COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder

No Title

3.6

on 12/16/2005 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

At first I tried NYC's loose powder. They only had three colors available so it was hard to match. Covergirl has more color choices, and costs about $2 dollars more but it is worth it. I put this powder over my foundation, and it feels smooth. I like it because it is loose powder, compared to pressed powder.

Not the worst I used, but not my HG. When applied with the pouf, I find it to be too sheer. So I use a big blush brush and it works better. I apply it sometimes over my foundation and it gives fine results. Probably won't repurchase, will try something else.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Overall good product. Does build up quickly and look cakey, but a proper application stops this from happening. The puff is like bacteria heaven, so a brush is better to use with it.

on 11/11/2006 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to like this powder; it's cheap and I can find it anywhere. I rarely break out, and this powder has produced a constellation of zits all over my face (I use a brush, not the puff). I'm pretty dry, so I only use loose powder once in the morning to set my make-up, so this powder would've lasted forever. I will not repurchase, unfortunately.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Really gross perfume-y smell coupled with a sparkly finish that makes it look like I'm a five-year-old that got into Mommy's make-up case? No thanks. I was hoping to tone down some of the redness of my skin, not look like a failed art project. The powder also goes everywhere and doesn't evenly cover my skin -- not a problem I've had with any other loose powder. I feel like I breathe in more of it than I put on.

on 8/22/2008 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am a firm believer in loose powders! This one works for me, but I can understand why it wouldn't work for everyone. I have pretty clear skin and don't use a foundation. I brush a little of this product all over my face to get rid of any shine. If you have just a little shine, this is great. I don't think it would work for oily skin. This powder instantly evens out my skin tone. I touch it up when I need to and it's a great quick fix if you just want to look freshened up instantly. It does have a strong fragrance to it which I'd rather not have, but it goes away over time. The packaging can get a little messy especially if it turns upside down in your bag or something, you open it up and POOF it goes everywhere, but I just be careful about it. And as a plus, the puff that comes with it is amazing! It the fluffiest I've seen and spreads the powder very well and very gently. This product meets my simple needs so I'd definitely buy it again. But if you have more complex needs I'd keep looking!

UPDATE: I decided to try out Ben Nye Cameo Visage Poudre (their Fair Translucent also works wonderful just the same), and I'm sold! Fragrance free, amazing mattifying qualities, perfect pigmentation, lasts all day, and even more of an amazing value than Cover Girl. My HG loose powder!!!

on 12/29/2009 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm patiently waiting for my E.L.F. powder to arrive so that I can toss this one. It's not the right kind of powder for me. Since I have oily skin, I need one that can control the oilies. And this powder just doesn't do that to any degree. It doesn't blend very well, either.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great inexpensive powder to set liquid foundation. It gives sheer coverage and does not go on cakey. It dusts on nicely and blends well into the skin.

on 3/8/2010 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Just bought my second one.

I have two sets of makeup, one at my home the other at my boyfriends place, and I keep my MAC loose powder @ my house ( and usually the nicer makeup in general )

But, having both, I actually like this stuff better. It takes the shine out of your freshly applied makeup, and sets it. No complaints here, and especially for the price.

Only downside is that the cover on my last one cracked bc it is very thin and cheaply packaged...hey for five bucks I am not complaining.

on 6/13/2010 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've used this product for years; tried to find other loose finishing powders that go with my yellow/olive undertones, but I keep coming back to the Translucent Fair 105 or Translucent Light 110 as my staples - love this powder. Versatile: it wears well over moisturized skin (buffed on with a buffer brush for sheer coverage) or over foundation (applied with a round flat sponge applicator for fuller coverage matte finish). I have oily skin, though, so within 4-6 hours I'm shiny; after blotting off excess oil, I'm able to reapply without problem and go another 4-6 hours. Color stays true (does not seem to oxidize over the course of the day). Smell of product is fresh, like Noxema. Definitely a reliable standby for me!