Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

Price: $

on 4/6/2016 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is a really great powder overall. I used to use this back in the day when I was in high school and forgot about it for years as I dabbled more and more into the world of high end beauty/makeup.

I got mine in the shade "translucent fair" although I have noticed it is sometimes called "transparent fair" which leads me to believe they are 2 different products...but back to the review: when applied with a damp beauty blender this gives me the most flawless finish and brightening effect under my eyes, and I actually enjoy that the fair shade is slightly yellow toned (even if I am neutral/cool toned). The shimmer in the powder completely fades upon application as does the scent which I really don't mind all that much.

The only reason I give it 4 stars is because of the price. Though not quite what most would consider expensive, I feel that $7 at walmart even is just too much. For the amount you get and the cheapy packaging, I feel that they could stand to lower the price by a couple of dollars. Other than that, I think this is a great setting powder and baking powder if you're into that sort of thing! Will continue to re-purchase and use!

My only long-time powder. It's been pissing me off recently though. With very oily skin, it goes on great but after awhile of wear, I'm having to take my powder brush and blotting it in the oily patches. It goes on best with bare or just having used primer. Liquid foundation and this product don't mix well, I find. It's not the product's formula, but how uncontrollable the amount you get on your brush is. Terrible packaging. The lid pulls off easily, I've spilled it a million times. And it gets everywhere. The smell is so strong, I find even after washing my powder brush thoroughly, I can still catch a whiff of the powder on it. After weighing the pros and cons, I really don't know why I keep using it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this powder because I wanted to replace my heavier powders with something lighter to finish up my fo9undation routine. Safe to say that at Target this was only 6.99 CAD, so I thought why not? Well, I bought the lightest color, translucent fair, which was still 2 shades too dark for my NC15 skin. I put it on and it did not really set anything, or cover anything. I still had waxy spots on my face and it also splotched orange on my cheeks. Not only that but the scent is AWFUL. It smells like cold cream, and lasts a god five minutes before you get used to it. Even with all these reasons, the real reason I hated this product was because it broke me out within an hour of application. 7 new spots, that's a new record! I gave it to my sis to try, she's 14 and perhaps her skin will react better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My favorite powder. Goes on nice, stays on nice, and makes my skin feel super soft and smooth.

It really smells horrible, as others have mentioned.
I wish CG would change the scent.

The lid doesn't screw on, just pulls off, so I'm always worried about it spilling in my purse. And the holes in the container to distribute the powder are literal crap. I'm talking I dumped out the remainder of a different powder and put it in there. I'm not a huge fan of the little furry puff it comes with, so I use a brush, but that's me.

Basically, we have a love-hate relationship.

on 1/10/2014 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is horrible. It looks like I rubbed my face in glitter, the packaging is horrible and tends to spill. Smells kind of like baby powder, and it cakes up my hole face and looks like a powdery mess.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I tried this awhile ago and it was basically the worst powder I've ever tried. I am by no means oily but I literally was shiny like 10 minutes after I applied it. Also, it made me look super gray and ashy. It kinda looked like I push fireplace ashes all over my face and ruined the color of my foundation. This stuff is cheap and for a reason. Maybe it's also a contributing factor that I'm not a huge fan of loose powders...but this stuff is a total miss for me. I also HATE the packaging, the lid constantly falls off so there's no way I could bring this with me in my bag or my purse. I have tried way better powders for the same price if not cheaper.

Lid sucks! Anyway, just HAD to replace that hideous yellow stuff, that L.A. Colors calls "light" loose powder! YUCKO!!! This powder is just the right "light" color and it goes on smooth, lasting all day long! LOVIN' it so far! But, I don't get any sparkles or glitter at all! And, I guess I'm in the minority on that, as I sure wouldn't mind a bit of it! Oh, well! It works better than most loose powders, so I ain't complainin'! I don't use the puff that comes with this. I prefer a brush. Also, I get a slight Noxzema-like odor from this, but it isn't bad at all. I don't smell it at all once it's been applied. GREAT stuff!

on 1/10/2013 6:51:00 PM

Been using this for over thirty years now, yes count them. Whoa, dating myself here. Has the same CG (Noxema) scent that it did back in the early 1980s. However, it's the same great formula that keeps me looking flawless, oil-free and seems to make my pores disappear. Not crazy about the new packaging, but this is one of those classic products that still delivers on its promises.

on 12/30/2012 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great powder, cheap so I use it tons. Lasts forever. Never noticed any "sparkle" to it like others say. Doesn't break me out. Packaging isn't great, always spills. . One of m fav products though !

on 3/12/2012 1:20:00 PM

I don't know what made me buy this but it wasn't worth it. It smells weird, made me itchy & the lightest color was pretty dark. It oxidized so much people were asking me if I used bronzer as a foundation for the day.