Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/20/2015 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Listen, I probably have every pressed and loose powder in my current arsenal or in my past. This one has intrigued me for a few months. I decided to purchase it - $5.99 at Target. It has that 80's Covergirl smell that I find comforting. I wear MAC NW45 so I purchased this in the color Honey. This has lots of shimmer in it and ends up looking beautiful on my skin! I used this to 'bake' my undereye concealer and it came out beautiful! I've also used it on my entire face to set foundation with good results. Nothing will keep my oil from breaking through but this just gives me such a glow with the tiny golden shimmers. An excellent product I would gladly pay triple for, this is highly underrated. The only loose setting powder I can travel with because the powder puff keeps the powder in check and below the sifter. I will be repurchasing as long as they make this.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I use this as an everyday powder to set my makeup. It's not expensive, so I don't mind wasting it. I'm an NC50, so I use it in Honey. I started using this after a good good review from a YouTube guru. Good, inexpensive product. I think it was like $10 at Target.

on 9/13/2011 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

A really great product at a drugstore price.

I've tried both high and low-end loose powders and truly this is at the top of my list. Annoying smell aside (it doesn't linger), it really makes you look polished and the effect lasts for hours. Also, it doesn't make you look lifeless like some powders do. It can be worn alone or as a finishing powder with great results.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

What a surprise for just a few dollars! I bought this before a last minute wedding job and I was short on cash. My only prayer was that the powder didn't turn out too shimmery on the skin and it didn't! I bought the honey shade #120 and it worked great on several skin tones. The bride stayed matte for hours and she just glowed. The noxema smell isn't too bad for me and the sifter wasn't bad either. The only "upgrade" i would have liked would be a screw on top. I can see this being a problem after a while after it shifts around in my kit.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

I originally decided to try CG's loose powder because I wanted something to set my foundation, and wasn't willing to shell out money to something I don't really consider a staple. I like that it's cheap, and it really does give a natural finish to my MAC Studio Fix-finished face. The smell doesn't bother me since it doesn't linger on, and I can't really say if it controls oil, because my face is not oily.

I consider this an average product, since I've never tried any other loose powder to compare it with, and at the the end of the day I'm pretty sure most of it has come off. I'm not really sure if I would re-purchase again, but I overall I think this a decent product, that won't empty out your wallet.

on 10/13/2007 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

OK. I love this stuff. I've actually had it sitting in my make up case for about 3 months unopened. I've been complaining about my cream stick foundation always rubbing off on everything and I hadn't found a good loose powder to set it. I opened this the other day and was pleasantly surprised.

This is wonderful to set your foundation and provide a nice finish. It's not heavy and it blended in beautifully - I use a powder brush for this.

For my dark skin tone, I use #125 and it didn't turn greyish looking or anything after a few hours. Highly recommend this to set your foundation.

on 12/12/2005 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Got it in transluscent honey. Smells awful but works well.