Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder
No Title

3.1

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my daily powder that I use to set my make-up. The powder itself is really nice. Controls shine really well. Doesn't cake up. Doesn't break me out. Sets my make-up nicely.
However, I absolutely hate the container. It's not sanitary to use the little pad that it comes with. So I have to pour a bit of the power into the cap, then take my fluffy powder brush and pick up the powder to apply it. It's annoying and can get a bit messy.
So I like the product, hate the packaging. Probably will keep buying it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Very briefly... I was impressed by the high quality, texture, and outcome of the powder itself.
I have tried several loose powder high end brands, MAC, Estee Lauder, Chanel. All of them had a sticky kind of sensation to them, like there were still some emulsifiers or binders in them. Not at all pleasant. I have oily skin so I need powder to set make up, not make it even more oily.

- The loose powder is high quality: keeps everything in place, no shimmer, no weird coloring.
- Dirt cheap... 6 dollars on Walmart
- It smells like old lady, which turns me off, but who cares...it's gone after 10 mins.
- The packaging is not the greatest, but at least it's easy to get it out. Had trouble with previous brands where powder wouldn't even come out.

Overall, if they changed the fragrance used in the powder... they would get more customers for sure.

on 12/22/2011 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Price- I got it at Rite Aid for about $6-7 i think, sorry I cant remember. But I know it's not over $10, so it's not a super expensive powder compared to other drugstore powders. It's avaliable at any drugstores.

Coverage- I'm very oily in my t-zone especially throughout the day,so I bought this to go over my foundation and conceal my oily-ness. I'd say after about 3 hours you'd need to reapply but I dont mind because I always bring this in my makeup bag to lunch. If you want a powder for oily skin that lasts all day, this is not it. If not, this does an okay job of setting foundation. It says it's supposed to be a translucent powder but it's not. I definatly has color to it (i have the color Medium) which is fine for me becuase it's my color and you cant see it over foundation. It's not heavy at all, you cant even feel it when it's on your face.

How long does it last?- I've had this for about 4 months now because it lasts SO LONG. I mean really, you dont need to throw on a ton onto your face. Even if you have super duper oily skin, you dont need that much with this powder.

Smell/ Break out?- This has a STRONG scent to it but you cant smell it once it's on your face. It's almost like perfumy kind of scent? Even for my sensitive skin though, it doesnt irratate my face. This powder did not break me out, which I was very pleased about! I have acne-prone/ combo- oily skin and it did NOT break me out which is great.

Consistancy- UGH. This powder definatly has shimmery finish to it, and I noticed it when I first got it, but it wasnt that big of deal for me since my foundation did a nice job of concealing it. BUT THEN, I got a new foundation and OMG. I looked like edward cullen! god it was like i had shoved my face in a bucket of glitter! >:( And since my nose is where i get the most oilest, it had looked like i had beads of sweat all over my nose and you could see the oil breaking through the powder on my t-zone in less than 3 hours.

Packaging- It comes in a plastic container, with just a pull off/on cap. It has a white fluffy applicator inside which is nice at first but since I carry it in my bag the powder spills all over the white puffy applicator. But I never used it anyway, what I do is use an all over face powder brush (the ELF one) to apply it. I first squish the applicator together and the product falls into the cap and then i swirl my brush in the cap with the product inside and apply onto my face.

Overall review- Would I buy this again? NO. Why? My main con about this is the GLITTERY finish to it, I hate it so much.C'mon CG, seriously? you want use to look like fairys? The scent is WAY TOO strong for a powder. And the packaging sucks! Would I recommand it? No.

on 6/29/2009 12:45:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I needed a powder to set my foundation. This does have a strong scent that can be too much for some people. It doesn't bother me, personally. The packaging sucks, that's my main issue. The sifter is terrible and it's messy to open and close. However, the product itself is fine. It's very light, transparent and it made my face look great. For about $6, this wasn't bad at all. Because of the packaging, I probably won't purchase this again. It just gets too messy to use.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

I originally decided to try CG's loose powder because I wanted something to set my foundation, and wasn't willing to shell out money to something I don't really consider a staple. I like that it's cheap, and it really does give a natural finish to my MAC Studio Fix-finished face. The smell doesn't bother me since it doesn't linger on, and I can't really say if it controls oil, because my face is not oily.

I consider this an average product, since I've never tried any other loose powder to compare it with, and at the the end of the day I'm pretty sure most of it has come off. I'm not really sure if I would re-purchase again, but I overall I think this a decent product, that won't empty out your wallet.

on 4/1/2006 1:45:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I generally don't wear makeup, especially foundation and powders. I decided to try a very natural looking foundation to even my skin color and decided on this power to set it due to the reviews here. I am not disappointed! The Translucent Light is a perfect match with the CG clean foundation I chose, Creamy Natural. The powder sets the foundation well and makes my skin looks matte. I love the sheerness because it's very lightweight and it really feels and looks like it's my skin, only enhanced. Much, much better than the last powder I bought (from a professional who "color analyzed" me) which was grainy and made me look like I needed to be dusted. Lost one lippie to flimsy packaging, but that won't hold me back. I also didn't notice a smell. Assuming the "nonacnegenic" claim holds, I will definetely buy it again!
UPDATE: This started looking very dusty after a while, and you could see its flakes on my skin. I recently got Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Loose Powder and it's SO much better! Much finer milled, feels light and breathable, and you can hardly feel it on. The CG kept falling on my clothes, and just did not look natural. Will NOT repurchase, I trashed what I had left.

on 4/24/2005 8:42:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've got this in Translucent Light, and it does a good job of setting my foundation. The smell doesn't bother me, and I kinda like the little sifter thing in the package. I probably won't need another loose powder for a long time because there's a generous amount in this one, so I don't know if I'd buy it again.