COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/10/2004 10:55:00 PM

This stuff sets my make-up well, and lasts a while...I don't usually have to reapply. Since it's translucent, I just let my foundation do all the work of coverage, I just use this powder to get a more matte look, and set my foundation. The only bad thing is, which is why I took off a lippie, is because 1) it has a weird smell, which goes away after a while and 2) the top doesn't screw off, you kind of just place it on there, it seems like if I carried it anywhere, like travelling or something, it would spill everywhere.

on 10/12/2005 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this in translucent fair. It is the palest shade I could find, not QUITE pale enough for me but pretty close. It is also one of the cheapest powders I saw which is why I bought it, I know more expensive doesn't always = better quality. This is a good basic powder. Gets rid of shine good and when put over cream foundation sets a good base for shimmer powder, blush etc. It can be a little thick if you put too much on, so start with a little and work your way up. But in general it's not cakey or thick looking. The container is a little bit of a pain in the ass, you either get too little or too much out but it's ok when you get the hang of it. I do use the puffer that comes with it, it does the job but you can probably find better. I like it a lot and will definatley buy it again.

This stuff is terrific! I have a jar on my dresser and i always dab some on before i go out, wherever Iam going and it just absorbs everything and it just is nice and soft and gives good coverage and i love it=D. I also put some on my neck. I wish i could carry it with me!

Goes on too thick and cakey. If you tend to set foundation with powder, this is probably not for you. The brush is nice, but it tends to put too much powder on your face at one time. Terrible packaging. If you want enough powder to use, you have to shake it around and get it all over the place. Cover does not really seal either. Messy. Smells really weird and has a sparkle to it. Also, the fair shade turns orange on the skin. Once again... another CG product that does not match fair skin tones.

This works okay for what I use it for. I only use it to set my concealer under my eyes since my mineral foundation manages to cake up. It does smell funny, but I can overlook that. It's definitely not the best that's out there, but for the price, I think it's decent. I would probably buy this again.

on 8/22/2008 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am a firm believer in loose powders! This one works for me, but I can understand why it wouldn't work for everyone. I have pretty clear skin and don't use a foundation. I brush a little of this product all over my face to get rid of any shine. If you have just a little shine, this is great. I don't think it would work for oily skin. This powder instantly evens out my skin tone. I touch it up when I need to and it's a great quick fix if you just want to look freshened up instantly. It does have a strong fragrance to it which I'd rather not have, but it goes away over time. The packaging can get a little messy especially if it turns upside down in your bag or something, you open it up and POOF it goes everywhere, but I just be careful about it. And as a plus, the puff that comes with it is amazing! It the fluffiest I've seen and spreads the powder very well and very gently. This product meets my simple needs so I'd definitely buy it again. But if you have more complex needs I'd keep looking!

UPDATE: I decided to try out Ben Nye Cameo Visage Poudre (their Fair Translucent also works wonderful just the same), and I'm sold! Fragrance free, amazing mattifying qualities, perfect pigmentation, lasts all day, and even more of an amazing value than Cover Girl. My HG loose powder!!!

on 8/22/2008 5:54:00 PM

Overall this is a good product for its price. If you use a lot of loose powder to set your make up, this powder works great. However, it does not stop shine. I find I have to start blotting oil off my skin a couple hours after application. The powder itself is tinted but it goes translucent on skin. The smell is a little off putting but it does not linger on skin. The packaging has disaster potential. If too much product is sitting on top of the sifter when you open it, the powder spills out. The lid also just pulls off, it does not screw on. I find this powder works just as well as its higher priced counterparts.
Pros - very cheap, sets makeup nicely.
Cons - unpleasant smell, potentially messy container, doesn't stop shine.

on 6/6/2009 12:32:00 AM

This is generally an OK product, but I give it kind of a low rating because it doesn't do what I need a powder to do.
1. It doesn't control oil.
2. It has a very powdery finish even over a clean face.
3. I think it has too much color for something that I just want to set my makeup, but then again the color I have may be too light for me :/
4. The packaging is super bad. the top just pops off, it doesn't screw off.

It also has I scent to it, although it doesn't stay long. But if you have allergies or you are very sensitive to scents then I would avoid this product.
:) mo

I like that there is a lot of product for what is paid. It is pretty good, however I found that it wasn't as good as some of the other setting powders I have bought. It's good for if you don't want to use your expensive makeup. I love the smell though.

on 1/13/2011 8:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this and I have bought countless packages of this stuff! I've been setting my foundation with it for years! It is cheap enough (I go through powder in about 6 weeks) and the color is light enough (105) and matches my yellow-toned skin very well. I don't mind the scent. I guess I'm just used to it. I don't use the puff, but a powder brush, which I think does a better job anyway. Over all, this is a great setting powder for a great price!