Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder
No Title

3.3

I usually use NYX translucent HD powder. Laura Mercier or Makeup Forever if I'm splurging. I was at Target and they were out of the NYX so I thought I would give this a try. The first warning sign should have been the color name. Fair translucent? No! I just want translucent- no color. Powder oxidizes my foundation. Atm, I'm tanned so it's not an issue. The smell is god awful. The puff that comes with it is awkward and causes the powder to go on heavy and cakey. When I switched to my normal powder brush the product wasn't bad.

Not a terrible option for drugstore- but NYX HD def blows this out of the water!

This was the first ever powder foundation I purchased in my life. 105 translucent fair works pretty well on my fair, cool skin (NW13). Eventually I made the switch to Clinique's pressed powder, which I prefer.

on 12/16/2015 10:37:00 PM

This product ends up looking cakey on my face, however I do counteract it with my PIxi Dewy Glow Mist, thus kept using it. However, I've noticed I'm disliking it more and more due to the strong scent. It didn't bug me at first, but the more I use it the more noticeable it is to the point of giving me a headache. Also, it weirdly causes me to have a runny nose....
However, this may be better for someone with oily skin and not sensitive to scents because it does help your makeup stay on longer.

on 5/1/2015 1:43:00 PM

I have been using this powder for several years and I love it! I have oily skin with large pores which makes finding a foundation very difficult, so most days I just put concealer on any spots and then use this powder. I like the coverage - it evens out my skin and looks really natural, and I like that my freckles still show through. I also have sensitive and acne-prone skin and this has never been an issue, and I've been using it almost every day for years. I've read that people have an issue with the smell, but I actually really like the smell of this. I Highly recommend this if you're looking for a good loose powder.

LOVE LOVE LOVE.
I have no issue with the smell, and it kind of bothers me that people are rating the product on the smell alone, as opposed to its ability to do its job. I personally like the smell. And this powder definitely does the job.
My coworker recommended this to me when I was telling her that I was looking for a loose powder- I HATE pressed powders, they always look awful on my skin. For $6.99 this powder definitely does the job. It really gives my face this natural look when I'm done putting on my concealer or foundation. I think it's a bit closer to my skin tone than the concealers/foundations so it really helps to make it look like I'm not wearing makeup. It goes on very light and it's easy to blend if you accidentally put too much on, but that's pretty hard to do since this powder is so fine. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it. Although the lightest shade is too dark for me, I mix it with baby powder and works fine. Great on my oily skin and keeps me matte all day long. <3

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have been buying this powder for almost a year now! This powder sets my liquid foundation perfectly. It's feels very light on the skin, and blends great. It hides any oiliness I may have throughout the day, though I usually reapply after about 6 hours.

The package comes with a puff, but I do not use it because it ends up applying WAY to much. I would recommend using a brush. And also beware of the lid! Every single one I have had ends up cracking into a million pieces!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this powder for about 3 years now and can't get enough, I apply it after my liquid foundation and sometimes even on my lashes for that extra length trick. It comes with a small applicator but I prefer to use a brush. The pricing is great ($6) and it hides my oily forehead although only temporarily, after about 6 hours it starts to come through again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is the only loose powder I have ever liked. I am very fair, with yellow undertones (NC15), and "Translucent Fair" is a great color match. I don't wear liquid foundation, but I hate having shiny skin, so I always wear a powder. This mattifies my very oily skin, but has a bit of radiance to it, that enhances my complexion, rather than dulls it. Although I don't want shiny skin, I also don't want dull, flaky skin, so to find a loose powder that meets my needs makes me very happy. I use either a fluffy brush, or the included puff to apply, because it's so soft and fluffy, it applies the powder nicely. This does have the classic Noxzema scent, often associated with Covergirl cosmetics, but it isn't as strong as in their pressed powder. I don't mind it, but would prefer it to be fragrance free. The lid stays on well in my makeup bag, and I take it everywhere with me! One container lasts forever, so the price is great!

on 11/18/2014 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I wear the CG loose powder in Translucent Fair #105. My skin tone is medium with yellow undertones, and is oily but not acne prone. I find that this shade matches so well in the winter time. I've used it in the summertime, but put some bronzer over it to match my tanner skin. I have the Medium shade in 115, so might try that next summer and see if it matches better at that time.

Because I have oily skin, I find that loose powders work the best for me. Also, because of having oily skin, powders oxidize on my skin, so I have to be careful not to go too dark with any powder. The Fair #105 is perfect for this. I can see why very fair skinned people would have a hard time with the Fair, since it works perfectly on my medium skin (I tan really well and never get pasty).

I wouldn't consider any of these powders truly "Translucent." They definitely have some color in them. When I think of Translucent I think of an almost white finishing powder. What surprised me about the powders (I can only speak for the Light and Medium) is that they are yellow toned, at least enough for me. Most CG foundations are so pink I can't even go there. I used to spend more $$$ on higher end powders thinking that all drugstore loose powders are too pink. I was really impressed how natural these powders appear on my complexion.

I use this over my foundation, set with rose water spray, and my makeup is intact, not blotchy and looking good after a 10 hour day. The smell is noticeable, but it usually doesn't bother me and I find that it goes away pretty quickly. I would occasionally replace the powder puff for sanitary purposes, or use a fluffy brush to apply. I can't believe I didn't discover this product sooner! It's been around forever and I shied away assuming that the colors would be too pink for me. This is my HG powder.