Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder
No Title

3.6

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Have this in translucent light. Needed a drugstore powder to avoid constantly using my expensive Tarte powder. It's thick, glittery and very matte. The glitter doesn't transfer out of the container and the powder overall is very good for baking the whole face. I wouldn't use this throughout the day to touch up as I feel like it will just make things very cakey but for what I need it to do this is a very good option.

on 4/20/2017 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I just bought this yesterday for little over 5$ (Canadian) since it was on special and I was actually looking for an inexpensive loose powder. I’ve been watching loads of videos on how to bake the undereye and set makeup so needless to say, I was dying to try it out at home. However, I wasn’t going to spring for Laura Mercier for my first loose powder purchase since it’s way up there in price.

So far, I’m thoroughly enjoying this powder.

The pros include: decent quantity, brightening yellow undertones, perfectly mattifying and a little goes a long way. For baking, I just dipped the tip of my RT sponge and it went on my undereye nicely. I patted a bit on the rest of my face with a fluffy powder brush and it pretty much just melted in with my foundation.

Of course there are a couple of cons, such as the floral scent which some people certainly loathe (I actually like it because it reminds me of old school Noxema!), not to mention the cheapie packaging. I don’t think it woud break the bank for CG to at least change the top cover from the horrid 80’s brown color to something else. It’s also a very messy product but that will inevitably be the case for any drugstore loose powder.

The powder came with a small velour-like puff which I actually love. I don’t use it to apply the CG loose powder however. Instead, I’ve put it inside my FitMe Poreless Pressed powder because I find it does a far better job than their sponge!

I will update my rating if I break out or something in a week. But so far I have to say that I’m really loving this powder and I’m so glad I spent 5 something instead of 45$!

UPDATE: No breakouts, love this powder!

This powder has a great texture and personally I love the scent! I love how soft it is and it really gets the job done. In my personal experience my under eye concealer has lasted all day and I love to use it to mattify my face if it ever gets a bit oily. My one problem with this, which unfortunately is huge, is that it is not a flash photo friendly powder. I learnt this the hard way and all my videos/pictures from nights (yes, it happened more than once, unfortunately,) out were ruined because of how WHITE my under eyes looked. Its my fault for not being careful, and still love the powder but Im going to have to find a flash friendly powder now. The packaging gets the job done, I like to tap powder into the cap and then return unused powder into the "tub" afterwards, which can get messy. Overall, the powder itself is amazing except when it comes to flash photography!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very nice and affordable setting powder. I got it in the color 105 Translucent Fair. It's neutral, but it has a yellow cast- perfect for brightening up the complexion. Seems to be a great chameleon; it just melts into your foundation color, perfecting it. Even when I had a darker foundation for the summer I still was able to use this color. While I do think it's a good value, it's a little small. It's only .7oz. And I paid roughly $6USD for it. I'm a little spoiled, because Coty's Airspun is 2.3oz. and around the same price. And, speaking of Airspun, it is famous for pouffing out in a cloud of powder when you close or open the container, and some people comment about its potential to fall onto one's shirt when it's applied. This Cover Girl powder is worse. Much worse, in my opinion. I *have* to change my shirt after applying it, or apply it before I get dressed... over the sink, because it'll get all over your vanity if you don't. A great powder; just messy.

on 6/24/2016 6:58:00 PM

Love this for setting foundation. It has a strong rosy/silky smell to it but it's not bad at all. This powder is definitely something I'd look for in a powder. It's very silky and a little goes a long way. If you use too much obviously it'll look cakey so be careful! This will last you a very long time!

on 1/6/2016 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder! Its such a fabulous product for the price & will last you a very, very long time. I been wanting to try this product for years & when I tried it I fell in love! It performs like a high end product & its relatively available. One thing I dont care for is the scent. It smells like Noxzema face wash, but I could look past it. Another thing is a little goes a very long way! Its lightweight as well. A light dusting will get the job done. If you apply too much product it WILL get cakey & look over powdery. However its great for baking 👍. It does have tiny specks of glitter but its very shuttle. If you have very oily skin like me, you will love this product! It controls oil very well, & last very long.It didnt break me out so Im glad. My skin can be sensitive but my skin had no negative reaction to the powder. I applied the powder after I put my foundation on & it looked flawless. I took a nap & I tend to get oily afterwards but it still looked great & didnt have to touch up. The packaging can be improved with the lid being very delicate but that's not a con for me. Overall I really think this product is a definite holy grail item. Try it out, for 6$ its worth a try.

on 9/20/2015 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Listen, I probably have every pressed and loose powder in my current arsenal or in my past. This one has intrigued me for a few months. I decided to purchase it - $5.99 at Target. It has that 80's Covergirl smell that I find comforting. I wear MAC NW45 so I purchased this in the color Honey. This has lots of shimmer in it and ends up looking beautiful on my skin! I used this to 'bake' my undereye concealer and it came out beautiful! I've also used it on my entire face to set foundation with good results. Nothing will keep my oil from breaking through but this just gives me such a glow with the tiny golden shimmers. An excellent product I would gladly pay triple for, this is highly underrated. The only loose setting powder I can travel with because the powder puff keeps the powder in check and below the sifter. I will be repurchasing as long as they make this.

on 8/22/2015 11:31:00 PM

This powder is interesting. Unlike other powders I've used, this one goes on the skin and changes the color of your skin to a beautiful youthful glow I don't even know how to explain it. The smell is a little strong, but after you've applied it you can't smell it anymore. I've stopped using it only for now since I'm very dark this summer, so I use this to set my under eye concealer. Love this.

on 8/22/2015 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I actually used to own this powder years ago, but I decided to buy it again at Ulta during a BOGO50% sale a few months ago, because I needed a cheap loose powder to use for "baking" under the eyes. Just as I remember from when I bought it the first time around, it has that signature Noxzema scent of Cover Girl products, and a plastic sifter that seems a bit flimsy. It also comes with a powder puff, which I immediately took out because I will never use it. Instead, I apply this powder with a foam wedge sponge for use under the eyes, and a powder brush for the rest of the face.

When used for baking concealer under the eyes, this powder works quite nicely. It sets my Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser concealer to a flawless finish. The shade Translucent Fair looks good whether I am pale or tan. It has yellow undertones, whereas Translucent Light looks more pink/peach. While I generally prefer the convenience of a pressed powder, I'd buy this again even if I were to use it only under the eyes.

on 8/8/2015 6:09:00 PM

I have tried several powders and this one is excellent. Please don't think it is a cheap product because of the price (that's just an added bonus!). I love that I finally found a powder that doesn't make me look overly powdered and dull. This will set your makeup without the loss of the radiance that you want to keep in your look. I do find that a brush works better than the included puff.