Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

No Title

3.7

on 8/24/2016 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking to switch from MAC loose mineral powder for a long time. Then I found this! I was paying $43 every two months at MAC, and then decided to give this a try since I was running low. What a surprise. I mean, I was blown away! The coverage was incredible, not cakey, and kept a matte finish all day long with no touch ups! It didn't enhance my fine lines, and didn't have an orange tinge to it like years ago when I switched to MAC in the first place. At $7.99, this is now my go to powder.... Save your money, this is professional MAC quality for a fraction of the cost!

on 6/24/2016 6:58:00 PM

Love this for setting foundation. It has a strong rosy/silky smell to it but it's not bad at all. This powder is definitely something I'd look for in a powder. It's very silky and a little goes a long way. If you use too much obviously it'll look cakey so be careful! This will last you a very long time!

on 1/6/2016 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder! Its such a fabulous product for the price & will last you a very, very long time. I been wanting to try this product for years & when I tried it I fell in love! It performs like a high end product & its relatively available. One thing I dont care for is the scent. It smells like Noxzema face wash, but I could look past it. Another thing is a little goes a very long way! Its lightweight as well. A light dusting will get the job done. If you apply too much product it WILL get cakey & look over powdery. However its great for baking 👍. It does have tiny specks of glitter but its very shuttle. If you have very oily skin like me, you will love this product! It controls oil very well, & last very long.It didnt break me out so Im glad. My skin can be sensitive but my skin had no negative reaction to the powder. I applied the powder after I put my foundation on & it looked flawless. I took a nap & I tend to get oily afterwards but it still looked great & didnt have to touch up. The packaging can be improved with the lid being very delicate but that's not a con for me. Overall I really think this product is a definite holy grail item. Try it out, for 6$ its worth a try.

on 8/8/2015 6:09:00 PM

I have tried several powders and this one is excellent. Please don't think it is a cheap product because of the price (that's just an added bonus!). I love that I finally found a powder that doesn't make me look overly powdered and dull. This will set your makeup without the loss of the radiance that you want to keep in your look. I do find that a brush works better than the included puff.

on 11/18/2014 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I wear the CG loose powder in Translucent Fair #105. My skin tone is medium with yellow undertones, and is oily but not acne prone. I find that this shade matches so well in the winter time. I've used it in the summertime, but put some bronzer over it to match my tanner skin. I have the Medium shade in 115, so might try that next summer and see if it matches better at that time.

Because I have oily skin, I find that loose powders work the best for me. Also, because of having oily skin, powders oxidize on my skin, so I have to be careful not to go too dark with any powder. The Fair #105 is perfect for this. I can see why very fair skinned people would have a hard time with the Fair, since it works perfectly on my medium skin (I tan really well and never get pasty).

I wouldn't consider any of these powders truly "Translucent." They definitely have some color in them. When I think of Translucent I think of an almost white finishing powder. What surprised me about the powders (I can only speak for the Light and Medium) is that they are yellow toned, at least enough for me. Most CG foundations are so pink I can't even go there. I used to spend more $$$ on higher end powders thinking that all drugstore loose powders are too pink. I was really impressed how natural these powders appear on my complexion.

I use this over my foundation, set with rose water spray, and my makeup is intact, not blotchy and looking good after a 10 hour day. The smell is noticeable, but it usually doesn't bother me and I find that it goes away pretty quickly. I would occasionally replace the powder puff for sanitary purposes, or use a fluffy brush to apply. I can't believe I didn't discover this product sooner! It's been around forever and I shied away assuming that the colors would be too pink for me. This is my HG powder.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've had this powder for 2 months now and I've only worn it 3 times, because every time I've worn it I've broken out really badly. Another thing I really hated about this is the smell- I cannot get past it- it smells really old and, this sounds bad but, like an old lady. When I applied the product I used less than I normally use and I still seemed to look a bit cakey. The applicator it came with was really terrible, a little furry puff that makes it impossible to spread or use (the benefit is that it fits inside the tub nicely so it's good to carry around). I really wanted to like this because it's so much cheaper compared to my normal one ($8 at Kmart).

on 6/26/2013 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Prior to this, I have always used only pressed powder. My mom kept trying to get me to try a loose powder, but I always resisted. But after trying several loose powders that didn't really work for me or weren't anything special, I decided to give this a try. I am so glad I did. I don't like the little puff that comes with it, so I apply this with a brush instead.

I purchased this in translucent medium. When I first opened the package, I was worried that it would be thick and cakey. But it is not at all. It's very light and easy to apply. It is very sheer and you can barely see it once it is on your face. I like that a lot. I spent a lot of time trying to find a pressed powder to do that. The price is reasonable and a little bit goes a long way. Other reviewers mentioned a smell that is somewhat off-putting, but I have not noticed that at all.

The only thing I don't care for with this powder is the packaging. It is not always easy to get the powder out and it kind of flies all over the place. I usually end up with powder all over the sink and my arms. But that is very minor, so I can live with it. The things I like about this powder outnumber the one minor little negative. I have no idea why I didn't try using a loose powder sooner. I will definitely repurchase this product when I run out.

Edit 8-15-2014
I have one major complaint about this foundation. It is NOT translucent. I had this in medium, and was hoping it would be colorless over my foundation. It's not. It has a definite tint to it. It doesn't look horrible. Even though I did end up repurchasing this, I also ended up throwing it out. I decided to get the Maybelline Loose Powder instead. The light is a perfect match for my Maybelline Dream Matte Liquid Mousse foundation in Natural Beige. There are instructions on the back that makes it a snap to find the right shade. I plan on sticking with loose powder, but I'm pretty much done with this one.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Very briefly... I was impressed by the high quality, texture, and outcome of the powder itself.
I have tried several loose powder high end brands, MAC, Estee Lauder, Chanel. All of them had a sticky kind of sensation to them, like there were still some emulsifiers or binders in them. Not at all pleasant. I have oily skin so I need powder to set make up, not make it even more oily.

- The loose powder is high quality: keeps everything in place, no shimmer, no weird coloring.
- Dirt cheap... 6 dollars on Walmart
- It smells like old lady, which turns me off, but who cares...it's gone after 10 mins.
- The packaging is not the greatest, but at least it's easy to get it out. Had trouble with previous brands where powder wouldn't even come out.

Overall, if they changed the fragrance used in the powder... they would get more customers for sure.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I really like this powder because it makes my skin look very smooth. I can apply as much layers as I want for more coverage and it doesn't look cakey. It is a little shimmery, but I don't think it is super noticeable when you put it on your face. The packaging is not that messy if you keep the puff that it comes with, it stops the powder from going all over the place. I apply this with an angled blush brush on top of my foundation and it makes my makeup look natural. This powder is really inexpensive and accessible, I definitely recommend it.

on 9/3/2012 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This powder smells like a mixture of baby powder, unidentifiable chemicals, and flowers. In other words, terrible and not worth wearing. It does its job of mattifying, but the smell is just so overpowering that I cannot imagine using all of this product up. The packaging is pretty crappy; the holes that are supposed to control the amount of powder that goes through are just too large. I definitely will not be wearing or buying this again.