COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder

COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder
No Title

3.4

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

i have this in translucent medium and its great as a setting powder or for every day for light coverage, it goes on well and blends well and staying power is ok. it didnt make me break out or irritate my skin at all and it gives a soft and even matte finish to my skin, where this product really loses me is it has a pretty strong almost rosy/ baby powder scent to it that i could really do without. the packaging is ok ive never travelled with it but it can get messy. it comes with a cute puff and they give you quite alot for the amount your paying but i still really dont like the scent.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I was running out of my Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder, and bought this product based on three things: 1) its cheap, 2) I like the container and 3) its loose powder.

I thought I'd give this a try....

First all, I noticed a lot of people wrote that it has a funny smell. Actually, almost all Cover Girl face products have Noxema in it, to help keep your skin in good condition and not break out. So thats what you're smelling. I personally like the smell :)

Second... I have oily skin, and maybe I'm used to Revolon's Colorstay Pressed Powder, but this Covergirl Loose Powder doesn't really last thru out the day. Within 3 hours of wearing it I noticed my face was shiny and that the powder didn't give me much coverage. I didn't use the puff, I used a kabuki brush that I have separately. At first, I thought it was good because the color matched well and it has a teeny amount of shimmer it in, which was nice. But it doesn't last long nor provide much coverage. With Revlon's Colorstay Pressed Powder, I didn't need any touch up at all or no reapplication.

Third, I will probably dump it out and use the containter for Revlon's Mineral Powder Foundation. The packaging for that powder really sucks so I'll probably dump it into the Covergirl Loose Powder container :P

Then again, this is fhe first day of me using the powder... but it doesn't look hopeful so far :(

I gave it two lippies, because of 1) the container and 2) the color is actually nice. Just needs to have better staying power and coverage. I guess this is good if you don't want much coverage at all?? Because I have oily skin, I'm looking for more of a matte finish, and this didn't give me the results I was looking for. Guess I'll go back to revlon!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is an okay powder, i have dry skin so it didnt work very well for me it really showed dry patches, and this isnt a good powder if you touch up alot because after the first touch up it will look really cakey. i tried it on my sister and she has normal skin so it worked great for her.

on 2/20/2010 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I use this only to apply under my eyes to catch any fall out from eyeshadow. For that purpose only it does it's function. It has a strange medicinal or menthol smell that I'm not very keen about but am able to tolerate. Like all loose powders it can get messy. I apply a thick layer under my eyes with a foundation sponge and when I'm done with my eye make up I wipe it away with the same sponge. I use the shade translucent light. I purposefully purchased a much lighter shade to help brighten up my eye area.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

This power is a nice setting power but if your looking for coverage you wont be pleased. overall it's a good product with alot of product packaged for the price you pay and I actually would purchase this again.

on 9/18/2011 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Overall, I love the product. I just don't like the packaging. Before I even try to open the stinking thing I lightly tap it on a flat surface and slowly (VERY SLOWLY) I open the top to see if I got enough powder to just lightly coat the top of the sifter. This helps so when I just barely dip my dual fibre brush in to pick up a little bit of powder it doesn't make me look cakey when I smooth it out.

I use this on my T-zone and other oily areas and it does a wonderful job of not giving me a "white cast" if blended out correctly. It lasts pretty long and I absolutely love the smell. Yes, it is strong but I've gotten use to it!

Price wise, if you have a coupon or if this goes on sale... GET IT & TRY IT!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I got this on sale for $5, and it works great. My Max Factor powder broke, so I was looking for an alternative. Over all it works great. I have sensitive skin and it doesn't irritate my skin at all. It doesn't make my face look cakey or oily. People have said in previous reviews that its shimmery, but I have not noticed this yet.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have gotten the high end makeup products and i have bought the drug store products and this is by the far the best! Loose powder i have ever used. It actually kept my oil on my face under control ALL DAY long. This was my first time trying it out and although the smell is sorta bad i find that as soon as the product hits your face the smell goes away. This product does not break you out..The price was 7$ for me..Its wonderful all oily skin people buy it..It will help A LOT!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I tried this awhile ago and it was basically the worst powder I've ever tried. I am by no means oily but I literally was shiny like 10 minutes after I applied it. Also, it made me look super gray and ashy. It kinda looked like I push fireplace ashes all over my face and ruined the color of my foundation. This stuff is cheap and for a reason. Maybe it's also a contributing factor that I'm not a huge fan of loose powders...but this stuff is a total miss for me. I also HATE the packaging, the lid constantly falls off so there's no way I could bring this with me in my bag or my purse. I have tried way better powders for the same price if not cheaper.

on 1/10/2014 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is horrible. It looks like I rubbed my face in glitter, the packaging is horrible and tends to spill. Smells kind of like baby powder, and it cakes up my hole face and looks like a powdery mess.