COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder

No Title

3.3

on 2/26/2005 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This powder is ok. It sets makeup well and it also wears well. When used with oil-control foundation it keeps my skin shone free all day. The puff thing that comes with it does not work very well, i use a brush instead. Probably won't repurchase b/c I like Clinique's better.

on 6/30/2005 5:07:00 PM

You get a generous amount of powder for a good price, but I would recommend using a powder brush instead of the puff that comes with it. The smell could be better, but it does a really good job setting my foundation or just evening out my skin.

on 5/11/2006 7:01:00 PM

Good colores and great for setting up make-up BUT!!! contains QUATERNIUM 15 wich is according to my studying book is "the geatest formaldehyde releaser among all cosmetic preservatives causing dermatitis and allergies". Formaldehyde was prohibited for usig as sanitizer years ago due to the concern that it might be cancercausing.
I didn't know that it contains quaternium 15 at first and noticed that I was getting headaches. I also had eyeshadow trio that contains this preservative and got bright pink irritationg on the corner of my eye. Another product that contan's it is their powder bronzer.
Girls watch out for quaternium 15 and take care!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Overall good product. Does build up quickly and look cakey, but a proper application stops this from happening. The puff is like bacteria heaven, so a brush is better to use with it.

on 3/24/2007 10:05:00 PM

I did not like this product at all.
I bought the fair powder, and it made me look sickly pale. And I already have pale skin.
It looked very caked on and un-natural. Smell is horrible. Took me an hour to simply open the thing.

I usually love cover girl products, but this has to be one of the worst products I have ever tried.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

For the price this is, I think it works well. It's good for setting makeup, compact setting powder is better but if you bought loose you shouldn't expect the same results. I do wish they had a wider range of shades, I bought the lightest which works for me in summer but is too dark for other seasons, a shade or two lighter would be perfect. I use it over my TM in summer and it helps set it and reduce shine, it needs a re-fresh every few hours or so but anything in that price range and by a DS company will. The scent is definitely noticeable, but I have a sensitive nose and it didn't bother me, I've gotten used to it and I think I even like it. The packaging can get a little messy, but with care it won't get powder everywhere. When I first got it, I assumed the puff wasn't any good and set it aside, but using a big powder brush wasn't doing it for me with this. I switched over to the puff and have found much better results. Not my HG, but all-in-all, it's pretty good for the price. Will repurchase.

I bought this only because I was tired of spending so much on powder since I go through it so fast.. and it turned out to be okay.

Firstly, I really do like this powder whenever I just wear concealer and the powder. It makes my face look very nice and neat but not made up. Makes me look fresh and presentable. I do not, however, like this powder whenever I use it over my liquid foundations. I have tried it with both MUF face&body and estee lauder's double wear and both times it looked fabulous whenever I put it on and looked horrible an hour later :(

Secondly, I know some people have problems with the packaging but I actually have no problems with it. The powder does sometimes get on things and leak out a bit but I have used mineral makeup before and so I guess this just doesn't bother me anymore. I do like though that the powder does not get stuck in the container like some of my others have.

All in all, I think this is a decent powder, especially if you are using it alone or with concealer. I definitely keep this around for days when I do not want to wear foundation.

on 7/27/2009 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have very fair skin, and this product was way too dark for me. It also caked throughout the day in certain places on my face and melted in others. I am not going to be buying this again. =)

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

i got this for 6 dollars at my local target. it was a good price for a lot of product. i threw out the puff thingy cause its just a waste. but the product is good i used it for a setting powder and i didnt see much or any caking.it smells weird though. plus my cap didnt brake yet but the material its made is so thin so im waiting for it to brake lol.
EDIT: this just sits in my makeup collection i never use it any more much better setting powders out there.

on 12/29/2009 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm patiently waiting for my E.L.F. powder to arrive so that I can toss this one. It's not the right kind of powder for me. Since I have oily skin, I need one that can control the oilies. And this powder just doesn't do that to any degree. It doesn't blend very well, either.