Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

4.5

on 4/6/2016 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is a really great powder overall. I used to use this back in the day when I was in high school and forgot about it for years as I dabbled more and more into the world of high end beauty/makeup.

I got mine in the shade "translucent fair" although I have noticed it is sometimes called "transparent fair" which leads me to believe they are 2 different products...but back to the review: when applied with a damp beauty blender this gives me the most flawless finish and brightening effect under my eyes, and I actually enjoy that the fair shade is slightly yellow toned (even if I am neutral/cool toned). The shimmer in the powder completely fades upon application as does the scent which I really don't mind all that much.

The only reason I give it 4 stars is because of the price. Though not quite what most would consider expensive, I feel that $7 at walmart even is just too much. For the amount you get and the cheapy packaging, I feel that they could stand to lower the price by a couple of dollars. Other than that, I think this is a great setting powder and baking powder if you're into that sort of thing! Will continue to re-purchase and use!

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Right off the bat, I'm gonna say it. The packaging is horrible. The lid cracked, so now I can't travel with this, the sifter doesn't come out, which I don't really like, and the lid can come off without warning. Aside from that, I truly love this product. I started using this product about a year ago when my other covergirl pressed powder was empty. I mean it only had specs of product left. My mother had been using this product so I tried hers to see if I liked it. At first I thought it was meh but now I can't live without it! It's so light but keeps my face matte and keeps my makeup in place all day long. Honestly, I would recommend this product to anyone who had second thoughts about it. I have mine in translucent light but there is also one other color, I believe. Something I do understand is a problem is that this powder wouldn't work for skin colors other than fair to light. I happen to have very fair skin so this product works great, but for skin colors that are even a little tan, they might look like Casper the ghost. Keep in mind that I do have normal to sensitive skin. My mother does have dry skin though so this works for dry skin also. Do note also that if you apply too much or with the wrong foundation, you will get a powdery and cakey look and no one got time for dat! So if you have normal, combo, or sensitive skin, you have light skin, get this! Also, this product has an amazing smell. I can't describe it but it sure doesn't smell like makeup. <3

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have gotten the high end makeup products and i have bought the drug store products and this is by the far the best! Loose powder i have ever used. It actually kept my oil on my face under control ALL DAY long. This was my first time trying it out and although the smell is sorta bad i find that as soon as the product hits your face the smell goes away. This product does not break you out..The price was 7$ for me..Its wonderful all oily skin people buy it..It will help A LOT!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I got this on sale for $5, and it works great. My Max Factor powder broke, so I was looking for an alternative. Over all it works great. I have sensitive skin and it doesn't irritate my skin at all. It doesn't make my face look cakey or oily. People have said in previous reviews that its shimmery, but I have not noticed this yet.