COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder

No Title

3.1

on 2/26/2005 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This powder is ok. It sets makeup well and it also wears well. When used with oil-control foundation it keeps my skin shone free all day. The puff thing that comes with it does not work very well, i use a brush instead. Probably won't repurchase b/c I like Clinique's better.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

worst loose powder ever. doesn't do anything except for look ugly

before i used this product i used the maybelline version of this, and when i did started using this (because i was on a budget) i loved it! it dosn't make my skin oily or dry! i put it over my foundation and it leaves a smooth finish ALL day its awsome, i've been using it for about 5 years now (since i was 14!) and nothing can compare especially at the price! i hope this stuff never discontinues!! i could never live with out it :P

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I was running out of my Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder, and bought this product based on three things: 1) its cheap, 2) I like the container and 3) its loose powder.

I thought I'd give this a try....

First all, I noticed a lot of people wrote that it has a funny smell. Actually, almost all Cover Girl face products have Noxema in it, to help keep your skin in good condition and not break out. So thats what you're smelling. I personally like the smell :)

Second... I have oily skin, and maybe I'm used to Revolon's Colorstay Pressed Powder, but this Covergirl Loose Powder doesn't really last thru out the day. Within 3 hours of wearing it I noticed my face was shiny and that the powder didn't give me much coverage. I didn't use the puff, I used a kabuki brush that I have separately. At first, I thought it was good because the color matched well and it has a teeny amount of shimmer it in, which was nice. But it doesn't last long nor provide much coverage. With Revlon's Colorstay Pressed Powder, I didn't need any touch up at all or no reapplication.

Third, I will probably dump it out and use the containter for Revlon's Mineral Powder Foundation. The packaging for that powder really sucks so I'll probably dump it into the Covergirl Loose Powder container :P

Then again, this is fhe first day of me using the powder... but it doesn't look hopeful so far :(

I gave it two lippies, because of 1) the container and 2) the color is actually nice. Just needs to have better staying power and coverage. I guess this is good if you don't want much coverage at all?? Because I have oily skin, I'm looking for more of a matte finish, and this didn't give me the results I was looking for. Guess I'll go back to revlon!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

i got this for 6 dollars at my local target. it was a good price for a lot of product. i threw out the puff thingy cause its just a waste. but the product is good i used it for a setting powder and i didnt see much or any caking.it smells weird though. plus my cap didnt brake yet but the material its made is so thin so im waiting for it to brake lol.
EDIT: this just sits in my makeup collection i never use it any more much better setting powders out there.

on 12/16/2009 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This loose powder is awesome. A little bit is all you need to achieve a flawless look. Truly delivers professional result at drugstore price.

I was so dissapointed in this powder, #1 because of the overwhelming strong perfume smell, and #2 for the chalky look that it gave me. I ended up throwing the whole thing away after using it once. Not worth your money!!

on 2/20/2010 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I use this only to apply under my eyes to catch any fall out from eyeshadow. For that purpose only it does it's function. It has a strange medicinal or menthol smell that I'm not very keen about but am able to tolerate. Like all loose powders it can get messy. I apply a thick layer under my eyes with a foundation sponge and when I'm done with my eye make up I wipe it away with the same sponge. I use the shade translucent light. I purposefully purchased a much lighter shade to help brighten up my eye area.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

This power is a nice setting power but if your looking for coverage you wont be pleased. overall it's a good product with alot of product packaged for the price you pay and I actually would purchase this again.

on 7/12/2010 7:05:00 PM

Tossed after 1 use. Can't get past the smell ~ I thought they had gotten rid of the noxema smell a while ago? Love that the lid stays on tight which, with the dirt cheap price ($4.12 at Ulta), are the only redeeming qualities of this powder. Can't vouch for the color, wear, or oil controlling properties since I couldn't get past the smell.