COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder

No Title

3.6

on 4/24/2005 8:42:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've got this in Translucent Light, and it does a good job of setting my foundation. The smell doesn't bother me, and I kinda like the little sifter thing in the package. I probably won't need another loose powder for a long time because there's a generous amount in this one, so I don't know if I'd buy it again.

I thought that this was a GREAT product! I loved the pouf, as it was big and blended the powder very well. It smelled good, but was a little too strong—I could smell it when the cardboard was still covering it! However, it cancelled out the smell of my Neutrogena SkinClearing Tint, and made my face smell normal. I liked the packaging, and there sure is a lot of product in there, wow! I may try the NYC Loose Powder, as I've read a lot of great reviews about it, however I will definitely repurchase this lovely, lovely product. :-)

on 12/16/2005 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

At first I tried NYC's loose powder. They only had three colors available so it was hard to match. Covergirl has more color choices, and costs about $2 dollars more but it is worth it. I put this powder over my foundation, and it feels smooth. I like it because it is loose powder, compared to pressed powder.

on 4/1/2006 1:45:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I generally don't wear makeup, especially foundation and powders. I decided to try a very natural looking foundation to even my skin color and decided on this power to set it due to the reviews here. I am not disappointed! The Translucent Light is a perfect match with the CG clean foundation I chose, Creamy Natural. The powder sets the foundation well and makes my skin looks matte. I love the sheerness because it's very lightweight and it really feels and looks like it's my skin, only enhanced. Much, much better than the last powder I bought (from a professional who "color analyzed" me) which was grainy and made me look like I needed to be dusted. Lost one lippie to flimsy packaging, but that won't hold me back. I also didn't notice a smell. Assuming the "nonacnegenic" claim holds, I will definetely buy it again!
UPDATE: This started looking very dusty after a while, and you could see its flakes on my skin. I recently got Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Loose Powder and it's SO much better! Much finer milled, feels light and breathable, and you can hardly feel it on. The CG kept falling on my clothes, and just did not look natural. Will NOT repurchase, I trashed what I had left.

Not the worst I used, but not my HG. When applied with the pouf, I find it to be too sheer. So I use a big blush brush and it works better. I apply it sometimes over my foundation and it gives fine results. Probably won't repurchase, will try something else.

on 7/2/2006 7:48:00 AM

I really don't like this product. I used to use it in middle school, when I would use it just because it made me feel like a movie star. But if I use it NOW, it is disguisting. By the end of the day, it almost melts off and turns orange, even when I use the lightest shades. It feels thick, almost like a couple more layers of skin, and that really annoys me. it also tends to get all over the place when I use it.

Well, I've used this for years. It's an okay product...not great, but not horrible. I kind of like the smell, to be honest, and the lightest shade fits my skin tone pretty well. However, I despise the packaging. I never use the little puff that comes with it--I use a powder brush, and the product gets everywhere. I'm constantly leaving the house unaware that there's a ton of loose powder sprinkled all over the front of my top. I use it to set my makeup and it does a decent job, but I'm starting to want something a bit more silky and finely milled. I've been trying to avoid shelling out major bucks for a good loose powder, but I think I'm finally going to cave in and buy NARS.

Love this stuff....one little jar lasts forever. I have had several of these and have never had a reason to switch to a more finely milled powder. This one is cheap and works fabulously. The container is bothersome at times...I have to figure out a way to shake the powder out without getting it all over me!

on 12/20/2006 9:53:00 PM

when i was younger my mom used this- and i LOVE it im surprised the reviews werent better for this idk i love everthing about this loose powder i use the puff but usually will buy a new pufff every few weeks for the cleanliness factor ive never broken out from using it and i have been known to break out easily.

I don't use the little puff thing; I use a brush instead. I put it on top of my foundation, and I really like it. It has a very natural and light finish; I also love the smell. :-)