to apply bronzer. i'm always in a hurry every morning and this brush always helps. i also use this to apply highlighter using the same side after blush for that blended,beautiful sheen.
if u are still a student like me, always looking for cheap but quality investments, try this one. you'll be super satisfied. i bet it will last me some more couple of years.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

honestly, my favourite blusher brush!
i'm so surprised to see all the negative reviews!
this brush is extremely soft and good quality, lasted me well for years.
secondly, yes it is flat, and the edge tapers off to a firm shape. it is not angled, but you can angle the brush with your own hand.
if you find the right way to use this, it's perfect!
1stly: the firm edge is perfect for contouring.
2ndly: the firm bristles on the ends blend any harsh lines.
3rdly: the BELLY of the brush applies smooth and basic blush application anywhere.
4th: the belly of the brush and the edges work together, as you get the application from the belly, the hard end/ edge of the brush literally follows your application and smooths it out..
highly recommend! this is my staple blusher brush.
also love the brush handle as you can stand it up.

I've had my blusher brush from The Body Shop for 6 and a half years now, and the bristles are still as soft and as thick as the first day I bought it (I was a college student back then). It has not lost its shape yet after all this time and has never shedded once. It is that durable. I do wash it with baby shampoo and let it air-dry every 3-4 weeks, and I've never found the need to apply much pressure on the blush pan or against my cheek when picking up and applying color. This is a great product and it does its job very well, it picks up a perfect amount of color, never too much so I can slowly build up color as needed. Whenever I buy a new blush, I tend to throw away the mini brushes they come with, and I'll use this instead to apply the color on, and I always get a more even, smoother result. I can get a natural look with this easily. I also use this brush to apply a light layer of pressed powder all over my face (I dislike 'caking' which happens when I use the sponge that comes with the compact), so it's not just a blusher brush for me. Overall, it is a fantastic basic blusher brush for the average make up user. I love it :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been a patron of The Body Shop products for about 2 years now. I guess this was an impulse buy for me when I happened to pass by at the mall, and I love it! It's so darned soft and is very animal friendly and the synthetic material lessens the bacteria being harbored by the bristles. However, I gave it 4 points because it doesn't pick up pressed blushes well. It's okay for loose blushes, but it definitely sucks with blushes in compacts. Plus, it's so darned expensive that you'd be better off getting a cheaper alternative that packs several brushes for less like Ecotools. But I'd still recommend this product for anyone who'd care to fork out the cash for this.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I hate this brush. It's soft, but it's very flat and the bristles snap back and forth. It barely picked up any prodect. It feels like a cheap drugstore brush, and is ridiculously priced at $26.00 (USD). I used it twice and returned it. I purchased the kabuki brush at the same time. I didn't use it, but I returned it too. I cannot recommend this brush.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i bought this brush as a replacement for a Sephora pro brush (which had a wooden handle that cracked, chipped, & fell apart)... i absolutely hated the new body shop brush until i figured out that it's *completely* different from my other brush and has to be used completely differently!! i have no idea how to explain this, but i'll try... it's sort of "sculpted" -- ever so slightly fan-like... so you have to kind of use the side of it and let it splay out a bit. what i mean is that you have to hold it at a 45 degree angle to the plane of your face, instead of the usual 90 degree straight-on approach! if you don't use it correctly, you will definitely get a big pink line on your cheek!! just takes a bit of figuring out. other than the steep learning curve, i am very happy with it. durable plastic handle, very soft bristles (and it hasn't lost any yet!).

Its perfect for blush and bronzer, its so soft and high quality. Believe me, its even better than the sephora collection ones.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my first decent blush brush and I have been using it daily since 2007.
It looks like new, the shape exactly the same as day one and not one bristle has fallen or bented. And that's about 400+ washes later - I wash my brushes with baby shampoo weekly and after every use with spot cleaning.
Still incredibly soft too. It picks enough product for me because I'm fair and prefer to layer my blush. For super pigmented blushes I keep a fan brush on hand.
The only thing that makes me consider buying a different one is it's shape; since it's tapered and not round or really fluffy it's best for precise blush application. Of course you can blend with no problems but if you prefer your blush readily diffused with one stroke might not be for you.

Althought I am used to using angles blusher brushes I recently purchased this product. I had a £10 gift card and my love your body 10% off so I ended up only paying 80p of my own money! However, I believe that the £12 price tag is reasonable for the quality of this brush. The brush is super soft, and applies blusher flawlessly onto the skin. This is the best blusher brush I have ever used! Couldn't recommend this enough and I wouldn't expect anything less from the body shop!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a super soft brush and it has never shed. (I've had it for a few years) I love that it can stand up by itself so the bristles don't have to rub again the table when you put it down. However, it's very thick and it picks up a lot of product, so you have to go easy on it. But it does a decent job of blending so it's not too noticable.