Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

No Title

3.4

on 4/20/2017 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I just bought this yesterday for little over 5$ (Canadian) since it was on special and I was actually looking for an inexpensive loose powder. I’ve been watching loads of videos on how to bake the undereye and set makeup so needless to say, I was dying to try it out at home. However, I wasn’t going to spring for Laura Mercier for my first loose powder purchase since it’s way up there in price.

So far, I’m thoroughly enjoying this powder.

The pros include: decent quantity, brightening yellow undertones, perfectly mattifying and a little goes a long way. For baking, I just dipped the tip of my RT sponge and it went on my undereye nicely. I patted a bit on the rest of my face with a fluffy powder brush and it pretty much just melted in with my foundation.

Of course there are a couple of cons, such as the floral scent which some people certainly loathe (I actually like it because it reminds me of old school Noxema!), not to mention the cheapie packaging. I don’t think it woud break the bank for CG to at least change the top cover from the horrid 80’s brown color to something else. It’s also a very messy product but that will inevitably be the case for any drugstore loose powder.

The powder came with a small velour-like puff which I actually love. I don’t use it to apply the CG loose powder however. Instead, I’ve put it inside my FitMe Poreless Pressed powder because I find it does a far better job than their sponge!

I will update my rating if I break out or something in a week. But so far I have to say that I’m really loving this powder and I’m so glad I spent 5 something instead of 45$!

UPDATE: No breakouts, love this powder!

on 1/18/2015 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Firstly, this stuff is surprisingly good. This might be a stretch for some, but I actually stopped using bare minerals (on top of liquid foundation) and started using this. Not only is it completely affordable and lasts forever, but it actually looks good and non greasy.

I throw out the puff thing and use a brush to apply instead. I also try not to carry the actual powder container because I have never had one that doesn't break. The lids always, always crack no matter how much I try and be gentle. That's the only thing that is terrible about this product.

Hopefully they change that but keep the price and the amount of product in the bin. There is a lot of product in there - it goes a long way.

I never get oily and I never apply more. I cannot believe how well it sets my makeup. Also, I have been using it for over a year so this isn't an infatuation period. It is the real deal.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I was surprised this powder is very heavily perfumed... luckily i enjoy the smell. I wore it without foundation and it makes my skin smoother and less oily.

on 7/29/2014 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted to try a loose powder so I bought this and It didn't work on me, I liked it at first but the color oxidized on my skin, it was chalky, and I was shiny after just a couple hours. It was also sparkly,

on 1/10/2014 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is horrible. It looks like I rubbed my face in glitter, the packaging is horrible and tends to spill. Smells kind of like baby powder, and it cakes up my hole face and looks like a powdery mess.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I tried this awhile ago and it was basically the worst powder I've ever tried. I am by no means oily but I literally was shiny like 10 minutes after I applied it. Also, it made me look super gray and ashy. It kinda looked like I push fireplace ashes all over my face and ruined the color of my foundation. This stuff is cheap and for a reason. Maybe it's also a contributing factor that I'm not a huge fan of loose powders...but this stuff is a total miss for me. I also HATE the packaging, the lid constantly falls off so there's no way I could bring this with me in my bag or my purse. I have tried way better powders for the same price if not cheaper.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have gotten the high end makeup products and i have bought the drug store products and this is by the far the best! Loose powder i have ever used. It actually kept my oil on my face under control ALL DAY long. This was my first time trying it out and although the smell is sorta bad i find that as soon as the product hits your face the smell goes away. This product does not break you out..The price was 7$ for me..Its wonderful all oily skin people buy it..It will help A LOT!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I got this on sale for $5, and it works great. My Max Factor powder broke, so I was looking for an alternative. Over all it works great. I have sensitive skin and it doesn't irritate my skin at all. It doesn't make my face look cakey or oily. People have said in previous reviews that its shimmery, but I have not noticed this yet.

on 9/18/2011 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Overall, I love the product. I just don't like the packaging. Before I even try to open the stinking thing I lightly tap it on a flat surface and slowly (VERY SLOWLY) I open the top to see if I got enough powder to just lightly coat the top of the sifter. This helps so when I just barely dip my dual fibre brush in to pick up a little bit of powder it doesn't make me look cakey when I smooth it out.

I use this on my T-zone and other oily areas and it does a wonderful job of not giving me a "white cast" if blended out correctly. It lasts pretty long and I absolutely love the smell. Yes, it is strong but I've gotten use to it!

Price wise, if you have a coupon or if this goes on sale... GET IT & TRY IT!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

This power is a nice setting power but if your looking for coverage you wont be pleased. overall it's a good product with alot of product packaged for the price you pay and I actually would purchase this again.