COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder

COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder
No Title

3.1

on 12/25/2007 12:42:00 PM

I find that the colored powder looks obvious up close. It does get rid of shine and sets your makeup, but only for a couple of hours. Although I use a brush too, the puff that comes with it is pretty soft. The packaging in general is not good though, when I close the lid, much of it puffs out, making a big mess! The fragrance can get annoying at times. There are definitely better products out there.

I bought this in 115, translucent medium. My skin is a slight natural tan.

I use a face cream, liquid foundation and I set it with this. It works fine on me. It give me a matte look and gets rid of shine for me. I don't have much shine on the forehead so, I can see why it won't work on everyone.

I hate the packaging since if you turn it upside down it'll get everywhere. So I put a tape over some of the holes and it's fine now. I don't really mind the smell, the smell does no linger for long. It is very simple and simple results.

I have been buying this for years and I'll buy again unless I see something else.

This prduct is good for setting makeup but does not provide much coverage at all (I wasn't looking for it to provide coverage anyway.) The smell is not a bad one but if you don't like it, the scent doesn't last anyway.

It does a good enough job for the dirt cheap price, and feels really soft on my skin. It does not break out my acne prone skin.

I would not reccomend applying this powder with the puff that comes in the package. Although I have not actually tried it, I think it would distribute way too much powder unevenly. I use my MAC kabuki brush to apply this and it works really well, giving a thin layer to my skin.

The packaging isn't so great but I put my makeup in a train case, so this package doesn't move around or tip on its side at all. I don't have problems with it spilling because of this, but I would never ever put this in my purse unless I put it in a ziplock bag first.

I don't notice if this helps oily skin, as I find that my MAC primer is what keeps my T-Zone matte. So, I can't comment on its use for mattifying.

on 9/6/2009 10:44:00 PM

I dont know what i would do without this ! it has ingreadients in it that are great for your skin , its perfect its smooth matte and has light coverage on its own or to set. long wearing its all over perfect !

on 8/14/2010 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The smell is very strong and smells of ancient face powder. Also, it just poofs everywhere.. the cap also doesn't screw on and way too much comes out of that sifter. I only wanted a finishing powder, but even a light application makes my face look a little powdery and 'made up'. Would not repurchase.

on 12/12/2010 12:03:00 AM

I'd give this 3.5 stars if I could. This is a good basic loose powder that I use on a nearly daily basis to set my tinted moisturizer or foundation. I use a big powder brush instead of a powder puff so caking is minimal to non-existent. Like several reviewers have stated, the packaging is not the best (the lid on mine chipped a bit), but for under $5, this is a really good everyday standard. I'm sure if I got loose powder from, say, Chanel, I would tell quite a difference between drugstore quality and department/luxury quality, but like I said, for a few bucks, this is a dependable loose powder. And I find the Noxema smell somewhat comforting, in that nostalgic sense.

Love this powder i use it after my clinique superbalanced, and it give me a really natural finish!! the combination its perfect, im so happy because after 10 years trying to find something that i like.. i finally did it! i didnt know that CG ill give me this final touch.. PERFECT! love it, and i lov the smell!

on 9/18/2011 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Overall, I love the product. I just don't like the packaging. Before I even try to open the stinking thing I lightly tap it on a flat surface and slowly (VERY SLOWLY) I open the top to see if I got enough powder to just lightly coat the top of the sifter. This helps so when I just barely dip my dual fibre brush in to pick up a little bit of powder it doesn't make me look cakey when I smooth it out.

I use this on my T-zone and other oily areas and it does a wonderful job of not giving me a "white cast" if blended out correctly. It lasts pretty long and I absolutely love the smell. Yes, it is strong but I've gotten use to it!

Price wise, if you have a coupon or if this goes on sale... GET IT & TRY IT!

on 1/5/2014 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Bad colour, bad smell, bad packaging. I'm going from memory here as I last bought and used this around 3 years ago. They may have updated the formula and colour, but going off Covergirl's website I don't think the packaging has changed. I was so turned off by my previous experience that I won't ever repurchase this.

I bought translucent. HA, yeah right! It was an orangey-brown shade of beige, and I am very pale. Not translucent at all, it looked very obvious on my skin. I think only light/medium to medium complexions could use this as a translucent powder. The first time I used it, it looked so dark that I wiped it off and vowed to never use it again. I gave it to my sister who is darker than me, a medium complexion.

The smell is a little cloying. It doesn't smell fresh or sweet, or even very pleasant. It has quite a strong perfume that smells musky to me. Very old lady.

The packaging is terrible. Yes you get a generous amount in the tub and there are enough decent sized sifter holes, but the lid slides on and off. There is no twisting or locking mechanism, so this is not travel friendly at all. It's not even good as a stay-at-home product, in my opinion. Because of the crappy packaging, you have to be mindful to pick it up from the bottom every time. My sister told me that the first and only time she used it while getting ready for work, she absentmindedly picked it up from the top. The lid came right off and the tub fell on the floor, spilling powder everywhere. She was extremely pissed off that she had to wipe off her mirror and vanity, vacuum the floor and get changed before rushing out the door.

Oh and it comes with a fluffy puff. I never used it (I use a brush with loose powder), but some people might like it.

on 8/30/2014 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have used this once and it smells so strong i will not let this touch my skin ever again. Another product gone to waste.